Keep a slightly damaged tv or return for a new one? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2013, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the 60F8000 from Amazon. It was delivered by freight carrier and the exterior box seemed to be in perfect condition. I noticed the bottom styrofoam was broken on both sides when I opened the TV so I further inspected it.

There was no damage to the front of the TV, but I did notice about ¼” on the bottom left back that is not flush to the back of the TV. I don’t believe this damage impacts the picture quality in anyway and everything seems to be working properly.

I contacted Amazon (their typical amazing service) and I was offered a significant discount to keep this TV which I think I am going to do, but I wanted to know if this would impact Samsung’s warranty in anyway? Or anything else I should be concerned about? I don’t want my judgment clouded by the significant savings on a $2,800 television.

I will try to post a picture later, but the damage is pretty small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post

I recently purchased the 60F8000 from Amazon. It was delivered by freight carrier and the exterior box seemed to be in perfect condition. I noticed the bottom styrofoam was broken on both sides when I opened the TV so I further inspected it.

There was no damage to the front of the TV, but I did notice about ¼” on the bottom left back that is not flush to the back of the TV. I don’t believe this damage impacts the picture quality in anyway and everything seems to be working properly.

I contacted Amazon (their typical amazing service) and I was offered a significant discount to keep this TV which I think I am going to do, but I wanted to know if this would impact Samsung’s warranty in anyway? Or anything else I should be concerned about? I don’t want my judgment clouded by the significant savings on a $2,800 television.

I will try to post a picture later, but the damage is pretty small.

Sounds like a great deal to me.
I would keep it for the discount. I bet that was the way it went into the box, that plastic just clips to gather in most cases, and there may be a few fasteners that needing a little undoing then sapping back together, But why would you want to if it's unseen, especial if it's wall mounted.
I have bought a lot of so-called refurbished TV's and have yet to have a problem.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page