Best 65 to 75 inch gaming TV with low input lag - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cool, I'll likely go for the 900A.. Although I don't understand it, I'm worried about the fading edges. Not sure I understand why the 900A would cure itself, but not the 850A..

Raz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM

Liked: 10
Does the 65S990A use the same panel technology as the W900 or the W850. I noticed on Sony's website that the S990A and W900A both mention deep black panel which isn't mentioned on the W850A. But then again the W900A is 960hz whereas the S990A is 480Hz.

I'm in the same boat, looking for something in the 65" range to replace my 55HX929 which I sadly cracked when moving into my new apartment. (not that noticable unless you are at the right angle to see the cracks, but still bugging me) I'm considering Sony's 18ms input lag TVs or Panasonic VT/ZT series pretty much.
post #63 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctishue View Post

Does the 65S990A use the same panel technology as the W900 or the W850.

I would guess no, because it's a part of the "S" line as opposed to the "W" line, and it has a curved screen, albeit a slight curve.

That said, I would love to see a S990A in person. It's overpriced because of the curve, but if the backlighting is even and everything else looks good, I might be tempted.

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #64 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I would guess no, because it's a part of the "S" line as opposed to the "W" line, and it has a curved screen, albeit a slight curve.

That said, I would love to see a S990A in person. It's overpriced because of the curve, but if the backlighting is even and everything else looks good, I might be tempted.

Yea I don't mind paying extra if it is better quality than the W850a and something closer to the black level and uniformity of the W900a. I'm also considering the 4k line too.
post #65 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

The sets are displayed in the Magnolia section of Best Buy, which isn't as bright as the rest of the store.

I cooled my jets on the 850, or any new TV at the moment. The 900 is too small for my situation.

I keep thinking about the 65" VT60 - it's $2150 for Cyber Monday! eek.gif My last chance to get a plasma? But... IR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmo View Post

Cool, I'll likely go for the 900A.. Although I don't understand it, I'm worried about the fading edges. Not sure I understand why the 900A would cure itself, but not the 850A..

Raz

Might be because the w900a has been around several months before the w850a, and people who just got the 850 may not have used it long enough for the vignetting to go away.
post #66 of 67 Old 12-02-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by athom110 View Post

Might be because the w900a has been around several months before the w850a, and people who just got the 850 may not have used it long enough for the vignetting to go away.

This is most likely the cause, however it is good to note that the w850a's sides are much darker more noticeable than the w900a from the start. Not only does it extend further into the screen, but its also darker. A member on here did fix the dark sides on his w850a though by applying even pressure along the edges.
post #67 of 67 Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

This is most likely the cause, however it is good to note that the w850a's sides are much darker more noticeable than the w900a from the start. Not only does it extend further into the screen, but its also darker. A member on here did fix the dark sides on his w850a though by applying even pressure along the edges.

I very slowly rubbed a flat frozen soft cloth over 2 or 3 inches of each side of the screen. I did that for like maybe 4 minutes per side. This near eliminated the vignetting sides. I did it again the next day and it improved even more. I repeated the procedure again that night and it seems to be gone. Now 5 weeks later I find the more hours of TV watching the vignetting is completely gone. You can barely see it only on a full white screen. I have never seen it when watching any 3D blu-ray disk.

I still can't get over the great picture quality/ color of this w850a set. This TV will blow you away when watching a 3D movie.

May favorite setting for great viewing, Scene Select, General with Vivid, backlight set to 7.

3D glasses brightness, set to High
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page