Official 2013 Sony KDL-S990A Curved LED Owner's Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #391 of 394 Old 06-05-2015, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am waiting on my replacement exchange for the recertified one I just received a couple of weeks ago. The first one I received had some DSE on the left and right sides of the screen, clouding, and some dead pixels. Sent in some photos and was approved for an exchange. Luckily they had another recert to offer me. I have had quite a few different Sony models in the past and this has easily been the best I have ever found. That deep black panel is a game changer and I really believe the curved screen adds some depth to the 3d. I constantly compare it to my 65w950b and outside of off center viewing this set blows it away. My only pet peeve is how you cannot make picture adjustments while watching Netflix, my w950b allows it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 394 Old 06-05-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 1910
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post
I am waiting on my replacement exchange for the recertified one I just received a couple of weeks ago. The first one I received had some DSE on the left and right sides of the screen, clouding, and some dead pixels. Sent in some photos and was approved for an exchange. Luckily they had another recert to offer me. I have had quite a few different Sony models in the past and this has easily been the best I have ever found. That deep black panel is a game changer and I really believe the curved screen adds some depth to the 3d. I constantly compare it to my 65w950b and outside of off center viewing this set blows it away. My only pet peeve is how you cannot make picture adjustments while watching Netflix, my w950b allows it.
Let us know how this works out. I'd be surprised if you get one without at least some clouding.

The Netflix solution is Roku, Tivo, or a game console. The later is great choice because this set has some of the lowest (best) input lag on a TV you can buy.
post #393 of 394 Old 06-05-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Let us know how this works out. I'd be surprised if you get one without at least some clouding.

The Netflix solution is Roku, Tivo, or a game console. The later is great choice because this set has some of the lowest (best) input lag on a TV you can buy.

Thats actually been the solution I chose. The clouding would absolutely be the lesser of all evils for me. I can deal with clouding through bias lighting and/or local dimming.
post #394 of 394 Old Today, 07:10 PM

Had an update tonight. Anyone know anything about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl65s990a 65 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page