Help need a 46-50" under $700 TV for my friend, I think I'm starting to piss him off lol - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I'm sitting fat with my glorious 50ST50 and my friend wants a new TV shortly after and I tried to convince him to get one but he said "there is no way im spending $1000 on a TV" sooooo we have been looking for deals and scowering review sites but nothing seems to come close to something that will look good at that price. Then I was trying to get him to get the 50S60 but still he doesn't want to spend that much and he is to afraid of all the anti plasma crap like burn in and heat and he looked at it and said it had to much glare.

I found this RCA and the Toshiba 5200u for $550 but they are not available anymore or are up around $800, and the new 2300 and 4300u don't seem to be as good.

Also many of Samsungs LCD's seem to be worse looking than last you in favor of "smart features".

There are just sooooo many bad TV's and sooo many that review site's can only review like 20% of the ones on the market.

He is pretty much sick of me telling him to get a plasma (its going in an apartment with windows only on 1 side and the TV will be on that wall so light wont shine on it and he has curtains) and I'm sick of the short time deals going away and all of his small nit picky thing's, he wants an LED for $650 but wont get the panny for $700 because it is to much.

Only things he is looking for in a TV is picture quality and input lag he could care less about smart/3D/cloud/face recognition etc.

So can you guys suggest something for him to look at? He is a good friend so I want him to get something with good colors, black levels and uniformity so he can see what he is missing on his little 26" black Friday LCD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If he is willing, I have a KDL46HX750 for around $800
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page