Official LG 47LN5750 Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 24 Old 07-20-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys - bought mine this afternoon at Sam's (replaced a 35" crt in the bedroom for my wife.) Wondering what everyone has to say about this unit. So far so good. great picture and I like how the remote works. I haven't seen a whole lot on this unit so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-20-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know if this is edge lit, or does it have local array? Spec sheet doesn't say.
post #3 of 24 Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUGNIER View Post

Ok guys - bought mine this afternoon at Sam's (replaced a 35" crt in the bedroom for my wife.) Wondering what everyone has to say about this unit. So far so good. great picture and I like how the remote works. I haven't seen a whole lot on this unit so far.

Curious how much you paid for it. I went to Sam's but this is one of those items whose price you can't see until you "checkout" and you need to create an id / be a member of Sam's to "checkout".
post #4 of 24 Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

It is a real nice unit - vibrant colors, and the voice recognition on the remote is sweet - it was less than 700.00 - I think around 670.00 if I recall - I would have to check my receipt. - It seems to have better color saturation than my 80" Sharp 844u in my family room.
post #5 of 24 Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM

I agree it's a very nice unit. If you do Netflix, you wont be disappointed viewing Netflix using the app on the TV. Excellent picture.
post #6 of 24 Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Yes we have Netflix - we use it often on our smartphones and the 844u
post #7 of 24 Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 PM

Costco has lowered price to $649. Free shipping if purchased on their website. Some Costco stores have them, I'll be looking for one tomorrow. But does anyone know exactly what audio inputs and outputs the 47LN5750 has? Except for my computer and cable TV, all of my A/V gear is analog. I've searched for hours but can't find a complete list. Checked everywhere including LG spec sheets and manuals The back panel has an unusual-looking connector labeled "H/P Out". Is that a headphone out?

My original limit was $600 but I'm stretching to include the LG. I'm down to either the 47LN5750 ($649) or Vizio E470i-A0 ($589). I definitely prefer LG over VIzio, but need to make sure I have enough analog I/O to connect up.

Also I'd love to hear any opinions about the LG vs. Vizio. Thanks in advance for any help!
post #8 of 24 Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinabb View Post

Costco has lowered price to $649. Free shipping if purchased on their website. Some Costco stores have them, I'll be looking for one tomorrow. But does anyone know exactly what audio inputs and outputs the 47LN5750 has? Except for my computer and cable TV, all of my A/V gear is analog. I've searched for hours but can't find a complete list. Checked everywhere including LG spec sheets and manuals The back panel has an unusual-looking connector labeled "H/P Out". Is that a headphone out?

My original limit was $600 but I'm stretching to include the LG. I'm down to either the 47LN5750 ($649) or Vizio E470i-A0 ($589). I definitely prefer LG over VIzio, but need to make sure I have enough analog I/O to connect up.

Also I'd love to hear any opinions about the LG vs. Vizio. Thanks in advance for any help!

Try googling "47LN5750 manual". It takes you to the LG support page which gives you the manual and user guide, besides other stuff. When you "searched for hours" didn't you find this?

I got the Vizio and returned it after much grief and wasted time. The Vizio just could not hold on to my WiFi connection even though it showed full strength and just about every other device in that room has never had a problem. I believe the LG picture is superior (out of the box). Plus in the "smart" area the LG is far smarter. I was coming from a 37" Vizio so my first preference was to get another one, but I was really disappointed.
post #9 of 24 Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the info, Russell. Good to know about your Vizio's connectivity issue. I don't have cable or satellite. 100% of my content will be from DVD player, or PC via WiFi. So that's an issue I haver to look into.

I found that the H/P Out is indeed a headphone out. I still haven't found it listed in any online specs, manual specs, product boxes, etc. Multiple manuals I found when Googling it last night were all imaged, no available text-search. Spent lots of time but couldn't find mentioned of the H/P jack. Today I found a searchable Adobe version of the manual, but the specs in there still don't acknowledge that jack. FInally found a small section on connecting headphones, the only place where that jack is mentioned.

I cannot see any other way to get analog audio out, but even in the manual I can't find a comprehensive list or diagram of all the In/Out connectors. Extremely poor job of documentation across the board. I'll check the TV out tomorrow at Costco and post what I find.
post #10 of 24 Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM

When I Google "47LN5750 manual" the very first link Google gives me is the LG site which has the manual which comes with the TV. 52 pages in a pdf showing all the connections there are and is fully searchable like most pdf files. This manual has diagrams of all the connections. No analog out except for the headphones.
post #11 of 24 Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

The only analog out is a headphone jack - besides that there is a optical out that you can use for a D/A and get BNC or RCA analog out
post #12 of 24 Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know - it doesn't look edge lit.
post #13 of 24 Old 09-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Sorry for raising this from the dead:

But does this stand swivel on this unit? BJs says it does, but other 5700 units seem to not. confused.gif
post #14 of 24 Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

My stand does not swivel....
post #15 of 24 Old 12-16-2013, 06:32 PM

The unit got a firmware upgrade last week. I upgraded but don't appear to see anything new. Since this was a major number change, anyone know where I can find out what changed?
post #16 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 AM

Bought one last week--$599.99 at Costco.

It's replacing a 32" Vizio, so of course the initial impression is incredibly favorable.

Excellent picture (once I had gotten rid of the SOE) on cable, DVD, and Blu-ray.

Main weakness thus far is that the speakers are a bit weak, not so much in terms of power, but of bass response. Yes, there's only so much you can do, but still...

The Magic Remote is neat, but will take a while to master.

Will be tweaking calibration settings over the next week or so, but the initial reaction is very favorable.

Quick question--on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, content w/ a 1.33:1 aspect ration are stretched to widescreen, even if I have the aspect ratio on the TV set to Just Scan or 4:3. Is there another setting I need to look at?
post #17 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post

Bought one last week--$599.99 at Costco.

It's replacing a 32" Vizio, so of course the initial impression is incredibly favorable.

Excellent picture (once I had gotten rid of the SOE) on cable, DVD, and Blu-ray.

Main weakness thus far is that the speakers are a bit weak, not so much in terms of power, but of bass response. Yes, there's only so much you can do, but still...

The Magic Remote is neat, but will take a while to master.

Will be tweaking calibration settings over the next week or so, but the initial reaction is very favorable.

Quick question--on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, content w/ a 1.33:1 aspect ration are stretched to widescreen, even if I have the aspect ratio on the TV set to Just Scan or 4:3. Is there another setting I need to look at?

Are you watching Netflix from the TV or through some externally connected box?
post #18 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Directly from the TV.

I can view it from the Blu-ray if necessary.
post #19 of 24 Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 PM

I don't have Amazon Prime :-(. I do have Netflix :-). Tried Buffy and saw what you described. Like you, I tried Just Scan and 4:3 to no avail. One good thing about this TV is that firmware is being constantly updated - just got a new update in the past few days. If you put in the effort to report this (I've never done it so can't help there but perhaps someone else can) it may get fixed. Fwiw, I've got several updates of the firmware over the past few months - the latest update gave us a lot nicer Netflix app (as one example of what changed).
post #20 of 24 Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 AM

Anyone know the remote code for this TV? My magic remote cratered and would like to use Xbox WMC remote to turn on and off.
post #21 of 24 Old 03-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Hi I just bought this TV from Costco store. I used it for a few days and all was working well. Then I did the firmware update to 5.04.14 and now when I go into the smart tv it freezes for a few seconds & then returns to the TV. I have a LG tech coming to look at it next week. Has anyone had this same issue with this firmware. Or has anyone upgrade to this version and had no problems? Just wondering if I should return it & just get another one. Maybe this had a defect. Thanks.

post #22 of 24 Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 AM

I've been running 5.04.14 ever since it prompted me to install. No known issues.
post #23 of 24 Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM

I purchased the set from Sam's in Lantana, Florida on 6/16/14. Total price without taxes was $548.71. TV has really great features and the SMART features work very well. I have a ROKU unit which I have used as wireless access on my old Sony, but the LG works fine without it. The only issue I have found is you cannot "pause" the download as with the ROKU unit.

Picture settings took some time. I tried various settings others have used, but the best settings I found were from this website;

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-revi...eview/#!bf9cIa

I prefer the screen display to appear normal not heavily colored or high contrast or bright.
post #24 of 24 Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 AM

I see the firmware on my 47LN5750 being updated on a regular basis. Does anyone have any idea where I could see a release log? I'd like to know what cool new features I'm missing :-)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 47 Inch Led Smart 47ln5750 Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page