All HDMI Ports not working. No Signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All my HDMI ports on my LG 55 inch TV have gone out. They sometimes work for a few minutes and then it'll cut out and the no signal screen pops up. Its only 2 years old. I had it fixed through warranty last year, they replaced the "main PCB on unit". I can't fix it through through warranty again since it expired ( didn't feel the need to pay for it again since it was working perfectly.) My question is what is causing the HDMI ports to go out and How can I stop it from continuing to happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
First i would see if they warranty their repair this may extend you coverage. If not you can order the boards from a online source a google search will generally produce some sources and youtube will have some how to videos. and person with basic mechanical electronic skills should be able to swap the board.
after the repair i would make sure i use a quality surge protector for my TV and all the devices that are connected to it. And then i personaly would replace the cable/sat box and bluray player and also any other devices connected. you might want to go ahead and get all new HDMI cables also. monoprice.com would be a good source.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

I'll try LG again and see if they will. I called them a few days ago and they said theres nothing they can do since its out of warranty also said I can pay for a technician, but would cost $89.00 just for him to come out and between $150- $225 + tax for a repair. Would it be cheaper to do it myself? I've never repair a tv before is it hard? What kind of boards would I need to get?
Thanks!
-Chris
post #4 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I would first look at your HDMI cables. Kind of cable, length, etc. You could always take one of your cables over to a friend's house and see if it works there. If it does, you could probably rule out the cable. Cheapest and easiest way to check before you start spending money and time on replacement boards.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

I would first look at your HDMI cables. Kind of cable, length, etc. You could always take one of your cables over to a friend's house and see if it works there. If it does, you could probably rule out the cable. Cheapest and easiest way to check before you start spending money and time on replacement boards.

I've tried it with a new HDMI cable and I have my direct tv box and ps3 with two different cables in different ports and it still does the same thing.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Then if you've ruled out the HDMI cables I guess you're left with repairing it yourself. Good luck. Per chance a hard reset of the tv might work.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked: 11
whos your service provider? I can help you repair it too
post #8 of 10 Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave00gt View Post

whos your service provider? I can help you repair it too
Thank you. Any help would be appreciated. I have direct tv.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 AM

Liked: 11
Ok first start of by looking for a mainboard for your tv, so put down model # then mainboard in search engine... If you have an eBay accnt I would buy one there but make sure they have a return policy, that way u can return it if u have too. , I'm really sure u have a mainboard issue, then u will walk u thru on how to repair it over the phone
post #10 of 10 Old 08-10-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave00gt View Post

Ok first start of by looking for a mainboard for your tv, so put down model # then mainboard in search engine... If you have an eBay accnt I would buy one there but make sure they have a return policy, that way u can return it if u have too. , I'm really sure u have a mainboard issue, then u will walk u thru on how to repair it over the phone

Sorry for that late no reply. I have been out of town the past few days with no wifi or cell service. I called LG to see if they would repair their faulty repair, but I am waiting to be contacted back by them, but I have no hopes that they will. I do have a eBay, so I will look on there real soon. Before I try to fix it. I am going to wait to see if LG will repair it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55 Inch Led 3d Tv W Soundbar 55lm4700 , Playstation 3 80gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page