Vizio E-601i-A3 Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've owned a set for a few months and am just noticing a major problem. I am starting to see thin vertical green lines throughout the entire screen, evenly spaced and across every input. They disappear after 30 - 60 minutes of the set being on, which leads me to believe there is some sort of bad connection inside the tv and the heat of the set being on repairs it temporarily (?). I purchased the set from Costco when they first came into stock (at least near me) and I also bought the extended warranty, though I am not sure how they work since it seems to be through a 3rd party.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea on what the problem would be and how to fix it?

If it helps I am an avid gamer and the set gets moderate to heavy use. I stay on normal default settings with game mode on, though when I play some games I turn off the ambient light sensor and turn it back on when I go to bed because of how bright the set can get. Would this fluctuation of bright and dim damage the set? Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Please help!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #4 of 10 Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 PM

I just got the same issue. Serial Number in the Vizio Service Bulletin Range.

While watching a feed on HDMI started getting evenly spaced vertical green lines across the entire screen.

Are you still having the issue? What was the resolution with Vizio?
post #5 of 10 Old 08-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
First off, a "Few Months", are you still within the first 90 days? If so return it & repurchase. I'll assume you bought the extended through Costco which would be Square Trade, if so you can transfer the warranty to the new set. If no to all the above, you can call Vizio & if not easily repairable they will swap out with a new TV but the warranty will still start when you initially bought the original TV, which is why re-buying is preferable if within the 90 day Costco return window. Either way don't keep it, the issue will probably get worse, not better.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post

First off, a "Few Months", are you still within the first 90 days? If so return it & repurchase. I'll assume you bought the extended through Costco which would be Square Trade, if so you can transfer the warranty to the new set. If no to all the above, you can call Vizio & if not easily repairable they will swap out with a new TV but the warranty will still start when you initially bought the original TV, which is why re-buying is preferable if within the 90 day Costco return window. Either way don't keep it, the issue will probably get worse, not better.

I'm definitely past 90 days, and you are right in assuming I bought the extended warranty. I will be contacting Vizio very soon, the issue is getting worse. My worst fear if that I will have to ship the entire set to Vizio for repair, which I don't want to do because I feel damage to set will be likely during the shipping process. Does Vizio send out technicians to assess damaged on large TV's? When my Dad bought his Samsung through Costco he ran into problems with it, a technician came out to our house, looked at it and decided it needed to be replaced and he got a new set within a week. I am not sure if that technician was sent from Costco or Samsung however.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Your issue sounds severe, definitely something that's not going to clear up on it's own. They may send out a technician to replace the video processor board at your house. If they need to ship back, they will do it at their cost / risk. I have an E701i-A3 that developed bright white pixels on a "less bright" white screen shot as in hockey, otherwise the picture was perfect but they had me try a few things while I was on the phone, had me send pictures of the problem, then determined it needed to be replaced and within about a week, they shipped a new tv. The delivery service was great. they brought the new one in, helped me get the old one off the wall & mounted the new tv, turned it on & verified all was good. It was a new (2week old) tv, not a refurb & took the old one.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post

Your issue sounds severe, definitely something that's not going to clear up on it's own. They may send out a technician to replace the video processor board at your house. If they need to ship back, they will do it at their cost / risk. I have an E701i-A3 that developed bright white pixels on a "less bright" white screen shot as in hockey, otherwise the picture was perfect but they had me try a few things while I was on the phone, had me send pictures of the problem, then determined it needed to be replaced and within about a week, they shipped a new tv. The delivery service was great. they brought the new one in, helped me get the old one off the wall & mounted the new tv, turned it on & verified all was good. It was a new (2week old) tv, not a refurb & took the old one.

Thank you for the post, looks like ill get on the phone ASAP. Were you within the 90 day warranty period?
post #9 of 10 Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

No I was about 5 months since buying
post #10 of 10 Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ok perfect, thank you so much for your help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E601i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page