Occasional PS3 HDMI Problem With LG 26LC55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Occasionally, when turning on my PS3 and switching to the HDMI channel on my LG 26LC55, the tuning is badly out, so that you can barely see the screen, although I still have sound.

I have tested this on multiple PS3s, and multiple high quality HDMI cables, and the problem remains.

Eventually, the problem goes away, but it continues to happen several times a day.

Strangely, when this happens, none of the buttons on the tv function - I can not change channel, change volume, or even turn the TV to standby. If I remove the HDMI cable from the back of the TV, the buttons start to function again.

Also, I have my TIVo box connected via HDMI to the same TV, and there is never a problem with this.

If I switch HDMI ports, so that the TIVo box is on HDMI2, and the PS3 on HDMI1, the problem remains - occasional problems tuning to PS3, TIVo box fine.

Any ides what might be causing the issue, and why even the standby button refuses to work when I am experiencing the problem?

In short - occasionally my LG 26LC55 has problems tuning to the HDMI channel that my PS3 is connected to, freezing out all buttons until the cable is removed. It only happens when tuning to PS3, not a TIVo box.

Many thanks. smile.gif

Tags
Playstation 3 80gb System