Sony introduces 3(three!) new 65 inches at IFA 2013 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
pyropat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A fews months ago i decided to wait instead of buying one of the last 65hx950. My idea at the time was that Sony would surely release a new 65 inches at IFA 2013.

Today, they release 3 of them!

65x850, a 4k without the speakers
65w850, a bigger version of the 55w900
65s990a, a curved full hd with speakers


Seems that my 55hx820 will move sooner than expected!!
pyropat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Newbie
 
grif82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Excited about this since I was about to pull the trigger on the 55W900 knowing that I really preferred a 60 or 65 inch model. Hopefully the new W850 has the input lag times to match the W802 and W900 for gaming use.
grif82 is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
DasRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyropat View Post

A fews months ago i decided to wait instead of buying one of the last 65hx950. My idea at the time was that Sony would surely release a new 65 inches at IFA 2013.

Today, they release 3 of them!

65x850, a 4k without the speakers
65w850, a bigger version of the 55w900
65s990a, a curved full hd with speakers


Seems that my 55hx820 will move sooner than expected!!

 

Oh yes, my wish has been granted!


Built a new home, now filling it with sights and sounds!
DasRaven is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Member
 
mjcxp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do any of these HDTVs have full array local dimming LED technology?
mjcxp is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
pyropat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcxp View Post

Do any of these HDTVs have full array local dimming LED technology?


Full array is not compatible with Trilluminous, but i may be wrong on this. FALD also makes banding more visible. If you read the HX950 thread several members sent back their set because of this.

Sony also release a new home theater projector with 4k and Trilluminous below 10 K$. at IFA 2013. 2 years ago they release a 4k projector for 25 000$. Last year, they release a 84 inches 4K for 25 000$

With the price cut on the 4k and the several 65 " available now, my guess is larger 4k and 4k/oled for next CES. 65" LED doesn't seems to be on the top of the Bravia line anymore.
pyropat is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Member
 
loader963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: VA USA
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif82 View Post

Excited about this since I was about to pull the trigger on the 55W900 knowing that I really preferred a 60 or 65 inch model. Hopefully the new W850 has the input lag times to match the W802 and W900 for gaming use.

Been in the same boat brother! I lost my mitsubishi 73" earlier this year and been so wishy washy going from the 70" 550a and the 55" w900. This fills the gap nicely as long as the lag is closer to the w900 than the 550a.

TV: Sony KDL-70R550a
AV: Sony DH740
Center: Polk CS2 Series 2
L/R: Polk Monitor 70 Series 2
Side/Rear Surrounds: Polk Monitor 40 Series 2
Sub-woofers: Polk PSW10 (x2)
loader963 is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
6athome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyropat View Post

Full array is not compatible with Trilluminous, but i may be wrong on this. FALD also makes banding more visible. If you read the HX950 thread several members sent back their set because of this.

Sony also release a new home theater projector with 4k and Trilluminous below 10 K$. at IFA 2013. 2 years ago they release a 4k projector for 25 000$. Last year, they release a 84 inches 4K for 25 000$

With the price cut on the 4k and the several 65 " available now, my guess is larger 4k and 4k/oled for next CES. 65" LED doesn't seems to be on the top of the Bravia line anymore.

Funny I have two FALD one from Samsung and LG they make banding a thing of the past. NO banding in FALD!
6athome is offline  
 

Tags
Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off