LG 42LH30-UA issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I've had my LG 42LH30-UA led tv for three years. Great picture! All this time I was happily streaming from my laptop and using my PS3 as a bluray player. Unfortunately my PS3 is bricked. I decided to get a wifi bluray player and then my problems started.

I am currently streaming from my laptop with no problem thru my hdmi cable. Works good. The problem starts when trying to get bluray players to hook up.
- I have tried three completely different bluray players all with the same problem - two different versions of Sony players and now an LG player. The tv sees the player software just long enough to show me the first splash screen with the company name and then does not go to setup.
-I have tried 5 different hdmi cables - two bought new for testing

I went to LG and the knuckleheads told me it was the bluray players. I find it pretty hard to believe that this is not something about the tv since the odds against two different bluray manufacturers having the same technical issues with three different machines seems unlikely to me. I also talked to our local repair company who is contracted to LG and they haven't heard of this before.

Any useful suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For anyone who has this issue I wish you luck. I have tried a total of 4 different hdmi cables, 1 media streamer, 4 bluray players and 2 dvd players and all have the same issue. The tv knows the player thru the hdmi, shows the very first screen identifying the manufacturer, then refuses to handshake with the setup screen. I tried using rca cables on the dvd player and I do get the screens but when you play the dvd with hdmi all I get is a pink screen and can hear the audio. I bought a Roku unit and it works with rca cables but not hdmi. I'm getting peeved. The picture is excellent otherwise.

One thing I am absolutely positive about is this is the LG tv and has nothing to do with any of these players.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42lx6500
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page