Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1157 Old 11-28-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

What's new in its YouTube app? The old one is horrible slow and buggy. Does it let you clear watch (not search) history? frown.gif

It's quick and you can shoot videos from your iphone to it without it hanging.
Ah cool. What about clearing watch history? Does it exist?
phildaant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1157 Old 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I don't think but go here to ask that question. These are the guys that designed the Youtube app for our tv and can add those features:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/8vO5R4aD2gw/bZp8IZCD18kJ
phildaant likes this.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
post #633 of 1157 Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

I don't think but go here to ask that question. These are the guys that designed the Youtube app for our tv and can add those features:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/8vO5R4aD2gw/bZp8IZCD18kJ
Ah thanks.
phildaant is offline  
post #634 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Member
 
scottvf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Live chatted to vizio and uploaded pictures. Then Called them and they are going to send me another new tv.
Hopefully the 3rd one's the charm.
scottvf is offline  
post #635 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Newbie
 
maxbears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any one know of any good sales on this tv at the time. Cotsco has it for 3699.
maxbears is offline  
post #636 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Member
 
tgseaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Costco had it for $3299 a month or so ago,was hoping it would go down from there, no such luck:mad:
tgseaver is offline  
post #637 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgseaver View Post

Costco had it for $3299 a month or so ago,was hoping it would go down from there, no such luck:mad:
Get a time machine and go back in time. [grin]
phildaant is offline  
post #638 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Member
 
tracebusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbears View Post

Any one know of any good sales on this tv at the time. Cotsco has it for 3699.

I was able to get Amazon to price match Costco. Then my Amazon Prime membership knocked off another $100.

THEN I read this thread (I think somewhere towards the end of this thread - maybe the last 5 pages or so) and someone mentioned they got Amazon to honor the $500 Prime discount offered earlier this month. So I called Amazon again and mentioned that Prime members got $500 off, and the worker was able to honor it for me! So all in all I got the Costco price matched and the $500 Prime discount.

The TV should be delivered late next week!
tracebusta is offline  
post #639 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Newbie
 
CVail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracebusta View Post


I was able to get Amazon to price match Costco. Then my Amazon Prime membership knocked off another $100.

THEN I read this thread (I think somewhere towards the end of this thread - maybe the last 5 pages or so) and someone mentioned they got Amazon to honor the $500 Prime discount offered earlier this month. So I called Amazon again and mentioned that Prime members got $500 off, and the worker was able to honor it for me! So all in all I got the Costco price matched and the $500 Prime discount.

The TV should be delivered late next week!

 

Does that mean you got it for $3,199??

CVail is offline  
post #640 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Member
 
tracebusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVail View Post

Does that mean you got it for $3,199??

Yes, in fact that was roughly my price after tax. I believe the employee made a mistake and took off $500 after the Costco price match AND the original $100 Prime discount from my first invoice! This was ordered yesterday on Black Friday, FWIW. I must say that Amazon's customer service is at the top tier right next to Apple.
tracebusta is offline  
post #641 of 1157 Old 11-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Member
 
tracebusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post

Ok. So the Enhanced Delivery is free? I was wondering if I had to pay more to get that since there is no mention of it anywhere in my order, just "Delivery".

I got it at $3,298. I emailed them and told them this was the price until a couple of days ago for Prime members and they agreed to refund $500.

Just wanted to thank you for the info about the prime discount. I was able to get it honored yesterday!
tracebusta is offline  
post #642 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Member
 
StevesC5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Calinfornia
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I tried to get Amazon to honor the deal last night and got this canned response below;

Hello Steve,

I understand your concern regarding the price match towards the "VIZIO M801d-A3 80-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV"

I'm unable to approve your claim because the price is a time limited offer. Time-limited sales events such as Black Friday / Gold Box / Lightening Deals / early bird or door buster offers / offers advertised as limited in time or quantity / clearance / liquidation and going-out-of business sales / loyalty program offers / special promotions such as rebates are ineligible for the Guarantee.

Please see the following links for more information about our TV Low Price Guarantee:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200726210

However, If you place an order and see that the item is listed at a lower price on our low price guarantee eligible websites, you're welcome to submit a new TV Low Price Guarantee claim as long as you do so within 14 days from the shipping date of your TV.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in these regards.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.


Best regards,
Khan


I was really hoping I could get that price. With Tax and everything the total is just out of my reach!
StevesC5 is offline  
post #643 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Newbie
 
maxbears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep same here. Really hoping to get this one for under 3400 including taxes and 5 year warranty.
maxbears is offline  
post #644 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Has anyone tried using online YouTube videos to pick 3D stuff? It seems like some do work with Vizio's HDTV and 3D glasses with split (crosseyes and parallel).
phildaant is offline  
post #645 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

Has anyone tried using online YouTube videos to pick 3D stuff? It seems like some do work with Vizio's HDTV and 3D glasses with split (crosseyes and parallel).

Yep. The Extreme 3d where the kid has the machete is awesome! Search for extreme 3d. It will come out and touch your forehead

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
post #646 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

Has anyone tried using online YouTube videos to pick 3D stuff? It seems like some do work with Vizio's HDTV and 3D glasses with split (crosseyes and parallel).

Yep. The Extreme 3d where the kid has the machete is awesome! Search for extreme 3d. It will come out and touch your forehead
URL please? I didn't see it in my search results.
phildaant is offline  
post #647 of 1157 Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

URL please? I didn't see it in my search results.

http://youtu.be/FSGfN9rr78Q
phildaant likes this.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
post #648 of 1157 Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Newbie
 
DubbsFaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Steve,

Maybe a bit of good news for you and I.  I also just bought the m80 from Amazon, and got denied on the 500 off deal they had a couple weeks ago.  I didnt expect to get it, but the rep told me that their 14 day policy from the ship date is actually a 30 day for Prime customers, so if the day after Xmas, or all the way to the 3rd of January for me, if someone comes out with a doorbuster price, or Amazon sells it for the 500.00 off again, we will get our discount afterall.

 

My 65" Panasonic just finally blew up, and good riddance as it buzzed so bad I couldnt stand the damn thing anymore, and my BenQ crapped out in my theatre room the week before that, so its been an expensive, yet necessary electronic costly month for me.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevesC5 View Post

Well I tried to get Amazon to honor the deal last night and got this canned response below;

Hello Steve,

I understand your concern regarding the price match towards the "VIZIO M801d-A3 80-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV"

I'm unable to approve your claim because the price is a time limited offer. Time-limited sales events such as Black Friday / Gold Box / Lightening Deals / early bird or door buster offers / offers advertised as limited in time or quantity / clearance / liquidation and going-out-of business sales / loyalty program offers / special promotions such as rebates are ineligible for the Guarantee.

Please see the following links for more information about our TV Low Price Guarantee:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200726210

However, If you place an order and see that the item is listed at a lower price on our low price guarantee eligible websites, you're welcome to submit a new TV Low Price Guarantee claim as long as you do so within 14 days from the shipping date of your TV.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in these regards.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.


Best regards,
Khan


I was really hoping I could get that price. With Tax and everything the total is just out of my reach!
DubbsFaris is offline  
post #649 of 1157 Old 12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1503585/official-vizio-streaming-thread-mkvs-mp4s-etc
phildaant likes this.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
post #650 of 1157 Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Newbie
 
Tatung70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know what the remote code is for 3rd party remotes to control this tv? Thanks
Tatung70 is offline  
post #651 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Member
 
josephpearson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesC5 View Post

How about a picture of that stand with the vizio 80 tv on top?

Sorry it took a while. Clicking on the image will give a much larger view.

josephpearson is offline  
post #652 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by labboypro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

My parents just got this huge HDTV, but how do we skip the setup process for Internet? We don't want that part. There's no skip option? We just want it for TV and movies!

The manual doesn't explicitly say how to (or if you can) skip this step. However, there is a "manual" setup for defining IP info. Try plugging in valid "bogus" IP addresses... 127.0.0.1 (which just means "self"), or 192.168.0.1, or 10.0.0.1 (each of which are valid non-routable IP addresses). Or...
FYI from the bottom of http://store.vizio.com/m801da3.html web page -- "High-speed/Broadband Internet service and access equipment are required and not provided by VIZIO..." It sounds like there was no way to skip its Internet part. frown.gif
phildaant is offline  
post #653 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
That's bogus! I'd call Vizio. You should be able to use a tv without having access to the internet. Just set the default to a null address as someone suggested. If you can't.......
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #654 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

That's bogus! I'd call Vizio. You should be able to use a tv without having access to the internet. Just set the default to a null address as someone suggested. If you can't.......
I didn't see a way during the setup wizard unless overlooked. Had to connect to the network. :/
phildaant is offline  
post #655 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I never use setup Wizards. They usually setup the way the mfr wants you to setup and install other apps that aren't really necessary, at least on computers. With SmartTV's, who the hell knows what they do. I don't have a SmartTV because I don't need one, but if you can't bypass the Wizard to setup your tv manually, I'd look at another tv.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #656 of 1157 Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Ikari Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does this set suffer from the same issues as my Vizio M650SV...namely blacks that are often blue-tinged and a blue smearing effect during motion? An example of the smearing I'm talking about can be seen here:

http://youtu.be/MeT2sd51v8U

It seems to occur on almost all dark objects when the move across the screen, especially if moving in front of a light background...I'm constantly picking up faint blue streaks all over the image. I still like the set and am considering the 80" but am hoping the issue does not appear on the larger set...as it doesn't appear on my Vizio E series 47" 3d LCD set.
No retailers around here have the set on display so thanks for any info you can provide!

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
Ikari Warrior is offline  
post #657 of 1157 Old 12-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Newbie
 
Jeffrey Allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am very happy with this tv still. The picture is much better then the sharp 80" I had to return.  Turn off all effects & keep it on calibrated dark looks best for me.

Jeffrey Allen is offline  
post #658 of 1157 Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Allen View Post

I am very happy with this tv still. The picture is much better then the sharp 80" I had to return.  Turn off all effects & keep it on calibrated dark looks best for me.

I love mine. What sharp did you have?

I also run calibrated dark with backlight up a bit

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
post #659 of 1157 Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Newbie
 
Jeffrey Allen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Sharp LC-80LE757 80-inch Aquos Quattron . I had 8 pixels dead in it & the picture was grainy 

Jeffrey Allen is offline  
post #660 of 1157 Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Jasonn B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Ah, ok. That's sharps latest 80" model right?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

 

Jasonn B is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off