VIZIO M701D-A3 or sharp LC70LE857U ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im currently looking to buy a new tv for my basement. It will be used mainly for watching sports and gaming. Sometimes we will be watching movies on it when it gets to hot to watch up stairs. I need some advice on buying one of these 2 tvs. I can get the vizio right now for 2,099.99+tax at local Costco and the sharp for 2,359.00 shipped from a site online. You guys helped me out in the past with my panasonic 65vt30 and I LOVE this tv. I was wondering if any of these TV's will be close to that tv for sports? Is there a huge difference between the
sharp LC70LE757U and the LC70LE857U? I know it has that aqua motion and does the LC70LE857U make a huge difference? The price range is like 185 dollars more for 8 series sharp?
As you can tell im leaning toward the sharp tv but I cant view the vizio M701D-A3 tv, so I have no option on it. All I have is what I read and it seemed pretty good so far except the issue with the bad power supplies. Also if you guys have any other suggestions on a tv or projector (I have 15ft to a good wall to mount projector) to look at in that price range. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 PM

Liked: 12
Wpayton34 : I would buy the Panasonic 65S60 for the price it's 1299.99 at costco and will serve your needs for sports. But if you want a good TV I would go with the Vizio, it had a great review on Cnet. Plus go on the thread on here for the M series it will guide you on your knowledge to find what your looking for. I am looking for a TV myself but neither of what you have mentioned are not in my favo till Im waiting for the Sony XBR-65HX950 to go on sale. Good luck with your selection.
post #3 of 21 Old 07-09-2013, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Ya thanks. I'm actually trying to go bigger than my 65 in tv
post #4 of 21 Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
am in the same boat, but I would never go back to a Plasma.. But I do like ZT60..i would like to see others input..
post #5 of 21 Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM

oops....
post #6 of 21 Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

O ya the zt60 is amazing. Man if I didnt have the vt30 or wanted a bigger set I would buy it. I was at best buy yesterday and I was blown away by it. The vizio looked ok but the 8 series sharp looked pretty good. How does the vizio and the 8 series sharp hold up to fast pace sports like hockey?
post #7 of 21 Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Liked: 11
post #8 of 21 Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 AM

Liked: 58

I can't speak to the comparison with the Panasonic, however, I'm a proud new owner of the Vizio M701d and I can tell you that I'm blown away by the performance of the TV.

I've viewed DirecTV (SD and HD), Blu-ray (Escape from Planet Earth, Toy Story 3 and Oz TG&P), Over the Air HD, Amazon Instant and YouTube 3D content and this set handles them all very well. Blu-Ray is jaw dropping. Stunning. Directv performance is above my expectations and 3D is surprisingly good. Very glad to have the ease of use of a Passive 3D set that uses standard RealD theater glasses (the set comes with 4-8 depending on where you purchase)

This TV has replaced a Samsung 52" LCD and I didn't think any TV could touch that one in terms of PQ, Color accuracy and general image pop. The Vizio has quickly made me forget about my beloved Sammy (we moved it to the kid's playroom so its still in the family).

The only complaint I have with the TV is the remote. It requires a very precise line of sight to the bottom left corner of the TV. However, as other Vizio "M-Series" owners will attest, you can use a Harmony remote or an IR extender to resolve this. Or, you can wait for the upcoming firmware update that will convert the remote to WiFi.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

QuadraQ likes this.

My Blog >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

My Equipment: 70" Vizio M-Series | Directv HR34-700 | Denon AVR-591 | Harmony Smart Control | Samsung LNT-5265 | PS3
post #9 of 21 Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Do u watch sports on the tv? Thats my main concern with the that visio. I want to be close to what my vt30 does for sports and I know its plasma so its hard comparison.
post #10 of 21 Old 07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I own the 55" version the M551D. I watch sports, most recently the Stanley cup playoffs & the motion was excellent, crisp & clear. No blur. I've also watched baseball, now there's a fast sport.. rolleyes.gif.
Football is yet to come, (I just bought this in June).
post #11 of 21 Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpayton34 View Post

Thanks for the info. Do u watch sports on the tv? Thats my main concern with the that visio. I want to be close to what my vt30 does for sports and I know its plasma so its hard comparison.

I live in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, about 60 minutes from my hometown of Tuscaloosa. Hit me back come August 31, 2013 and I can tell you all about sports, in particular SEC football (Roll Tide), on the Vizio ;)

Until then, I'll watch the occasional baseball game but that's about it for sports until Football season.

My Blog >
|
|

My Equipment: 70" Vizio M-Series | Directv HR34-700 | Denon AVR-591 | Harmony Smart Control | Samsung LNT-5265 | PS3
post #12 of 21 Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Haha ya. Hopefully the prices drop a little by then. Gotta build my bar then the tv will come. I got an old Samsung dlp there for now. I was spoiled watching the hawks win the cup on my vt. Need the new set by bears season and next years olypmic hockey. I guess my main argument with the wife is I sold this years season. Ya if hockey looked good then I guess curling would be fantastic hehe.
post #13 of 21 Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM

I just wanna know who has the better blacks.....
post #14 of 21 Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpayton34 View Post

Gotta build my bar then the tv will come. I got an old Samsung dlp there for now...

Sounds familiar. My Samsung 46" DLP is the excuse for my upgrade to the 70" Viz, lol

I've put 5 bulbs in it since I purchased it back in 2005. Its been in our kids playroom for all those years.

After I woke up to the "smile of death" blinking power button lights a few weeks ago, I finally decided that I was done buying bulbs and did a musical chairs move to make room for the Vizio. I replaced the DLP with the 52" Sammy that was our main, over the mantle, family room TV.

That left a God-sized hole that only a prayer and a 70" LCD could fill.

So, very thankful for the timing of how it all happened around the same time the new "M-Series" Vizios came out. I could not be happier with the upgrade :)

My Blog >
|
|

post #15 of 21 Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM

HI Guys,

I am looking at the Vizio also but noticed that it doesn't have an OTA tuner? Is this a misprint or did they not include a tuner on the TV? I am putting this in my basement and would like the option to have local channels run to it.
post #16 of 21 Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbschae View Post

HI Guys,

I am looking at the Vizio also but noticed that it doesn't have an OTA tuner? Is this a misprint or did they not include a tuner on the TV? I am putting this in my basement and would like the option to have local channels run to it.
Yes it does have a tuner and can receive over the air broadcasts you can even hook up your old VCR to it. eek.gif
post #17 of 21 Old 09-04-2013, 06:48 AM

Scott - Just curious, how did the TV do watching Alabama football? Still impressed? Also, do you use the any of the internet apps? No one seems to have commented on them yet. Thanks!
post #18 of 21 Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviascott View Post

I can't speak to the comparison with the Panasonic, however, I'm a proud new owner of the Vizio M701d and I can tell you that I'm blown away by the performance of the TV.

Thank you for your comments vestaviascott! I'm seriously considering this set, and I have a question I hope you can answer: How reflective is the screen? This always drives me nuts, when they have a glassy finish and reflections end up spoiling the image quality. I've seen this set at Costco and in you pictures, but what does it look like when it's off? Glossy, semi-glossy, or matte?
post #19 of 21 Old 11-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Any updates from people who have owned the Vizio M701D-A3 for a while? Currently considering replacing my 55" LG 55LH40 I've had for 4 years with something larger so when I have black bars on the top/bottom, I still have a sizable (but good) picture to watch. I had a lower end 42" LCD vizio in the bedroom for a while, but gave it to my father in law as an upgrade to his 27" CRT since we rarely used it. Picture quality didn't compare with the LG nor did the features, but it was a $500 tv that I bought a few months after spending $1600 on the LG. Kind of an impulse buy that I thought we'd use more...
post #20 of 21 Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 PM

Im also looking at these two TVs.  Now that they have been out for most of the year does anyone have strong opinions one way or the other.  People seem to be a big fans of the Vizio, but I also hear good things about Sharp's quality.

Much appreciated.

Decisions, decisions!

post #21 of 21 Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraQ View Post

Thank you for your comments vestaviascott! I'm seriously considering this set, and I have a question I hope you can answer: How reflective is the screen? This always drives me nuts, when they have a glassy finish and reflections end up spoiling the image quality. I've seen this set at Costco and in you pictures, but what does it look like when it's off? Glossy, semi-glossy, or matte?

I'd say between semi-glossy and matte. More reflection than our old LG which was really matte, but not a mirror by any means. More along the lines of a cell phone with a matte screen protector is the best I can describe it (have bought many protectors for my galaxy S3).

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and the only thing my wife and I wish, was that we had more time to sit in front of the thing. After setting it up and turning it on, she half kiddingly said "I may quit my job and make sure this TV never shuts off." Jury's out on the job status, but we love the TV. Great PQ, good blacks and for some reason, my yamaha receiver now works with my comcast DVR's by keeping the HD output settings at where I set them, so less cords!

The remote does suck, but we use logitech harmony 700's and if you make sure to point it generally at the TV while powering up, there are no issues. I don't know why they didn't just put the pickup in the little vizio tag on the lower right vs somewhere in the bezel on the far left. If I had brass balls, I'd take it apart and reroute it... but I do not.

So far, we only use netflix on the TV which does just as good a job as our PS3 or our sony BR player. We tried watching a little bit of 3d, but it made us both nauseous. I bought it for the real estate, not the gimicks anyway. For those wondering, 70 is way bigger than 55, especially once it's in your living room. Also, the box fit perfectly laying down in the back of a buddies yukon with the far rear seats out and middle seats folded forward. Also made the 1.5 hour 60 mile trip home on bumpy roads in a snow storm without issue as well.

I've started playing around with the DLNA capabilities, but it doesn't like many formats off a media server direct. I've found that xvid avi's with 5/6 channel ac3 audio or 2 channel mp3 works easily with windows media player 12 as the server. Pretty much any other format requires transcoding and honestly, I didn't find a good format that ended up looking good, so I stuck with the xvid avi's and get near upscaled dvd quality with an average of 2.5G files with my ripped dvd's. Have yet to rip a blue-ray... bidding on a blue ray drive now on ebay.

In samsclub, I stood for the better part of 2 hours and compared the sanyo LC-70C7500U, sony KDL70R550A, vizio M701d and samsung UN75F6300. This is what they had on display lined up side by side all being piped the same signal. The sanyo was a distant last (very similar to the vizio E701I), the sony a relatively close 2nd to the vizio but not as clear of a picture with the vizio and samsung being neck and neck for PQ. I would have liked to see the sanyo LC-70LE755U, but the active 3d would have dissuaded me from it anyway.

Really looking forward to my 2 weeks off over Christmas/new years weeks. My blue ray player is going to get a workout!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 70le857u 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Tv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 70le857u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page