post #1231 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Hi again!

I just noticed Direct-GE-VIZIOTV WAP on my 13" MacBook Pro. I assume this is from the 80" HDTV. Is anyone else seeing this too? If so, then what is it about? Is it acting like a WAP for network even though this HDTV is already connected to a wireless router?

Thank you in advance.

Mine says "DIRECT-WC-VIZIOTV". I can't figure how to turn it off. Anybody?

I attached a picture of my other Vizio TV which I have in wireless mode, while my M801D is in wired mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140724_195758[1].jpg (179.3 KB, 16 views)
phildaant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmpeters View Post
Mine says "DIRECT-WC-VIZIOTV". I can't figure how to turn it off. Anybody?

I attached a picture of my other Vizio TV which I have in wireless mode, while my M801D is in wired mode.
Finally, someone else notices it too. The one I saw was wirelessly connected to a router since it is far away.

Last edited by phildaant; 07-25-2014 at 07:24 AM.
post #1233 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 AM

Liked: 10
Bluetooth headphones with Vizio 80 M series

I have a Vizio 80" M series. Can't figure out how to pair Bluetooth headphones. Is there a menu setting I am missing?
Thanks
post #1234 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philharmonic View Post
I have a Vizio 80" M series. Can't figure out how to pair Bluetooth headphones. Is there a menu setting I am missing?
Thanks
Wow, I didn't even know that was a feature of the set. Sounds cool though.
post #1235 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 01:17 PM

Liked: 0
PlayNice, thanks for your settings, I really appreciate them.
However, I noticed that you did not post your advance settings, are they the same one from the previous one you posted?
post #1236 of 1247 Old 07-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragonzo View Post
PlayNice, thanks for your settings, I really appreciate them.
However, I noticed that you did not post your advance settings, are they the same one from the previous one you posted?
I didn't post them cause when you calibrate according to ISF you turn off all advanced video processing modes, that way you calibrate a clean signal. Those are the freshly calibrated settings without any processing. You can add the others at your discretion to improve your picture.

I just finished the ISF cert course and I am getting the Kline K10 meter soon and will re calibrate the TV. That meter is more accurate and the meter used by studios in Hollywood for calibration. I will post those settings shortly after it gets delivered.

The settings I have posted are ok but now with the added knowledge I can do better so I will keep you posted.
josephpearson and Ragonzo like this.
post #1237 of 1247 Old 07-26-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Post Direct-...-VIZIOTV SSID

I got two/2 e-mails from Vizio's technical support about it: "This is a network that your remote uses to be used through WiFi Direct instead of regular IR." and "... http://store.vizio.com/documents/dow...UM_M801dA3.pdf. Pages 44-47 show how to pair your devices to the remote..."

Has anyone used this feature yet?

Last edited by phildaant; 07-26-2014 at 02:05 PM.
post #1238 of 1247 Old 07-26-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

post #1239 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I got two/2 e-mails from Vizio's technical support about it: "This is a network that your remote uses to be used through WiFi Direct instead of regular IR." and "... http://store.vizio.com/documents/dow...UM_M801dA3.pdf. Pages 44-47 show how to pair your devices to the remote..."

Has anyone used this feature yet?
If you paired the remote to the tv then you are using it. My set up is such that I am glad the tv accepts both ir and the wifi signals. I also find the Vizio remote in paired mode works very well. My Harmony Ultimate remote needs to use IR to communicate to the tv. The Vizio remote does seem to eat through batteries though.

Also on a seperate note, the Rhapsody app is no longer supported by Vizio.
phildaant likes this.
post #1240 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
If you paired the remote to the tv then you are using it. My set up is such that I am glad the tv accepts both ir and the wifi signals. I also find the Vizio remote in paired mode works very well. My Harmony Ultimate remote needs to use IR to communicate to the tv. The Vizio remote does seem to eat through batteries though.

Also on a seperate note, the Rhapsody app is no longer supported by Vizio.
Huh? I thought this RC uses IR. Wait, is that why it was so crappy with the older firmwares? It uses wireless network now for better interactions? Vizio also told me you can't use anything else for wireless devices with this HDTV? So, can't use HDTV as an extended WAP?
post #1241 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Huh? I thought this RC uses IR. Wait, is that why it was so crappy with the older firmwares? It uses wireless network now for better interactions? Vizio also told me you can't use anything else for wireless devices with this HDTV? So, can't use HDTV as an extended WAP?
The remote and tv create their own wifi network much like some cameras do and the Parrot drone RC toy that's controlled by a smart phone does the same thing. It's separate from your home network and can not be used as a access point. I believe it had issues at first (the ver before 1.34) but seems to work perfectly for me since I first plugged in the tv.
phildaant likes this.
post #1242 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
The remote and tv create their own wifi network much like some cameras do and the Parrot drone RC toy that's controlled by a smart phone does the same thing. It's separate from your home network and can not be used as a access point. I believe it had issues at first (the ver before 1.34) but seems to work perfectly for me since I first plugged in the tv.
Interesting and thanks.
post #1243 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 142
If you had to do it all over again today would this still be your TV of choice?
phildaant likes this.
post #1244 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post
Yes, the only thing wrong with the set technically is the the red is out of spec (rec 709) but only by a little bit. For the Price and size it's a steal! Full CMS, 2 and 11 point grey scale plus gamma options. This budget set have a ton of pro calibration features!
post #1245 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Yes, the only thing wrong with the set technically is the the red is out of spec (rec 709) but only by a little bit. For the Price and size it's a steal! Full CMS, 2 and 11 point grey scale plus gamma options. This budget set have a ton of pro calibration features!
Thanks. Any actual PQ differences between this and the 2014 non 3d version? Has anybody experienced much of a problem with clouding or banding? Is there anybody here that has compered this set to the Sharp 80"? Sorry to ask such basic questions but my choosing decesion came upon me rather suddenly.
phildaant likes this.
post #1246 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post
I've had this set for about 45 days and will likely return it before the 90 day period is up. Main reasons:

1) Very frustrating lip-sync issue theta oddly didn't develop until I already owned it for several weeks. Keep in mind this is an issue even using the internal speakers, so it's not an AVR or sound bar sync problem, and it happens randomly across a variety of inputs, including the TV's own internal apps. So when the TV's own streaming apps using the TV's own speakers can't keep lip synced, that's a really annoying issue. It's possible they will fix it with a firmware update or that there is a consistent work-around (offsetting the audio doesn't work because the problem is intermittent so the off-set would just trade fixing the problem for causing it when it otherwise would have worked).

2) The remote is completely unstable. It frequently stops responding to any button until you do a battery pull.

Others have experienced both these issues leading me to believe mine is not a unique lemon. I have no idea why some people do and some don't have these issues.

3) I am picky. I really have the Soap Opera Effect and I feel like I have never quite gotten rid of it, even with motion processing off. And the color is just not quite right -- that may be fixable with a full calibration but I don't want to invest hundreds on it on the chance it helps given the above issues.

All that said, it's still a great value set. The UI is great, the CMS is nice. And it's less than $3K. Only the Sharp LE650 plays in the same value range and my big fear there is the panel lottery and so many people complain about being on second or third sets. Still, if I could only spend $3K I might take a second look at the Sharp given the issues above. Or, if I really couldn't spend more, I might be on the phone with customer service seeing if I could solve those issues…
post #1247 of 1247 Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Does this lip sync problem continue on with the non 3d 2014 model? Regarding the panel does anybody know what type panel Vizio is using here? IPS, S-PVA,or who the manufacture is? I suppose the same question could be asked about the Sharps.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page