40" Samsung or 42" Panasonic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I'm currently in the market for a 40-42" TV for the bedroom and can't decide between the Samsung UN40F6300 and the Panasonic TC-l42e60. I just went to Sears to go look at the two side-by-side and it was near impossible for me to compare the two! Yes, the Samsung's colors had more "pop" but I'm almost certain it's because the backlight/brightness was set VERY high in comparison to the Panasonic. Aside from the more vibrant colors on the Samsung I couldn't tell much difference between the two sets. I was wondering if anyone could chime in here. I can get both for a difference of $20 so the price difference is unimportant. What I do want to know is which you guys think has the better picture quality; will be watching a lot of Blu-ray movies, some Netflix/Hulu, sports, and some gaming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Forgot to mention that my room isn't the best in terms of lighting;natural light coming in from windows could potentially be a problem and I read that the F6300 has a "semi-matte" finish while the E60 has a matte finish. Will this make a difference in a semi-bright room?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 11:42 PM

Liked: 12
I recently purchased the Samsung and have been very happy with it. I can't comment on window lighting I have a basement bedroom but the screen is very shiny/glossy looking. I thought this might create some glare but it looks fine when the screen is on. Cnet and other sites have given the 6300 series great reviews so I would go with it. I am just debating about swapping mine for the 46 inch version. 40 inches is probably the right size but I think I will be keeping it a long time so I don't want to regret it later.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40f6300 40 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Panasonic Tc L42e60 42 Inch 1080p 120hz Smart Led Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc L42e3 42 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page