Official Panasonic TC-LxxE60,TC-5xLE64 & TC-LxxEM60 Owners' Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 271 Old 11-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie46 View Post

Thank you both! After fooling around with different settings, etc., I think I have the audio synced closely enough that it doesn't bother me too much. We'll have to see as I have a chance to watch a little more.

Is it better to connect to the sound bar with the HDMI2 ARC than by optical? If I did connect that way, would it take care of the audio for a dvd player connected to the tv, too? Or would I have to connect the dvd player to the sound bar with the optical cable? I'm sorry if these are basic questions. I (obviously) don't know much about audio.

I would connect the Tivo Hdmi1,sound bar hdmi2. Connect the dvd to sound bar. Dvd will be input 2 on tv. Sorry for short response. Traveling for holidays :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 271 Old 11-30-2013, 04:09 PM

Liked: 10

Purchased this set a few days ago.  I am new to lcd/led televisions.  I have noticed on this panel with the lights off and the screen black (in bw commercials, black title screen of a movie, selecting an input not being used) there are little blotchy areas of white throughout the black image.  I would say little areas of light white clouds.  It is not black throughout the screen.  I am new to lcd and maybe this is clouding?  I just would like to know if others have this and it is normal or if i have a bum set and should bring it back

post #183 of 271 Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisired View Post

Purchased this set a few days ago.  I am new to lcd/led televisions.  I have noticed on this panel with the lights off and the screen black (in bw commercials, black title screen of a movie, selecting an input not being used) there are little blotchy areas of white throughout the black image.  I would say little areas of light white clouds.  It is not black throughout the screen.  I am new to lcd and maybe this is clouding?  I just would like to know if others have this and it is normal or if i have a bum set and should bring it back

My set has this as well and I was told it is normal  and for the most part can be easily adjusted with settings for backlight, contrast, and brightness etc.

post #184 of 271 Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisired View Post

I had a problem like this because I set the panel setting to dark. I thought this made sense to maximize black level, but it didn't work. All of the reviewers ended up with the "light" setting.
post #185 of 271 Old 12-02-2013, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
2 models will be deals on cyber monday at noon eastern time on amazon

Panasonic TC-L55WT60 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz Smart 3D IPS LED HDTV
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L55WT60-55-Inch-Polarized-Glasses/dp/B00BECKOBI/

and

Panasonic TC-L55DT60 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart 3D IPS LED HDTV
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L55DT60-55-Inch-Polarized-Glasses/dp/B00BC4S7J4/
post #186 of 271 Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysinb View Post

I just got the 58 inch model and I'm loving it. I'm using the first "custom" mode calibration numbers and settings linked from here. I have a question about game mode though. If all of the calibration settings tell you to turn off all the various processing features, why not leave game mode on all the time? Isn't that what game mode does anyway, just turn off all the processing features to reduce lag? Is there anything I'm overlooking? Is there any reason not to have game mode on all the time, since it's a pain to switch on and off.
Thanks.

Anyone have an opinion on this question regarding game mode? Just curious because I keep game mode on all the time on my L50E60 and it still looks great with digital cable and blurays.

Thanks,

Brandon

post #187 of 271 Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I too am having issues with optical-out sync from the TV, at least with my Panasonic sound bar, which has no adjustment options to my knowledge. Is there anywhere in the TV's settings to tweak audio output?
post #188 of 271 Old 12-06-2013, 11:13 AM

I am wondering if there is a sound bar, maybe made by Panasonic, that will work perfectly with E60, and the volume can be controlled by the TV remote....

post #189 of 271 Old 12-06-2013, 02:30 PM

I'm thinking about this one, after considering that the s60/64 might not be bright enough for my non-light controlled viewing room. I like what I'm reading about it, and I imagine anything would be a major improvement over my like-7-old 42" lg lcd. Is there any known difference between the 60 and the 64?
post #190 of 271 Old 12-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lin View Post

I am wondering if there is a sound bar, maybe made by Panasonic, that will work perfectly with E60, and the volume can be controlled by the TV remote....

I have a Samsung HW-F550 connected to the TC-L58E60. It works great with it, although I know others in this thread have said they have seen issues with audio lag.

I did also look at a Panasonic sound bar, but I liked the look of the Samsung Sound Bar better. It sits nicely on top of the TV stand, which in turn sits nicely on the swivel top I use to watch from multiple positions in the room.

post #191 of 271 Old 12-07-2013, 07:23 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentaferd View Post

I'm thinking about this one, after considering that the s60/64 might not be bright enough for my non-light controlled viewing room. I like what I'm reading about it, and I imagine anything would be a major improvement over my like-7-old 42" lg lcd. Is there any known difference between the 60 and the 64?
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, the 64 is Costco's version. Nothing really different between the two.

If you plan on getting one, you probably sure make a quick decision. I think all of this years models are discontinued so supplies are running out. I know my ET60 is no longer available anywhere.
post #192 of 271 Old 12-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.crouthamel View Post

I have a Samsung HW-F550 connected to the TC-L58E60. It works great with it, although I know others in this thread have said they have seen issues with audio lag.

I did also look at a Panasonic sound bar, but I liked the look of the Samsung Sound Bar better. It sits nicely on top of the TV stand, which in turn sits nicely on the swivel top I use to watch from multiple positions in the room.

How's the sound quality? I've read mostly so-so reviews of it.

Pilot episode of Big Bang......great episode.biggrin.gif
post #193 of 271 Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

How's the sound quality? I've read mostly so-so reviews of it.

Pilot episode of Big Bang......great episode.biggrin.gif

I'm satisfied with the sound quality. It's a soundbar after all, not some high end audio system. I've been told I don't listen very well anyway and my eyes tend to wander, so having a setup that is more visually appealing suits me best :-)

It was a bit bassy out of the box, but that can be easily fixed. The sound is certainly better than what the TV produces. I have all sources (blu-ray, cable) set to PCM. The soundbar itself is only capable of decoding basic signals (Dolby, DTS). My connection is via ARC and I like the fact that when I turn the TV on/off, it also turns the soundbar on/off.

It works for me smile.gif
post #194 of 271 Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Hey guys,

I have the TC-L50EM60 model and I'm trying to use the picture settings based on this http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/panasonic-viera-tc-l39em60-review/ review. They recommend mpeg nr be turned on, however on my menu setting, it's greyed out. I've heard mixed reports on whether or not it helps, but I do get quite a bit of noise/white spots/pixelation on dark scenes and I was hoping this might help clear it up. Anyone know of why I need to do in order to be able to access it? I recall it not not being greyed out when I first got the TV, so I'm not sure why it is now.

Thanks for your help!
post #195 of 271 Old 12-08-2013, 03:16 PM

Side angle viewing seems to be an issue with the le60, based on some reviews, but what about viewing from below? I sometimes like to sit on the floor in front of my tv which has me looking up at the screen at an angle of about 20-30 degrees. With my current LCD this washes things out pretty severely, and is damaging to already lacking blacks, but how would the le60 look from this angle?
post #196 of 271 Old 12-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Hey guys. Any thoughts on how to turn mpeg nr on?
post #197 of 271 Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Or, could my HDMI cable be causing the noise on the screen? It's the same cable I had attached to my LG television effort it was stolen and the picture was stellar on that.
post #198 of 271 Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp1311 View Post

Or, could my HDMI cable be causing the noise on the screen? It's the same cable I had attached to my LG television effort it was stolen and the picture was stellar on that.
I'm not sure. It shows up on my tv. Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

If you haven't in a while, there's a new update for the tv. I'm not sure what it does, but I just downloaded it. It's 2.727. Oddly it's not updated on the Panasonic website yet.
post #199 of 271 Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

I'm not sure. It shows up on my tv. Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

If you haven't in a while, there's a new update for the tv. I'm not sure what it does, but I just downloaded it. It's 2.727. Oddly it's not updated on the Panasonic website yet.

I'm going to try swapping out the cable this weekend. Hopefully it works. I have the non Internet version of the TV so I don't believe I can get updates to it.
post #200 of 271 Old 12-12-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp1311 View Post

I'm going to try swapping out the cable this weekend. Hopefully it works. I have the non Internet version of the TV so I don't believe I can get updates to it.
You actually can. You can go to the Support page on panasonic.com and download the update to a USB stick and plug into the tv. Although, I'm not sure where you would go to download it. It's worth a try though to see if it fixes the issue your having too.

I keep having an Input issue. I'm thinking it may be the HDMI cord itself though. Until my parents get their big bulky furniture out of my house I won't mess with it though.
post #201 of 271 Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 AM

Just picked up the 58LE64 from Costco. This set is replacing a 42" 720p Panasonic plasma in our living room. The plasma is going upstairs as my gaming TV.

Very happy with the set so far. Picture quality is darn good, but obviously I don't think it compares to a plasma. Everything on the plasma is just so rich. That said, I am very impressed with the black levels on this LCD. I watched some Pacific Rim last night and was pretty blown away by how well it looked. For all the complaints I've heard about the viewing angle, I think it needs to be pretty extreme to notice.

My only real complaints are as follows:

1) Some slight DSE. To be fair, I've yet to see an LCD without some.
2) the internal scaler doesn't seem to be as good as the plasma.
3) The white level is actually kinda ridiculously bright even after my own calibration. Going to have to play with the settings to find a good middle ground for late-night viewing.

Overall, for a set that costs $949 + tax I am extremely happy. We sit about 10' away from the TV so the 42" just wasn't cutting it anymore. This makes me feel like I'm actually at the movies.

For the gamers, this is a great set. Even after calibrating, I did make sure to put game mode on. Seems to give me nearly 1:1 controller lag.
post #202 of 271 Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Hello everyone. I am currently looking at this message board because I have always came to AVS in the past to get an idea about screens and panels before I purchase. Here is my history of TVs.

First TV I owned was a Samsung 46inch LCD, good screen, after a few years warrantied it out for an issue. The panel was replaced with a Samsung Touch of Color 46 inch which is still in use today, beautiful screen excellent colors, etc.

My next screen I purchased and still use is a Panasonic TC-P46ST30 Plasma. I love this panel, It is a bedroom TV and no issues with it.

I am currently looking for a new panel for a main room (that isn't used too much) but needs a TV in it. I have gone to my friends store with my xbox and my laptop and hooked both of them up to a TC-L50E60 and a TC-P50ST60. I have read through posts here and from my demo of my xbox and my laptop PC ( playing bluray mkv and other media) I was impressed with the TC-L50E60. I did not see much issues like posts here.

I played around with the settings on the set while gaming and playing media, taking noise reduction settings on and off, game mode on and off, motion settings on and off. I found games worked best with game mode OFF and motion setting set to medium. Games I did try were Batman arkham asylum (to test blacks) and Tomb Raider as well as Need for Speed Rivals to test fast motion and blur. I did not notice anything too negative about the panel to be honest. However I wanted to post my comment maybe to get some feedback from people that currently have the screen in their homes today.

The TC50ST60 was great as well, being a plasma owner I had to try gaming etc on the new panel, I was pleased with it.

The TC-L50E60 however looked really good for the price point ($1060 CDN out the door .. or $900 before taxes ) while the Plasma was $1370 out the door. I have owned LCD and Plasma so my thoughts were try the LED game. The price point was nice, and the picture was good for a TV that isn't going to have many hours on it.

I would love for anyone to post their own calibration settings on here, I noticed one post, but if anyone had the time to that would be wonderful.

I also noticed the firmware on Panny's website, not sure if any of you have flashed the new firmware, does it make a difference? here is the link for the firmware.....

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L50E60?t=downloads&support#tabs

Thank you everyone and look forward to hearing back :-)
post #203 of 271 Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 PM

I just picked one of these up. Is it odd that when I have 1080p/24 turned on on my ps3, the tv doesn't detect a signal, but when that setting is off, it plays? It seems like it shouldn't be a problem since it is 240 hz.
post #204 of 271 Old 12-15-2013, 11:19 AM

afaik the panel is 120hz, not 240.
post #205 of 271 Old 12-15-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibombz View Post

afaik the panel is 120hz, not 240.

It's 120 as I understand it, and it's 240 with the "Backlight scanning" technology.
post #206 of 271 Old 12-15-2013, 07:34 PM

Yes, I believe that is correct. My mistake. However, 120 hz televisions should be, from what I've gleaned on the internet, compatible with a 1080p/24 input as well. Any refresh rate that is a multiple of 24 should be able to do it, I believe.
post #207 of 271 Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 AM

I just bought a Panasonic TC-50LE64 at a local costco and i am having issues with flickering.

I have it directly connected to my satellite receiver which is a HD STB from Bell. Via HDMI I am getting an annoying screen flicker. If I connect through the COMPONENT connection no screen flicker but of course not as good of a way to enjoy my HDTV. Is their a chance my TV is bad or HDMI cable is bad? As I've used the same HDMI cable and input on my up old up-converting dvd player and it will play without any flicker. Is their a setting on my TV which I need to match with my HD STB or could it be a bad HDMI cable? I've attached a video showing the error flickering starts at 16 seconds in. Any insight will be greatly appreciated
post #208 of 271 Old 12-17-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Yes, I believe that is correct. My mistake. However, 120 hz televisions should be, from what I've gleaned on the internet, compatible with a 1080p/24 input as well. Any refresh rate that is a multiple of 24 should be able to do it, I believe.

1080/24 sent from my DVD player works fine on the TV.
post #209 of 271 Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by ids748 View Post

I just bought a Panasonic TC-50LE64 at a local costco and i am having issues with flickering.

I have it directly connected to my satellite receiver which is a HD STB from Bell. Via HDMI I am getting an annoying screen flicker. If I connect through the COMPONENT connection no screen flicker but of course not as good of a way to enjoy my HDTV. Is their a chance my TV is bad or HDMI cable is bad? As I've used the same HDMI cable and input on my up old up-converting dvd player and it will play without any flicker. Is their a setting on my TV which I need to match with my HD STB or could it be a bad HDMI cable? I've attached a video showing the error flickering starts at 16 seconds in. Any insight will be greatly appreciated

Could be a bad hdmi cable. Do you have a dvd player and are you having the same problem? I would first move the cable to a different hdmi port on the tv. If the trouble follows then change the cable. If problem still persists it could be a bad board on the tv or possible a problem with the satellite receiver.

WDTV Live SMP with 5TB HDD & KDLINKS 3.0 5Gbps 7 Ports Hub
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB
Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR
Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR
Technics SL-B20 Turntable
post #210 of 271 Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM

I tried out another HD STB box an HD PVR to be exact and my TV works now no problem. However when I take the HD box that was casuing flickering and connected it to an older HDTV (a panasonic 50pZ80 to be exact) it does not flicker like it does on my new tv? What gives here?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc L58e60 58 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Panasonic Tc L50e60 50 Inch Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - L50e60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page