post #121 of 126 Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroadster158 View Post

Thanks! I forgot to mention I saw the 850 not far from the 900 and to my eyes I agree do not like the picture as much as the 900. Plus the Sony rep said all of the latest 900's are prepared for when they release HDMI 2.0. It will be a firmware update from there.

I had thought the 850's were as well.  No?  Besides, I'm a little concerned about something the BB employee said.  Words to the effect of "Sony requires us to show all our sets on Vivid".  A requirement?  That can't be right.  I understand BB wanting that for the floor, but what about for the BB/Mag rooms?  And by fiat from the manufacturer?  That doesn't sound right.

Well Vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, got one of these. I wonder how much longer before I get such a message...
You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Those are the words direct from the Sony reps mouth. He naturally does not agree. I even spoke to a rep direct when I called the Sony hotline. He agreed with that statement. I mentioned that lot of people disagree with that setting. It turned me off from originally buying the set. He said that their VP was in the office and was going to give him that feedback.
post #123 of 126 Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroadster158 View Post

Those are the words direct from the Sony reps mouth. He naturally does not agree. I even spoke to a rep direct when I called the Sony hotline. He agreed with that statement. I mentioned that lot of people disagree with that setting. It turned me off from originally buying the set. He said that their VP was in the office and was going to give him that feedback.

I don't know about the standalone Magnolia sites, but BB/Mag rooms are *very* dark.  I just can't *IMAGINE* that a BB/Mag agent worth a damn wouldn't go against the Sony wishes and quietly adjust the settings away from torch.

Well Vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, got one of these. I wonder how much longer before I get such a message...
You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #124 of 126 Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I don't know about the standalone Magnolia sites, but BB/Mag rooms are *very* dark.  I just can't *IMAGINE* that a BB/Mag agent worth a damn wouldn't go against the Sony wishes and quietly adjust the settings away from torch.
That's not true all BB in magnolia set there TV's on torch mode.
post #125 of 126 Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Absolutely! When I went to view the Sony 4k sets at my local Bestbuy/Magnolia about a month ago and I know for a fact that they did not have the 65X900a I saw on vivid. The manager told me they don't keep any of their sets in magnolia on vivid. It goes against the whole purpose of having a magnolia @ Bestbuy.
post #126 of 126 Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Figured it all out. You have to know how to set the Video Mode, and keep "Super Resolution" to get 4K always working via the Displayport Adapter.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page