Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread - Page 65 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1921 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Hugo, Prometheus, Top Gun, Tron Legacy, Dredd, Transformers 4, Wizard of Oz, The Lego Movie, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Legend of the Guardians, Pacific Rim, Piranha 3D/3DD, Tintin, Lorax, Paranorman, The Great Gatsby, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Life of Pi and many more
I haven't seen @PlayNice here in a while.
Is all good with your 80"ers or did you move on to something else?
Just curious if you've received any updates on yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I haven't seen @PlayNice here in a while.
Is all good with your 80"ers or did you move on to something else?
Just curious if you've received any updates on yours?
Hahaha I am still an avid follower of this thread. Just been working on setting up a Home Thester Calibration and Consulting operation in the Seattle area.

I am currently on firmeare version 1.60.10-004.0090 - I do see the issue with the smart dining however I don't let it get to me that much as the overall PQ is above average and for the price and quality of the set I would rate it 4/5 over all it's a good package. Last I spoke Vizio they said they are still working towards a fix and it will roll out shortly. So that just keeps me going with hopes for a fix and not trying to replace my set.

Once the new firmware rolls out I will update and post new calibration setting for the masses. I can't wait!

PS Interstellar looks amazing in this set!
post #1923 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hahaha I am still an avid follower of this thread. Just been working on setting up a Home Thester Calibration and Consulting operation in the Seattle area.

I am currently on firmeare version 1.60.10-004.0090 - I do see the issue with the smart dining however I don't let it get to me that much as the overall PQ is above average and for the price and quality of the set I would rate it 4/5 over all it's a good package. Last I spoke Vizio they said they are still working towards a fix and it will roll out shortly. So that just keeps me going with hopes for a fix and not trying to replace my set.

Once the new firmware rolls out I will update and post new calibration setting for the masses. I can't wait!

PS Interstellar looks amazing in this set!
Great to hear!
I'm in the same boat.
Just toggle the Smart Dimming.
Sometimes I watch with it on and sometimes off.
post #1924 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Also wanted to chime in and say my set is doing good.
laserjock II likes this.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #1925 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
I am happy to see one of the originals still loving their set.
laserjock II likes this.
post #1926 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Are you at first 1.60 firmware?
post #1927 of 1949 Old 04-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm still enjoying my M801d. I had a problem with my router that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Before I could get my set back online I read about the 1.60 problem and stayed offline so that I've still got 1.34. Actually, I'm not sure if I'll go back online after the fix rolls out since I'm currently very pleased with my picture and would be nervous about messing with it. After Playnice posts his new settings, I'll have to decide.
TXSTYLE and laserjock II like this.
post #1928 of 1949 Old 04-08-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Are you at first 1.60 firmware?
I'm on 1.34.44.0090

It's always connected via Wifi

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller

post #1929 of 1949 Old 04-10-2015, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same here: 1.34.44.0090. Always connected.
post #1930 of 1949 Unread 04-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone experienced a problem with the network / ethernet causing a huge delay in the TV completing its start-up routine? If I have an ethernet cable connected I can not adjust volume, access the menu or anything for sometimes up to 3 minutes. It locks out all remote functions and TV hard buttons. I will get the display window on the top middle (1080p, ethernet, etc, etc) and it stays around the whole time until it's completed. The only thing I am running for apps is PLEX. I don't have Yahoo or anything else setup. If its not connected it fires right up and there are no delays. I called Visio about this before and they said the remote control was the issue and sent me a new one. That didnt solve the problem. Its hardwired on a gigabit network (all Cat6). This has been doing it since day 1. I bought my set at Costco. Wondering if I should return it.
post #1931 of 1949 Unread 04-20-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't have the 80 but on my 60 I was having a similar issue using HDMI cec via an older 2012 denon avr to TiVo via a xb1. Everything kinda slowed down and dragged. Turded off cec and issue vanished.
post #1932 of 1949 Unread 04-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephpearson View Post
I'm still enjoying my M801d. I had a problem with my router that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Before I could get my set back online I read about the 1.60 problem and stayed offline so that I've still got 1.34. Actually, I'm not sure if I'll go back online after the fix rolls out since I'm currently very pleased with my picture and would be nervous about messing with it. After Playnice posts his new settings, I'll have to decide.
I have settings posted for both 1.34 and 1.60 firmware.
josephpearson likes this.
post #1933 of 1949 Unread 04-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have settings posted for both 1.34 and 1.60 firmware.
Can you link or PM me your 1.60 settings? Please
post #1934 of 1949 Unread 04-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Can you link or PM me your 1.60 settings? Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephpearson View Post
PlayNice's most recent settings are here: Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i threadPost 10097
Here is a link someone posted to my settings earlier
post #1935 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaadams View Post
I don't have the 80 but on my 60 I was having a similar issue using HDMI cec via an older 2012 denon avr to TiVo via a xb1. Everything kinda slowed down and dragged. Turded off cec and issue vanished.
I eliminated my audio receiver. I'm running directly from my DirecTV box into the Vizio. I think I turned of CEC also and the problem is still there. I think another call to Vizio is in order. If no result then it's going back to Costco.
post #1936 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoktronic View Post
I eliminated my audio receiver. I'm running directly from my DirecTV box into the Vizio. I think I turned of CEC also and the problem is still there. I think another call to Vizio is in order. If no result then it's going back to Costco.
What's the problem I missed it earlier
post #1937 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Post #1930
post #1938 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I am happy to see one of the originals still loving their set.

Make that 2 for the most part besides for the smart dimming option not sticking, I'm very happy with my set and still use your calibration values for 1.60. Still would be nice to be able to delete the uber macro in my remote to "automatically" toggle dimming, but its a Band-Aid I think I'll just have to live with (prove me wrong Vizio! Fix the firmware!).

Vizio M801D-A3

JimK

post #1939 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question

Quote:
I'm on 1.34.44.0090

It's always connected via Wifi

I would LOVE to be connected to my WiFi to enjoy some of the SMART features of this set! But I am far to nervous that it may "AUTO UPDATE it's FW". How are you and pottingshed able to connect and NOT get the TV to start Auto-Downloading????

By the way... I've had mine since Black Friday and STILL loving the overall PQ. The size is always a hit with visitors! Playing XBOX and watching Blu Ray is fantastic!

My Home Theater = Investment In My Entertainment!
post #1940 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I would LOVE to be connected to my WiFi to enjoy some of the SMART features of this set! But I am far to nervous that it may "AUTO UPDATE it's FW". How are you and pottingshed able to connect and NOT get the TV to start Auto-Downloading????

By the way... I've had mine since Black Friday and STILL loving the overall PQ. The size is always a hit with visitors! Playing XBOX and watching Blu Ray is fantastic!
Yea, mine is still on 1.34. Maybe vizio pulled it for the time being to tweak stuff?
TXSTYLE likes this.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #1941 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Yea, mine is still on 1.34. Maybe vizio pulled it for the time being to tweak stuff?
To clarify... You are saying that when you connect to WiFi, your set does NOT auto-update?
How long have you been connected?
Is there a way to prevent this before hand in settings so if I do decide to connect, it won't start updating?

post #1942 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 06:35 PM

I've been connected for over a year They are supposed to auto update, unless vizio for some reason stopped the updating.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #1943 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 06:41 PM

By the way... How can I access 'subtitles' on this TV? Particularly when they don't auto-show for content hooked up via USB.

post #1944 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 06:43 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
I've been connected for over a year They are supposed to auto update, unless vizio for some reason stopped the updating.
SO Jason you are saying that you have indeed received FW updates then? That is what I am trying to avoid. But I want to connect to WiFi for SMART functions, connecting my phone etc.

post #1945 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Quote:
SO Jason you are saying that you have indeed received FW updates then? That is what I am trying to avoid. But I want to connect to WiFi for SMART functions, connecting my phone etc.
Yep, I've gotten them in the past. I don't think you have to worry. I've been connected and haven't gotten it, and another friend of mine with the same tv as me, is still on 1.34 also, and connected to wifi. You can probably be certain Vizio pulled the update for the 80" if there was issues with newer one. GO for it and report back on those smart phone things!

Quote:
By the way... How can I access 'subtitles' on this TV? Particularly when they don't auto-show for content hooked up via USB.
Closed captioning? That's through you cable box.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #1946 of 1949 Unread Yesterday, 07:44 PM

No not cc but actual subtitles for movies that offer them. Remember, I'm talking through USB.
post #1947 of 1949 Unread Today, 08:38 AM

Quote:
What's the problem I missed it earlier
Im having issues when the TV is powered on (initial startup) and an ethernet cable is connected. The TV is unresponsive anywhere from 1 min to 4 minutes. You can not bring up the menu, adjust volume, nothing! Ive even checked my router and given it DMZ permission just to see if it was bottle necked, still no change. It's hard wired so it's not a wifi issue. The only app running on it is PLEX. It never had this issue prior to the forced update.
post #1948 of 1949 Unread Today, 09:22 AM

OK, I officially hate Vizio and will never buy another TV from them again! The technical support rep I spoke to was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered! This guy "Tim" kept talking over me nonstop! I explained the problem I am having and he kept placing me on hold. When he finally came back he had me do a full reset of the TV. He said that should fix it and was about to disconnect when I told him I wanted to test it to make sure. Well same problem. So he places me on hold again and talked to someone else. He came back and asked if I have a wifi printer connected to my network. I informed him I did not, my "network printer" in hard wired. He then asked if I had UPNP enabled on my router, I informed him I did not. He said he was informed that UPNP causes the TV to lock up and is a known issue. He said the only way to resolve this is to turn off UPNP on my network and any devices that use this. I thought this TV was DLNA / UPNP compatible? After I told him that I do not have it turned on and nothing is utilizing this he kept insisting this was the problem and continued to talk over me. I had to abruptly stop him and ask for a supervisor. He mumbled something under his breath and told me to wait for a supervisor. several minutes go by and he comes back to say his supervisor suggested they have an onsite "inspection" to see if it is the TV or my network. He gave me a request number and said a company by the name of ITI would be contacting me to setup the service. he said if it's determined to be my network I would have to contact my router manufacturer.

I have double checked that UPNP is off on everything and have no idea what to do. I have never had luck with any onsite service company that was 3rd party for any of my large TVs. My last TV (Mitsubishi 73") was screwed up by a 3rd party and forced me to get this one.

Anyone have some input on this?
post #1949 of 1949 Unread Today, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoktronic View Post
OK, I officially hate Vizio and will never buy another TV from them again! The technical support rep I spoke to was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered! This guy "Tim" kept talking over me nonstop! I explained the problem I am having and he kept placing me on hold. When he finally came back he had me do a full reset of the TV. He said that should fix it and was about to disconnect when I told him I wanted to test it to make sure. Well same problem. So he places me on hold again and talked to someone else. He came back and asked if I have a wifi printer connected to my network. I informed him I did not, my "network printer" in hard wired. He then asked if I had UPNP enabled on my router, I informed him I did not. He said he was informed that UPNP causes the TV to lock up and is a known issue. He said the only way to resolve this is to turn off UPNP on my network and any devices that use this. I thought this TV was DLNA / UPNP compatible? After I told him that I do not have it turned on and nothing is utilizing this he kept insisting this was the problem and continued to talk over me. I had to abruptly stop him and ask for a supervisor. He mumbled something under his breath and told me to wait for a supervisor. several minutes go by and he comes back to say his supervisor suggested they have an onsite "inspection" to see if it is the TV or my network. He gave me a request number and said a company by the name of ITI would be contacting me to setup the service. he said if it's determined to be my network I would have to contact my router manufacturer.

I have double checked that UPNP is off on everything and have no idea what to do. I have never had luck with any onsite service company that was 3rd party for any of my large TVs. My last TV (Mitsubishi 73") was screwed up by a 3rd party and forced me to get this one.

Anyone have some input on this?

unplug and disconnect and device that is hooked up to the router and just connect TV to router and see if the issue is resolved and then start plugging in devices until the issue arises.
phildaant likes this.

Who needs 4K?... just go see your optometrist.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - M801d by PriceGrabber.com