TV Size Viewing Distance Chart (Toshiba) min. + recc. + max. distance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 364
.TV Size Viewing Distance Chart (Toshiba) Found This chart at Toshiba website
Quote:
Seat-to-Screen Viewing Distance
Individual preferences may differ, but to find the best viewing distance we recommend starting with industry standards, which call for multiplying the TV screen size by 1.2 (min distance) and 1.9 (max distance). Then divide the result by 12 to get the right number of feet. For instance, the best distance for a 55” set would be approximately 5.45, or about 5.5 feet.
http://us.toshiba.com/tv/research-center/shopping-guides/recommended-tv-viewing-distance
Click on image to enlarge

Found This chart at Toshiba website

Don't forget a thumbs up if this has been helpful for you!
ncitro, tlwiz1 and snorge like this.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thanks, I've seen similar charts but that is a pretty nice one. I still can't decide whether to keep my 40 inch or exchange for a 46 for my bedroom. The 40 inch seems right but months down the road I don't want to feel I should have gone bigger. I can't afford to buy new tvs often.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-23-2013, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 364
snorge

I hear ya I bought a 32" for my bedroom 7 mo ago now i'm wanting a 42-46" but I would like to get another Toshiba other than that it would have to be a Sony

I figure a lot of the regular members like yourself know about size charts and all but the newbies keep asking what size they should get this way we just point them here! I think maybe I'll tell ask the next one how big his wall is and when he tells me i'll just say well that's your size then biggrin.gif
I'm getting to be a believer in the old saying "you can't go to big" heck I might even put a 50 in here!

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page