Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Vizio has started taking Pre-orders for the P series! Too bad no 80" or 3D :-(

Is there going to be an M series for 2015?
post #1384 of 1402 Old 09-13-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODES View Post
Is there going to be an M series for 2015?
Nothing has been announced for 2015. The reason some people believed there would be a FALD M801i in 2014 was a mistake by Vizio marketing. They listed their 2014 M series in their CES announcement with an explanation that they would be FALD. However, the fact that the M801i was the only M series with a 1 in the third digit (all the others had a 2) was a giveaway that it is the only edge lit of the 2014 group. The FALD M801i was a unicorn. The edge lit M801i is basically the same as the 3D 2013 M801d without the 3D. Whether there will be a FALD 80 incher in 2015 is anybody's guess, but there has been no word. If you want an 80 inch 3D, better get one of the M801d's while you can.
post #1385 of 1402 Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I turned the TV on for the first time in a week today to watch some football. The new firmware was pushed through on my set as well. I recall the last update required a new calibration. Today I couldn't tell if the picture was still calibrated.
I hope this doesn't mean we have to get our TVs recalibrated every time there's a new firmware version pushed through.

Has anyone else noticed changes to their picture with the new firmware?
post #1386 of 1402 Old 09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracebusta View Post
I turned the TV on for the first time in a week today to watch some football. The new firmware was pushed through on my set as well. I recall the last update required a new calibration. Today I couldn't tell if the picture was still calibrated.
I hope this doesn't mean we have to get our TVs recalibrated every time there's a new firmware version pushed through.

It does not require a new calibration however you are treated to a whole new set of options for a true professional calibration.

11 point white balance
Full CMS
Blue only mode (as well as red and green)
And the ability to save and lock custom settings
phildaant and tracebusta like this.
post #1387 of 1402 Old 09-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
It does not require a new calibration however you are treated to a whole new set of options for a true professional calibration.

11 point white balance
Full CMS
Blue only mode (as well as red and green)
And the ability to save and lock custom settings
Ah ok, good to know. Thanks for the info PlayNice and for your helpful settings! They don't go unnoticed
phildaant likes this.
post #1388 of 1402 Old 09-14-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When I 1st bought this TV back in late May, I was a little concerned about the blurring that I saw when watching sports (at that time, it was the NBA playoffs).
After the 1st two weeks of the NFL season, I'm happy to say that my concerns were unfounded & I'm loving this TV.
Using PlayNice's settings & getting use to the sheer size of this TV have made it a very enjoyable experience.
post #1389 of 1402 Old 09-15-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Question

Weird. Today, HDTV's clock was off by an hour even thought it was still set to PDT. I wonder if this morning's 3/three hours power outage messed it up. I had to fiddle with the time settings, and then it came back correctly. Has anyone seen that happened before?
post #1390 of 1402 Old 09-16-2014, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
My 80" should be in on Friday. Had a question about stands. I see that one owner had the TV on the 83" Innovex Oxford Black TV Stand, does anyone have any knowledge if the 73" Innovex Oxford stand would support the 80" Vizio weight? I am guessing the 83" and 73" stands use the same thickness of glass, but didn't want to find out the hard way. Also, I could get some lumber to run long ways to strengthen it, but didn't want to go to that trouble if it is not needed. I have checked around for the weight limit, but no luck yet. Instruction manual has no info about it, nor innovex's website. The size of the TV footprint probably helps distribute the weight since it is a rectangle, but just looking for first hand XP.

Info says it will support many 82" screens, but the Vizio is pretty heavy at 135ish lbs.

Thanks for any insight.
post #1391 of 1402 Old 09-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Savage View Post
My 80" should be in on Friday. Had a question about stands. I see that one owner had the TV on the 83" Innovex Oxford Black TV Stand, does anyone have any knowledge if the 73" Innovex Oxford stand would support the 80" Vizio weight? I am guessing the 83" and 73" stands use the same thickness of glass, but didn't want to find out the hard way. Also, I could get some lumber to run long ways to strengthen it, but didn't want to go to that trouble if it is not needed. I have checked around for the weight limit, but no luck yet. Instruction manual has no info about it, nor innovex's website. The size of the TV footprint probably helps distribute the weight since it is a rectangle, but just looking for first hand XP.

Info says it will support many 82" screens, but the Vizio is pretty heavy at 135ish lbs.

Thanks for any insight.

why not get the 83 inch version and not mess around with wood and worry that it may crash.
post #1392 of 1402 Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Oops, should have made it clear. I already have the 73" stand from using it with a smaller tv and was hoping it would suffice with the Vizio. Thanks again for any opinions.

Last edited by Dr.Savage; 09-16-2014 at 10:23 PM.
post #1393 of 1402 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Here's contact information for Innovex: 3406 Pomona Blvd., Pomona, CA 91768
Tel (909) 895-8799 • Fax (909) 895-8798
TOLL FREE 1-888-INNO-617
post #1394 of 1402 Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Oops, should have made it clear. I already have the 73" stand from using it with a smaller tv and was hoping it would suffice with the Vizio. Thanks again for any opinions.

does this have any support in the middle?
post #1395 of 1402 Old Today, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What's with the quality with vizio's TV's?
This will be the 3rd TV I've had go bad. Now when I called Vizio they said it's no longer under warranty. I bought it in Aug 2013 had it replaced a couple months later then that TV replaced a couple months after that now This 3rd TV even thought this 3rd one is only about 5 months old it still goes under the original TV's purchase date.
Good thing I got a square trade warranty on it. The back light keeps failing on these TV's
I don't know if I should replace it with a different brand or what.
Anyone else having back light failure like me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	267738  
post #1396 of 1402 Old Today, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvf View Post
What's with the quality with vizio's TV's?
This will be the 3rd TV I've had go bad. Now when I called Vizio they said it's no longer under warranty. I bought it in Aug 2013 had it replaced a couple months later then that TV replaced a couple months after that now This 3rd TV even thought this 3rd one is only about 5 months old it still goes under the original TV's purchase date.
Good thing I got a square trade warranty on it. The back light keeps failing on these TV's
I don't know if I should replace it with a different brand or what.
Anyone else having back light failure like me?
That looks like a uniformity issue to me not a back light issue.

LCD sets are prone to uniformity issues (more so at lathers sizes), while some brands are better than others as with everything I do not think Vizio's panels are bad when it comes to this.

I noticed your backlight or brightness is up abnormally high for the photo, has it always been set that high or did you do it to display the error for the photo?

Usually sets come out of the box with those issues and are not noticed until someone with a "calibrators eye" or you are looking at it closely it is noticed. Not saying it's always been there on yours I am just giving you a pointer for your next TV look for these kind of errors day one and also dead pixels.

Looking at your pic I can see how from experience that would be hard to notice as those errors are mostly seen on 45% and below grey images and often we don't have a full window of that on our displays.

If it is a new development try grabbing a lint free cloth and gently massaging the area outward to see if you fix it as it could be caused by blunt force trauma on you panel (wiimotes of yesteryear and such).

Hope this helps.
post #1397 of 1402 Old Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracebusta View Post

You can't tell if it is still calibrated? Seriously?, my set looks horrible until I switch to my calibrated settings. The settings remained after new firmware last week.
post #1398 of 1402 Old Today, 10:54 AM

Quote:
does this have any support in the middle?
It does have some support in the middle. One point in the front directly middle of the stand and two points at the back. Basically making a triangle of three points. Not 3 bars, but 3 points that strengthen the middle.

However, I think I have a solution for the short term while i am testing the Vizio. i will use a closet shelf to extend across the stand to rest on the supports to limit the weight. I will re-evaluate after that.

PS: I called Innovex and I got "no info". The call made me sad. I feel better now, with my TV coming tomorrow morning though.

Last edited by Dr.Savage; Today at 12:09 PM.
post #1399 of 1402 Old Today, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It does have some support in the middle. One point in the front directly middle of the stand and two points at the back. Basically making a triangle of three points. Not 3 bars, but 3 points that strengthen the middle.

However, I think I have a solution for the short term while i am testing the Vizio. i will use a closet shelf to extend across the stand to rest on the supports to limit the weight. I will re-evaluate after that.

PS: I called Innovex and I got "no info". The call made me sad. I feel better now, with my TV coming tomorrow morning though.

I knew you would get no where with the company. It does say on their specs that it supports 80 inch tv's and I do not recall the weight it can handle though.
post #1400 of 1402 Old Today, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I knew you would get no where with the company. It does say on their specs that it supports 80 inch tv's and I do not recall the weight it can handle though.
haha, right there with you. I knew it too, but the call actually went worse than even I thought it would, and that is saying something. However, the wooden shelf (luckily I have one that will fit the stand) will be a good stop gap as I make certain the TV is a keeper. Plus, if the 83" can handle it, and that is wider, the stand with less width should be even stronger. Thank you for your insight.
post #1401 of 1402 Old Today, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
haha, right there with you. I knew it too, but the call actually went worse than even I thought it would, and that is saying something. However, the wooden shelf (luckily I have one that will fit the stand) will be a good stop gap as I make certain the TV is a keeper. Plus, if the 83" can handle it, and that is wider, the stand with less width should be even stronger. Thank you for your insight.

hanging not an option? These look very nice on the wall.
post #1402 of 1402 Old Today, 12:48 PM

Quote:
hanging not an option? These look very nice on the wall.
Maybe, eventually, but time frame in this house is probably months. So didn't want to add that to the the patch list.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - M801d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page