SAMSUNG 4K 55" TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
On Saturday I saw the Samsung 55" 4K at Best Buy. The picture looked a little less than the Sony 4K, the color of Sony was way better. The disturbing part of the Samsung tv was the control box that you had to use for the connections and remote control. You have to aim the remote point blank range to make the tv comply. This is a deal breaker for me, I don't like having a separate box for connectors or control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Advantage of that box is that it can be upgraded when HDMI 2.0 becomes available. Prolongs the useful lifetime of the TV.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I saw the 65" and thought it looked pretty exceptional during the brief interval I viewed it playing Sony's 4K demo content. It looked very good playing 1080p content, although the 1080 content I saw was animated, not a lot of fine detail, so it's difficult to say if it upscales better than the X900. The main advantage the Samsung has going is the design -- the F9000 is basically an F8000 with nicely rounded bezel edges -- and the clearer path for upgrade-ability when a new HDMI standard is released. The disadvantages would be that in the early days of 4K, the one 4K source component available (FMP-X1) simply won't work with an F9000, so you literally have zero 4K content to watch on it for the time being. It also lacks the triluminos/quantum dot of the smaller X900 models, but it's difficult to say that that is actually even a real disadvantage.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Marantz PM8004, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
lr Panasonic 50" ST60, Sony BDP-S5100, Apple TV
pc Energy CB-5, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Electronics

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page