After years of projectors, it's TV time... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm moving to a new apartment that has a ton of light that I can't block so after a decade or more of using projectors I'm in the market for a TV.

I have a nice little 7.1 system setup with a Pioneer VSX-1021 receiver and the following peripherals:
  • PS3
  • Tivo Series 3
  • Wii
  • Chromecast

That's what I'll be using the TV for. I don't really need a "Smart" TV because I have all of that covered with devices. Nor do I need audio output. What I'm looking for is something around 46"-50" in the $400-$700 range that will have excellent picture quality that I can optimize and supports at least 1080p. I also have to be careful about glossy screens because I can never completely block out outside light in the room.

That seems like no problem, but all of the TVs I'm looking for come with a bunch of crap I don't need and I wonder if I'm missing something. I don't really want/need 3D but wouldn't reject a TV because of it. I'd like to get the best possible display for the money and would appreciate any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc123 View Post

That seems like no problem, but all of the TVs I'm looking for come with a bunch of crap I don't need and I wonder if I'm missing something.

Not really. Smart TVs are in vogue, so that's going to be the majority now. There's going to be a ton of overlap in apps and such because all the other peripherals come with many of the same ones (everyone wants Netflix, etc.)

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yeah, that's what I was thinking would be the case. Just FYI - I'm open to plasma's as well if they are in that price range.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page