I hope I finally have the right forum- Please help between these 2 TV's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I am very TV illiterate.
I still have a sony 27 inch CRT
I have given myself 2 weeks to make a decision and finally get this new TV I have been talking about getting for 5 years.

I have put it off again and again because I just do not understand all this new TV lingo.

My budget is about 1200.00 -1500.00 more if it makes a great difference and I need to do it.

I will be sitting about 9 feet from TV
I like sports and regular TV
Would like to be able to have smart in case I want it but probably wont use it right away. (Who knows)
Thinking LCD
No gaming
room is one window but with blinds so I do not think light is a problem
Like the idea of wifi.
I love my computer but like I said know nothing of new TV's
I do not have the best of hearing???smile.gif

Anyways , here are the two I have been looking at but am willing to listen to any advice because when i read these specs they do not mean too much to me.
I live in Canada, thus the higher prices.

http://www.sharp.ca/en-CA/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LEDTV/LEDTVs/LC52LE640U.aspx

from big box store at 1177.77 plus tax

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-video/tv/led/UN50F6300AFXZC-spec

from Costco: at 1492.49 plus tax

Any kind of help would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-07-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I would recommend you go with the Sharp...both sets have basically the same features, but the Sharp has a bigger screen and industry experts always recommend that you go with the largest screen you can afford. The TVs have very similar specifications; however, the Samsung has far more apps than the Sharp, though many of those you may never actually use. The Sharp Aquos Advantage Live feature is great...we have a 80" unit in our Board Room at work, and it's come in handy while setting up the TV. Everyone who's seen that TV loves the picture quality (we haven't had it professionally calibrated or anything like that). I got rid of my Samsung a few months ago, but I remember that it took just as long as the Sharp to complete a full scan for digital cable channels. Overall, I found the picture on the Sharp more pleasing than that of the Samsung...especially where flesh tones were concerned. I had the Samsung in my bedroom and found that the screen was very reflective, even at night with just one lamp on in the room. But despite being in a room with floor-to-ceiling windows on the left side of the TV, the image on the Sharp is completely unaffected by ambient lighting.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I say you get a bigger tv with your budget you afford a 70" why not look there
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page