Different between LG 55LN5600 and 55LN5700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-02-2013, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I was looking at best buys ad for this weekend and they have a 55 inch LG tv for $750 (LN5600) but I have been unable to find and real information on the TV other than what is on best buys website. Could anyone tell met what the real differences are between these two TVs?

Thanks!

This is the TV in question
LG 55LN5600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I got the LN5600 about a month ago for that price and the only difference I could see was the LN5700 was 120Hz. Wasn't worth the price difference to me.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #3 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I got the LN5600 about a month ago for that price and the only difference I could see was the LN5700 was 120Hz. Wasn't worth the price difference to me.

I keep reading it will cause a loss of quality at 60 Hz when viewing fast moving movies or football. Have you noticed that with watching those types of things? At the store, they said it is just as good as other brands at 120 Hz with some of the features it has. Is that true? 

post #4 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I don't notice the blur on fast moving objects because I don't look for it. If I concentrate on looking for it, yes I can kinda see it then.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #5 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 05:34 PM

Liked: 11
LG has watered down their product line with so many variant model numbers that has made it so confusing to the consumer. Up until my current LG set I was happy with their product, but after they ripped me off on a warranty claim I'm not sure I would ever buy one of their products again.

Rob
post #6 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post

LG has watered down their product line with so many variant model numbers that has made it so confusing to the consumer. Up until my current LG set I was happy with their product, but after they ripped me off on a warranty claim I'm not sure I would ever buy one of their products again.

Rob

Was the claim through the store you purchased it from as an extended warranty or was it dealing directly with LG?

post #7 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkWonderGirl View Post

Was the claim through the store you purchased it from as an extended warranty or was it dealing directly with LG?

It was through LG, not extended warranty. LG didn't want to replace the panel (said it wasn't available anymore) so they gave me $1000 towards a new TV, but I had paid $1800 for the one I gave back to them.

Rob
post #8 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post

It was through LG, not extended warranty. LG didn't want to replace the panel (said it wasn't available anymore) so they gave me $1000 towards a new TV, but I had paid $1800 for the one I gave back to them.

Rob

Glad you brought this up since I was curious about how LG was with the warranty. How old was the TV??? Did they come out and try and fix it first? Usually, if the TV isn't available, they will give you a new one of similar specs and size. Wondering why they didn't do that. If I was to get Geek Squad (which I probably won't) they will replace the TV  with a comparable TV (sometimes even with a better one) if yours isn't available anymore. 

I had a Sharp I bought from Best Buy (no Geek Squad) and got nowhere with Sharp. But for some reason after calling Best Buy and asking, Geek Squad came out and fixed it since it was still under manufacturer's warranty (it was a one year warranty). I don't think Best Buy was supposed to do that though. But, they offered immediately.  

post #9 of 9 Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I don't notice the blur on fast moving objects because I don't look for it. If I concentrate on looking for it, yes I can kinda see it then.

Just got it and am soooooooooooo happy. Like you said, unless I really look for it, I don't see it. All I know is this TV is how I expected an LED TV to work. I went through two Sharps thinking LED TVs were grainy and blurry and this new TV makes me happy. I need to rush out and get the wireless K400 Logitech keyboard ASAP so I can surf the web. I LOVE how they keep the show you are watching in a little box in a corner. 

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ln5600 55 Inch 1080p 60hz 3d Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55ln5700 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page