Hi everyone, hope you're having a good weekend. I'm in the 'research' period of potentially upgrading my current tv. I actually really enjoy the TV I have now, but wanted to check out some new sets and possibly move the current one into my bedroom. I currently have a Samsung HL67A750, which has been pretty rock solid with the exception of the fan errors that I've had to address here and there.
My main reason for upgrading is I want something that is:
- A bit brighter, more crisp and has more of a 'pop' to the image (if that makes sense)
- Something that really makes gaming/HTPC/HD feeds shine. I'm a game developer so I'll be getting all the next gen consoles and I love my blu rays.
- Same relative screen size (67") or a tad bit bigger (no more than 75"). Would prefer now to go down in size unless there's something amazing I'm missing out by losing a couple inches.
- Preferably below 3K
I feel like the DLP LED sometimes lacks some of the 'pop' I'm seeing with some of the newer sets out there.
I'm not interested in:
- 4K sets, since this is pretty pointless to me right now and way out of my price range.
Things that are nice, but on the fence about:
- Wifi/Smart tv features, nice but not neccessary.
- 3D would be a bonus, but only if it's easy to setup - again though, not neccessary. The Samsung I have now is 3d ready, but I've yet to use it, primarily because I haven't looked into it too much and it was one of the first gen 3d tv's (I think) so I assumed the quality wouldn't be too amazing. Still, I'm not opposed to 3D if it looks great.
So far, I'm going based off amazon reviews. These are the sets I've found that are more recent and seem to be pretty solid. Thoughts, issues, suggestions or models I'm missing out on would be greatly appreciated!
Sharp LC-70LE857U 70-inch
Samsung UN65F7100 65 inch
Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch
These are more than I want to spend, but still intrigued by the high reviews. If I save up more, they become a reality, but not sure if it's worth the price premium. The 65 inch version of the Samsung UN75F7100 below falls into that 'would be willing to sacrifice a couple inches if the quality was worth it'.
Samsung UN75F6400 75-Inch
Samsung UN75F7100 75 inch