What tv is good now? - AVS Forum
LCD Flat Panel Displays > What tv is good now?
claudekennilol's Avatar claudekennilol 01:10 PM 09-05-2013
I'm looking into a tcp65vt60. Yes, I know it's a plasma, but I'm posting on the LCD forums to get some different input. I've never owned a plasma (could care less about it's energy consumption) and want to know what my other options are.

Budget is about $3000 USD (tcp65vt60 is 2700 right now, so that's a plus). I was hoping for something a bit larger, but I don't want a huge "cheap" tv. Any suggestions as to something else I should be looking into (or anyone here care to say that the tcp65vt60 is a great tv worth buying?) ?

claudekennilol's Avatar claudekennilol 08:14 AM 09-06-2013
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the vt60 since no one had any other suggestsions/input. Can't wait for it to arrive ^_^.
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 08:59 AM 09-06-2013
Good thing you're not impatient . . . eek.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Let us know how it works out for you smile.gif
claudekennilol's Avatar claudekennilol 11:21 AM 09-06-2013
Eh, I waited 5 months (since before they were available) and pretty much all of the comments about them (now that they're out and in peoples hands) are still positive. So with that, and the fact that this post fell off the first page without anyone jumping on me to look at "model x" I should be pretty happy with it. I'll definitely post some feedback.
*UFO*'s Avatar *UFO* 03:43 PM 09-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudekennilol View Post

Eh, I waited 5 months (since before they were available) and pretty much all of the comments about them (now that they're out and in peoples hands) are still positive. So with that, and the fact that this post fell off the first page without anyone jumping on me to look at "model x" I should be pretty happy with it. I'll definitely post some feedback.

Well you may have just purchased the best tv out right now (as far as picture quality) so enjoy.
sjlee's Avatar sjlee 04:01 PM 09-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

Well you may have just purchased the best tv out right now (as far as picture quality) so enjoy.

CNET gave the PVT60 series very high marks for picture quality...
Quote:
The Panasonic VT60 has one of the best pictures of any TV we've ever reviewed, and matches the best-ever in dark rooms.

They have the PZT60 series ranked higher, but only because it performs better in bright rooms. Both series look the same in darker conditions.
Up
Mobile  Desktop