New tv for the living room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hey guys its time to update the display. We currently have a Samsung 52" A650 LCD and so far it has treated us very well. The image has never been calibrated by a professional only simple calibration disc adjustments and I think it looks quite good. There are some deficiencies however the contrast seem very respectable. Right now we're looking at a few displays and Im having a hard time trying to find unbiased reviews of the current models.

I am looking at the Samsung F8000, Sony W900, and potentially the Samsung 4k tv's. Im not convinced on the 4k tv just yet, its really expensive and the whole 4k @30fps doesnt seem great. The room is very well lit with light coming in from everywhere so a plasma is a no go unfortunately. Based off last years reviews of TV's the Sony W900 is a top contender imo however I am very satisfied with my samsung so I am considering another one.

My question is which of these TV's have the best picture quality both pre and post calibration. I have seen both units however I havent done an extensive comparison between them. Anyone have an opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Anyone have an opinion as to which tv is better. I looked at what consumer reports said about these units and they seemed to rate the samsung ES8000 quite highly even though it had the haloing and flashlighting issues so i dont know how unbiased and/or accurate their reviews are.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 52 Inch 650a Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 650a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page