Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread

LCD Flat Panel Displays

PDDUFRENE's Avatar PDDUFRENE
07:12 PM Liked: 32
post #91 of 1845
08-13-2013 | Posts: 252
Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NizZ8 View Post

Found the right thread! Placed my order a couple of days ago and should be getting my set in early next week, can't wait!
Congrats! I'm hoping to be in the same boat soon, I'm looking forward to your take on this set.
tgseaver's Avatar tgseaver
04:04 AM Liked: 10
post #92 of 1845
08-14-2013 | Posts: 54
Joined: Oct 2009
Hi all, This is the set I want!!! I also want to keep my wife!!! LOL. That being said what is your best guess as to where the price will be around thanksgiving? and for that matter availability? Should I bite the bullet and buy now? I now have a Panasonic 60,so I could wait. What was the original price and when did it first hit Costco? Thanks for your replies in advance.
RockmanX's Avatar RockmanX
08:52 AM Liked: 37
post #93 of 1845
08-14-2013 | Posts: 457
Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

So at this point in time it would be more practical to go with a large 1080p tv over the 4k especially since I will be seated 11' from the screen and no closer. And the fact that the 4k units are ridiculously priced for what they are capable of at this point. Correct?



Correct don't waste the extra income for the 4k set but I would suggest to you to really take a look at edge lit vs full array sets I know this is the vizio thread but you could end up with a set with some issues you can't live down ill leave it there just get something 80 and up then calibrate mad enjoy
RockmanX's Avatar RockmanX
08:57 AM Liked: 37
post #94 of 1845
08-14-2013 | Posts: 457
Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgseaver View Post

Hi all, This is the set I want!!! I also want to keep my wife!!! LOL. That being said what is your best guess as to where the price will be around thanksgiving? and for that matter availability? Should I bite the bullet and buy now? I now have a Panasonic 60,so I could wait. What was the original price and when did it first hit Costco? Thanks for your replies in advance.


It came out launch day was 4k Costco had 200 rebate so its like what 3700 now I don't see it getting cheaper then 3300 unless you get a steal deal the sharp 80 are still in that range unless you get hook up price. This tv is fairly new I'm sure for blk Friday it will drop some for that day but not like the smaller models will
skond's Avatar skond
07:59 AM Liked: 11
post #95 of 1845
08-16-2013 | Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 2011
From today Costco has $400 off. I feel that is lowest price so far.
NizZ8's Avatar NizZ8
02:38 PM Liked: 23
post #96 of 1845
08-16-2013 | Posts: 752
Joined: May 2003
thanks for the heads up.. need to call up costco and see if they can give me some money back! smile.gif
eaadams's Avatar eaadams
03:44 PM Liked: 11
post #97 of 1845
08-16-2013 | Posts: 1,421
Joined: Apr 2000
How does this set do for input lag?
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
09:47 AM Liked: 144
post #98 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 700
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaadams View Post

How does this set do for input lag?

Less than 38ms with game mode on.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant
12:14 PM Liked: 133
post #99 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 2,992
Joined: Nov 2005
According to http://www.avsforum.com/t/1486542/vizio-m801d-a3-prices , Sam's Club has it for #3500 with its free shipping too.
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
12:59 PM Liked: 144
post #100 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 700
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

According to http://www.avsforum.com/t/1486542/vizio-m801d-a3-prices , Samsung has it for #3500 with its free shipping too.

Samsung or SAMs club?
phildaant's Avatar phildaant
01:01 PM Liked: 133
post #101 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 2,992
Joined: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

According to http://www.avsforum.com/t/1486542/vizio-m801d-a3-prices , Samsung has it for #3500 with its free shipping too.

Samsung or SAMs club?
Damn brain. Sam's Club. Haha. Competitor to Costco. wink.gif Why would Samsung sell a Vizio brand? Thanks. wink.gif
indept's Avatar indept
02:29 PM Liked: 62
post #102 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 730
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post

Why would Samsung sell a Vizio brand? Thanks. wink.gif

Because Vizio is really better than Samsung, just don't tell the Samsung owners, what they don't know won't hurt them... biggrin.gif
nowknown's Avatar nowknown
05:01 PM Liked: 58
post #103 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 907
Joined: Nov 1999
So, I was gonna go to Costco for a price adjustment/guarantee since the Vizio 80" dropped a couple hundred, and I thought I'd check HH Greg in my area for my original choice - the closed out/clearence Sharp 90". Turns out there was an open box available for around 5k plus tax. So, bye bye 80 - hello 90. Anyone else interested - check HH in your area.
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
06:09 PM Liked: 144
post #104 of 1845
08-19-2013 | Posts: 700
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post

So, I was gonna go to Costco for a price adjustment/guarantee since the Vizio 80" dropped a couple hundred, and I thought I'd check HH Greg in my area for my original choice - the closed out/clearence Sharp 90". Turns out there was an open box available for around 5k plus tax. So, bye bye 80 - hello 90. Anyone else interested - check HH in your area.

Thanks good find, but I need my passive 3D lol
indept's Avatar indept
07:52 AM Liked: 62
post #105 of 1845
08-20-2013 | Posts: 730
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post

So, I was gonna go to Costco for a price adjustment/guarantee since the Vizio 80" dropped a couple hundred, and I thought I'd check HH Greg in my area for my original choice - the closed out/clearence Sharp 90". Turns out there was an open box available for around 5k plus tax. So, bye bye 80 - hello 90. Anyone else interested - check HH in your area.

WOW. 1600 more for an extra 10 inches, even male prostitutes are saying that's a little much biggrin.gif
maziwanka's Avatar maziwanka
04:47 PM Liked: 10
post #106 of 1845
08-20-2013 | Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 2006
what wall mounts have people been using with these tvs? if not mounted, what media consoles have you used? thanks!
scottvf's Avatar scottvf
10:00 PM Liked: 13
post #107 of 1845
08-20-2013 | Posts: 44
Joined: Oct 2010
I'm getting the Visio M801D-A3 on Monday and going to use the Level Mount DC65DMC for wall mounting (full motion). It's only 199.00 at walmart or home depot. It holds up to 85" TV and 200lbs. They have a motorized one with remote from wayfair for only $260 but I wouldn't get it because if the motor ever goes out your out of luck for moving it.
PDDUFRENE's Avatar PDDUFRENE
12:41 AM Liked: 32
post #108 of 1845
08-21-2013 | Posts: 252
Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvf View Post

I'm getting the Visio M801D-A3 on Monday and going to use the Level Mount DC65DMC for wall mounting (full motion). It's only 199.00 at walmart or home depot. It holds up to 85" TV and 200lbs. They have a motorized one with remote from wayfair for only $260 but I wouldn't get it because if the motor ever goes out your out of luck for moving it.
Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this tv. I've been eyeballing them since they came out and hope to possibly get one soon myself
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
11:11 AM Liked: 144
post #109 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 700
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziwanka View Post

what wall mounts have people been using with these tvs? if not mounted, what media consoles have you used? thanks!

M6 400x400 wall mounts will work for this set, just make sure it can take the weight 120 lbs to be safe.
bodine1231's Avatar bodine1231
12:12 PM Liked: 10
post #110 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 19
Joined: Jan 2007
I posted this in the other M-series thread without seeing this one but I'll ask here too anyways.

Is the 80" worth the $1500+ price difference over the 70"? I'm going back and forth between the two. If I bought the 80" I'd have to wait a few months to upgrade my sound. None of the shops in my area have them so I can't compare the size in person.
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
01:31 PM Liked: 144
post #111 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 700
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodine1231 View Post

I posted this in the other M-series thread without seeing this one but I'll ask here too anyways.

Is the 80" worth the $1500+ price difference over the 70"? I'm going back and forth between the two. If I bought the 80" I'd have to wait a few months to upgrade my sound. None of the shops in my area have them so I can't compare the size in person.

Look for this set on sale then ask yourself that question with the new price in hand... I was willing to pay the $1500 premium but even better I got $400 off the price.
ARogan's Avatar ARogan
02:20 PM Liked: 15
post #112 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 196
Joined: Dec 2005
Just a heads up. Apparently they only price adjust for 30 days even though the return policy is for 90 days which I thought was kind of odd (just got off the phone with them).

So back on 6/20 I ordered at $3899
I did price adjust once down to $3699

But apparently it's been too long for me to adjust down to the current $3499 price. Oh well.
ARogan's Avatar ARogan
05:43 PM Liked: 15
post #113 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 196
Joined: Dec 2005
Update: for kicks I emailed Costco and within hours I got a reply saying they would be happy to credit the difference. Woooo!
scottvf's Avatar scottvf
09:52 PM Liked: 13
post #114 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 44
Joined: Oct 2010
I ordered it from Amazon which matched sams club price of $3698 then when sams lowered the price to $3498, I called Amazon and they matched it and changed the price to $3498 after I ordered it. So with the $100 off for being a prime member and 328.37 gift card balance, I only paid $3,069.63 for the tv. A hard price to pass up.

Item(s) Subtotal: $3,498.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Prime Savings: -$100.00
Total before tax: $3,398.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: -$328.37
Total for This Shipment: $3,069.63
Devin Reeder's Avatar Devin Reeder
11:25 PM Liked: 12
post #115 of 1845
08-23-2013 | Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziwanka View Post

what wall mounts have people been using with these tvs? if not mounted, what media consoles have you used? thanks!

For my M801, I wanted a mount that would span 32" (3 16"-on-center studs). I found a great one in the Sanus Visionmount, Model VMPL3b. It's rated for 27" - 90", tilting or low-profile. As of today, it's available from Amazon for $143.99 with free 2-day shipping if you're a Prime member. It is stout! 6 lag bolts in 3 studs. It's not going anywhere, and for a TV this large, that gives me peace of mind.

Also, it was really easy to level when I mounted it. I drilled and drove the top-center screw and then just set my level on top. I used the tilting mounts on the back of the TV, but I set them so that the TV's completely vertical, because it gives you a couple of inches to squeeze in behind in case you have to plug or unplug any cables. Just an excellent product, in my opinion.
maziwanka's Avatar maziwanka
09:34 AM Liked: 10
post #116 of 1845
08-24-2013 | Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 2006
Thanks for all the responses regarding mounts guys.
Jasonn B's Avatar Jasonn B
11:35 PM Liked: 55
post #117 of 1845
08-24-2013 | Posts: 490
Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Reeder View Post

For my M801, I wanted a mount that would span 32" (3 16"-on-center studs). I found a great one in the Sanus Visionmount, Model VMPL3b. It's rated for 27" - 90", tilting or low-profile. As of today, it's available from Amazon for $143.99 with free 2-day shipping if you're a Prime member. It is stout! 6 lag bolts in 3 studs. It's not going anywhere, and for a TV this large, that gives me peace of mind.

Also, it was really easy to level when I mounted it. I drilled and drove the top-center screw and then just set my level on top. I used the tilting mounts on the back of the TV, but I set them so that the TV's completely vertical, because it gives you a couple of inches to squeeze in behind in case you have to plug or unplug any cables. Just an excellent product, in my opinion.

Did you go with the tilting mount?
Jasonn B's Avatar Jasonn B
11:41 PM Liked: 55
post #118 of 1845
08-24-2013 | Posts: 490
Joined: Mar 2007
I was at finally able to the this thing in person and got some good pics for you guys, since I still haven't seen any real world photos. Click to see higher res versions:













Now all I have to do is decide this one or the sharp 844u smile.gif
rorischak's Avatar rorischak
10:06 AM Liked: 10
post #119 of 1845
08-26-2013 | Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
Ok guys,

I have a question...

I am having issues with the ARC (Audio Return Channel)

Here is my setup.
Comcast Cable box to my new Sony 840DN Receiver using 7.1 Klipsch Reference speakers

my receiver has the following connected to it blue ray, Roku, Apple TV

Output of my reciver to my TV is ARC capable to HDMI 1 on the Vizio tv. use HDMI only (no optical cable as that should not be needed with ARC)

My problem is here...
WHen i am playing Netflix from my Roku or Apple TV it goes through my home theater no problem... great sound coming from all my speakers, i can watch TV no problem through all my speakers. Now when i use the Widget on the Visio for Netflix or Amazon Video it only comes out of the TV and not through my home theater. So i am getting 2 audio sources (one from the netflix widget on the tv coming out those speakers the other from the cable box and whatever is happening on whatever channel i was on prior to using my TV's widget)

I spoke to a person at Vizio (not very smart and really had no idea what ARC even stood for) said that i could not do it with the widgets only the direct source from the cable box. I told him what is the difference??? I was clear that the TV should out put a signal to my AV reciever.

I even tried turing my cable box off thinking that the HMDI could not do both. End result, i could not get it to work. I know the simple answer is to install an optical cable from my TV to my Reciever but i dont have that cable installed behind the tv and in the wall. It is goingto be a pain putting another wire behind there.

Any suggestions?
PDDUFRENE's Avatar PDDUFRENE
07:12 PM Liked: 32
post #120 of 1845
08-26-2013 | Posts: 252
Joined: Jun 2013
I also have a question for you 80" vizio owners. Do any of you experience any of the problems with your sets that are frequently complained about in some of the other M series threads? The pencil lines, light bleeding, flash lighting so on and so forth?
Tags: Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Gear in this thread - M801d by PriceGrabber.com
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3