and everything was going fine till one morning turned it on and was greeted with a customer service box
where i had to enter a number
now completely baffled , i have found out the the tv is an exclusive to buy as you view
and have contacted them but with no help
i have also found out that the main board is a cv309h-b (google search , with ppl with similar problems)
i was wondering if anyone can help with a master reset or new firmware , as i can use it and feel ripped off of £300
thanks in advance to anyone who can shed a light or help me
The only possible way around this is to try and change the firmware on it. as Optica is exclusive to Buy as you view. which is a hire purchase company. what could be the issue is the person you brought this from got it on finance and never paid it of or it could be stolen. which has prompted bayv (buy as you view) to activate the fail safe feature which locks out the tv.
I also believe LG is the manufacturer of Optica. so maybe try using LG firmware?
I hope this helps.
Connect the wire that goes from pin 7 to Pin 1. Sorted.
J7 - DVD control o o o o o o o o |___________| link these two :)
It may also be possible to use different firmware with the android board, looking into that next..
(Recovery mode can be entered by holding down the small button next to the ethernet board while powering on)
The chip is a Amlogic 8726M3 , and has 4gb flash, 512mb ram.
Alternatively bin the board and use the usb remote receiver located at the bottom of the set (on a usb cable) on another android box / raspberry pi etc.
I've spent about a week on this now, and I've got alternative firmware fully working!!! The stock "smart tv" firmware is absolutely s#!t! and this makes the whole thing AWESOME!
It now has angry birds,android market, web browser, video player etc etc instead of just four s#!tty apps!
Basically the board is almost identical to a geniatech-enjoy-tv.
The firmware for their Android 2.3 V20120111 works perfectly!
It was a bit of a challenge to get the firmware onto the board, as they have disabled lots, and signature check the firmware.
Here is a brief outline...
1) Create a special boot SD card with the Amlogic tool, and using the file uboot_M3_512F.img from Update_spi20111102.zip (from the Geniatech site) & copy recovery.img to it, and rename the update20120111.zip to update.img and copy that to the SD card as well.
2) Connect a serial TTL adapter to the 4 pin white connector on the board (It's a serial uart, 115200 baud, 8bit, no parity).
3) short the SPI flash so it boots from SD card (while powering on) with your created sd card in.
4) Hit a key just after power on, so it stops at your newly booted uboot prompt.
5) Send quite a few commands to Uboot to erase and copy your new bootloader and recovery partition to the SPI flash.
6) reboot, wait for it to install your new firmware
7) Wait till garbled screen appears, then wait for about 5 mins...
8) power off + back on, be greeted with the new firmware
Pictures of it all working!
Also an idea is to have a usb extension lead connected to the other USB port on the android board, then you can plug in a memory stick or whatever without having to take the back off the TV everytime
You also need to join the two points mentioned in previous post to unlock the Input selection.
Another really daft question,
Is it still able to be used as a tv also or just an android tv.
Thanks very much and hope to hear from you soon.
Last edited by stuart graham; 08-20-2014 at 04:00 AM.
- Brand New Remote XRV1D3 for ClassBrand New Remote XRV1D3 for Class Theater 3DTM LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps® work with VIZIO...
1 ReviewMore on Brand New Remote XRV1D3 for ClassPrice:
$8.96Vizio XRV1TV 3D TV Remote ControlTake control of your living room and complete your Vizio home theater setup with this Vizio XRV1TV...
1 ReviewMore on Vizio XRV1TV 3D TV Remote ControlPrice:
$78.00$12.94BRAND New Original VIZIO 3D XRV13DNew Vizio internet App 3D TV remote, with Keyboard and Qwerty remote. some knowing TV models...
1 ReviewMore on BRAND New Original VIZIO 3D XRV13DPrice: