First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 09:32 PM 04-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by labboypro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

Hello.

Does anyone know how much power this HDTV use when on and off?

Thank you in advance. smile.gif

Page 71 of your manual... 106.4 watts on, < 1 watt off.
Thanks. Wow, almost like my mini-tower PC! Is that normal for this size HDTV?

thorpemark's Avatar thorpemark 07:00 AM 05-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvf View Post

I just starting having a problem with the tv. I got in on aug 26th and today I have a screen problem
There's black spot which looks like a smudge on the screen.

I have a very similar problem. Mine was a Costco purchase (around Labor Day last year) and I bought the warranty. I was wondering what you did to remedy this and any hurdles you may have encountered.
scottvf's Avatar scottvf 04:41 PM 05-02-2014
I called Vizio and they said it was the backlight that was defective. They sent me a new one and the delivery people they sent unmounted my old one and mounted the new one. (had it wall mounted) Was very happy with their service. In fact there was a problem with the new replacement tv they sent me (was very pixelly) and they sent me a second new replacement, which was fine. Customer service was A+ The only hard part was you have to take a picture of it and email it to them. They'll send you an email with a link to upload the pictures. Just call tech support.
scottvf's Avatar scottvf 04:58 PM 05-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

I have a Harmony and I am 110% satisfied with this set.

I have the harmony & the urc wr7 and perfer the urc
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KC08A4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1399071339&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40
labboypro's Avatar labboypro 02:05 PM 05-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpemark View Post

I have a very similar problem. Mine was a Costco purchase (around Labor Day last year) and I bought the warranty. I was wondering what you did to remedy this and any hurdles you may have encountered.

Read back a few pages in this thread. I had the same problem. Resolution was anything but smooth, and likely wouldn't have happened at all without Costco Concierge assistance with the horrendous Vizio customer service. I have since sold the TV and will not likely buy another Vizio, though I will certainly consider future Costco purchases as a result of the experience.
thorpemark's Avatar thorpemark 02:19 PM 05-08-2014
Quote:

Read back a few pages in this thread. I had the same problem. Resolution was anything but smooth, and likely wouldn't have happened at all without Costco Concierge assistance with the horrendous Vizio customer service. I have since sold the TV and will not likely buy another Vizio, though I will certainly consider future Costco purchases as a result of the experience.

thanks.. I'll look back.
thorpemark's Avatar thorpemark 03:12 PM 05-08-2014
Quote:

For those of you who are having issues with the product and purchased from Costco, contact Costco Concierge at 866-861-0450. They have an inside line past the crappy front-line support at Vizio. Today, I called the Concierge Service to address a picture "stain" problem that has been thus far completely ignored by Vizio, and they put me in a 3-way call with Vizio Level 4 support... problem isn't resolved, but at least I'm talking to someone who seems like they're interested in addressing the problems.

For those interested, here's a pic I sent Vizio a few minutes ago. Note: I'm using a craptastic tablet camera (probably 1.3MPx). The picture significantly downplays the extent of the problem. And... this is in FULL sunlight. It gets an order of magnitude at night when there is no interference from the bank of windows on the left side of the room. It is on ALL sources (including no source at all), and doesn't move. It is a brownish hue, so tends to hide slightly in images on that side of the color wheel, but on the blue and red sides (or black and white) it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Hey labboypro.. quick question.. for your screenshots, it looks like one was a all-white background and the other was a garient of some sort.

Was that specified by vizio? is there some menu setting to use to take the photos? I have just taken a bunch while having every "feature" turned off and adjusting the backlight and brightness to various levels.. with a white background generated by a PC input and while viewing a freezeframe that showed blue sky (where my dark spot is most annoying). I want to get everything prepared so what when they say. send us pics.. I have them ready to go.

Thanks.
labboypro's Avatar labboypro 05:34 PM 05-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpemark View Post

Hey labboypro.. quick question.. for your screenshots, it looks like one was a all-white background and the other was a garient of some sort.

They were images from the AVS HD 709 disc. The problem was harder to capture by camera (though no less annoying in real life) with regular "TV" programming so I used the test patterns to make sure they saw what I was experiencing.
Tatung70's Avatar Tatung70 09:53 AM 05-11-2014
Since the 1.09 firmware update, my tv won't turn on with the remote sometimes. I have to unplug the tv, then plug it back it. Happens about once every 10 days or so. Anyone else see this?
labboypro's Avatar labboypro 11:07 AM 05-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatung70 View Post

Since the 1.09 firmware update, my tv won't turn on with the remote sometimes. I have to unplug the tv, then plug it back it. Happens about once every 10 days or so. Anyone else see this?

Yes, I saw this a couple of times. I had to unmount the TV from the wall both times to unplug since mine was in a custom in-wall enclosure. Vizio customer support's only "solution" was to unplug... sort of the, if-you-don't-know-how-to-fix-it-get-them-to-clear-their-browser-cache-and-reboot game.
sharifsm's Avatar sharifsm 08:35 AM 05-12-2014

So Costco has this TV for $3k.  Do you'll previous owners recommend getting it. Seems lot of you'll have been having issues with it. Please advise. I will be getting the extra warranty. But is the picture good. should I pull the trigger.

bigcat's Avatar bigcat 08:41 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifsm View Post

So Costco has this TV for $3k.  Do you'll previous owners recommend getting it. Seems lot of you'll have been having issues with it. Please advise. I will be getting the extra warranty. But is the picture good. should I pull the trigger.

get it, it's awesome
labboypro's Avatar labboypro 08:47 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

This thread should constitute our advice. We can't really tell you how to spend your money, only our experiences. Some in this thread have touted this as a great godsend to TV-dom. Others have expressed concern about specific issues (customer service, remote control, picture problems, etc.). You have to decide.
sharifsm's Avatar sharifsm 08:53 AM 05-12-2014

what a lame reply. you can't help than just shut up.

Alan P's Avatar Alan P 11:13 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

what a lame reply. you can't help than just shut up.

confused.gif

Seriously??

I thought you gave a great answer, labboypro. This guy is obviously an idiot/troll.
josephpearson's Avatar josephpearson 05:22 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Most owners seem to be very happy with the set as am I. There is no such thing as a perfect TV and your experience depends upon your tolerance for a particular flaw and whether you get a typical set or one with atypical issues. I think $3k is a bargain, but YMMV. You must also remember that people who are angry about their experience are more likely to post (studies suggest that they're about ten times as likely to do so than are the satisfied).
normarc's Avatar normarc 04:09 PM 05-13-2014

I think there is some confusion about 2013 and 2014 model features concerning the 80" Vizio HDTV.   From what I can tell, the M801d and the M801i are identical, with the latter a few hundred cheaper due to lack of 3D.   Both are the M series edge lit with local dimming.   The E series is the one that has full array backlight.

bigcat's Avatar bigcat 05:04 PM 05-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by normarc View Post

I think there is some confusion about 2013 and 2014 model features concerning the 80" Vizio HDTV.   From what I can tell, the M801d and the M801i are identical, with the latter a few hundred cheaper due to lack of 3D.   Both are the M series edge lit with local dimming.   The E series is the one that has full array backlight.

The 2014 M series is full array as well. No 3d.
rd7723's Avatar rd7723 09:16 PM 05-13-2014
If you had the proper setup for a front pj, would you 80 inch owners still pick the vizio from a pure picture quality standpoint? I have the epson 5030 but am thinking of returning it. thanks for any response.
btvid's Avatar btvid 11:09 PM 05-13-2014
Is there a way to turn off Smooth Motion in 3D mode? It's set at "medium" and greyed out.
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice 07:55 AM 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by btvid View Post

Is there a way to turn off Smooth Motion in 3D mode? It's set at "medium" and greyed out.

Turn it to Game Mode, but you lose some of the TV post processing in that mode.
normarc's Avatar normarc 09:15 AM 05-14-2014

Can you provide a link or any documentation about these "2014" models you refer to?   All I've seen is the apparently erroneous January Vizio announcement about the 80" M801i models having full LED array...  We know the existing M801i models are edge lit.   Why would they change it from edge lit to full array for the same model number???

bigcat's Avatar bigcat 11:05 AM 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by normarc View Post

Can you provide a link or any documentation about these "2014" models you refer to?   All I've seen is the apparently erroneous January Vizio announcement about the 80" M801i models having full LED array...  We know the existing M801i models are edge lit.   Why would they change it from edge lit to full array for the same model number???

You have wrong info. "i" is the 2014 full array. "d" is the 2013 edge lit.
http://store.vizio.com/news/vizio-announces-2014-e-series-and-m-series-hdtv-collections
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice 12:00 PM 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post

http://store.vizio.com/news/vizio-announces-2014-e-series-and-m-series-hdtv-collections

Actually you have the wrong info the "i" and "d" refer to 2D = "i" or 3D = "d" sets.

http://store.vizio.com/mseries/m801ia3.html VS http://store.vizio.com/mseries/m801da3.html

bigcat's Avatar bigcat 12:28 PM 05-14-2014
Yeah the full arrays have no 3d, these are the 2014 "i" models I mentioned. Not sure where I was incorrect.
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice 12:54 PM 05-14-2014
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah the full arrays have no 3d, these are the 2014 "i" models I mentioned. Not sure where I was incorrect.

Cause "i" does not mean full array as the M801i shown above is an edge lit set. So that would make you incorrect, correct?.?.?.

More than likely the letter following the "i" will designate the year series as "A" = 2013 and "B" = 2014.

UPDATE "A" and "B" do not refer to 2013 and 2014.
normarc's Avatar normarc 05:37 PM 05-14-2014

That is the January release by Vizio that I was referring to...  It appears to me to be misleading to say the least...  

I prefer to read technical information from some documentation other than a press release by a marketing department...

waltaz's Avatar waltaz 07:16 PM 05-14-2014
I don't understand why this continues to be so confusing and unclear. Based on my research, the "new" 2014 i-series panels are exactly the same as the 2013 D-series (meaning edge-lit), except that they are 2D rather than 3D. They are NOT full-array local dimming (FALD). There is supposedly a FALD panel due sometime later in 2014, but it's not out yet.

Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice 07:26 PM 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

I don't understand why this continues to be so confusing and unclear. Based on my research, the "new" 2014 i-series panels are exactly the same as the 2013 D-series (meaning edge-lit), except that they are 2D rather than 3D. They are NOT full-array local dimming (FALD). There is supposedly a FALD panel due sometime later in 2014, but it's not out yet.

Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are indeed correct.
btvid's Avatar btvid 07:44 PM 05-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

Turn it to Game Mode, but you lose some of the TV post processing in that mode.

I have it in game mode and it still shows medium and won't let me change it. Does smooth motion not have any effect in game mode? I played with it in 2D mode and I don't notice any SOE in game mode regardless of the settings unlike in the calibrated modes. I don't have a lot of 3D content to test with so I can't confirm it works the same way in 3D.

BTW thanks for posting your cal settings earlier in the thread.
Tags: Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop