why does my new UN60F7100 clamp down in dark scenes ONLY on my Video On Demand Channels- ie: AMC,Showtime etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have asked many times, the only response was "it's my dynamic contrast that is set on high", saying THAT was the problem, as it's doing "what it is supposed to do". NO WAY!!! I have shut it off and it STILL does it, exactly the same way- but ONLY on my VOD channels (maybe the cable's compression settings for VOD is the problem?) It happens In dark scenes- the TV adjusts FURTHER down to an almost all black picture- you loose all detail, and it's so dark and muddy you can barley see it- MY SETTINGS SEEM NORMAL AND IT ONLY HAPPENS ON VOD CHANNELS. What settings could be causing this?. I hate to have to adjust the brightness up, and blacks up only when I watch VOD. Someone please!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 AM

Liked: 17
Issit the dimming feature? Try changing pic settings to movie mode.

Should consider posting in the thread entitled Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread which is probably the most informative thread pertaining to the F7100 series in the world.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

congster- ok thanks- I will post there- I'm not sure if I like the movie mode for TV watching but you gave me an idea? I have a setting for movie already for movie watching that I like and I guess I can use that for VOD viewing. I always thought the micro dimming has something to do with this- I thought it was always on?? is it NOT on in movie mode huh?? is there any way to get it off (if you think it's this) in the standard mode? Wouldnt the issue be the way the cables send vod (compression??) is there a way around that issue?
post #4 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 AM

Liked: 17
I understand the auto micro dimming is off only in movie mode. Possible to use different movie modes for different sources I think. Why not give it a try and see if it works out? If it doesn't you can always switch back.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Sure, I will give it a try today when I get home- I know you can have different settings (I have that now) but how can you have 2 movie modes? one for movies and one for vod?? is that possible? because as far as I know when I hit cable(hdmi1) for my TV viewing on the box, you can only have one- I have standard? also- what's the logic on it maybe being the micro dimming?? what exactly does that do anyway? would it do what is happening here?? dimming the pix darker in an already dark scene??.. thanks for the advice
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page