Vizio M-Series M501d-A2R line across the top of the screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my second of this unit because the first had dead pixels. Now I got this one home today after I checked it out at the store and I see this clear line across the top of the unit and their a 4 inch wide darker lines in that line. They are perfectly spaced. Please see the picture. Is this normal or a defect?

It kind of hard to see in the picture but you can see the clear line and their are 4 parts of the line that are darker like in the picture. I think the line in general is normal but the "tabs" are not correct me if I am wrong!

Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Slight underscan is my guess not usually normal at least on any of my sets .

I would see if it was not my source causing it ?
Picture size/mode /zoom settings on cable/ sat remote? or TV remote ?
Have you tried native ,pixel map or 1 x1 pixel settings (picture size) on TV remote ?
I'm assuming you have HD signal ofc.

OTOH the service menu in TV *should have * overscan /underscan adjustments usually very simple adjustment.
If you go in service manual be careful you can brick your set in there if you get unlucky and hit something it does not like . don't know Vizio service menu access codes should be on the web or maybe here somewhere.
Vizio should be able to send a tech out to do that also.

Don't forget a thumbs up if this has been helpful for you!

You can only help those that want to be helped and leave the rest alone !

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #3 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
On all inputs and I tried all the screen sizes. I am unable to move the screen position either because they are both greyed out on all inputs. I have never seen anything like this!
post #4 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Greyed out HDMI also? if so I would get a new set unless a setting was off ofc. *normally everything*should be avail there.on HDMI Do you have energy saver/eco settings enabled /(that is usual default setting) is set still in store mode , try a factory reset maybe and start over? , sounds like might be haywire though ?.

If I had 2 faulty ones in a row I would be hard pressed to get another one of the same brand just saying unless it's just an adjustment even that should not be needed on HDMI source

Years ago I bought an RCA looked real good in the store the one I got was pushing green no matter what flesh tones were slightly off took it back paid more for a Sony
A few years later I got another bigger Sony and put that one in another room I had that set for 14yrs no probs the other one for 10 yrs .. Now I have a Toshiba and a Sammy Plasma If Toshiba had Plasma would have bought it.Toshiba has great picture . I've had Toshiba before also good stuff.IMO. Toshiba or Sony are usually my (other than plasma) preferred brands

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the exact same issue with my 50' set. Nothing in the picture settings can fix this because it is a physical problem. I believe those tabs are part of the screen pattern retarder layer of the screen. Its just sloppy manufacturing. That layer with the tabs was not lined up high enough or something. I ended up returning my set
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M501d A2r 50 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - M501d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page