Forum Jump: 
post #4351 of 4362 Old 08-25-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungHeat View Post
Hello everyone I have a delima I want to mount my tv but I want to hide my cords within the wall I believe the only cords I need to run threw the wall are 1 hdmi cable ( being that all of my components will run threw my RECIEVER) and the power cord for the tv so just those two cords am I on the right track I want to plug my tv into my conditioner wich is on my stand underneath it is the how long is the power cord my tv will be here soon so I wonder if it will be long enough to reach the conditioner and do I only need two run those twi cords and do I just leave the holes in the wall or is there something to cover it hope this makes sense

This is what most on this forum use.
http://www.powerbridgesolution.com/avsspecialorder.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4362 Unread 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by newerakb View Post
Anyone else having network problems with theirs? Mine was working fine the first few months, then last month all of a sudden I can't open apps anymore. When I try to open any app, it goes through the "Acquiring Internet Content" process, succeeds, and tells me that the content was updated and to run my app again. When I run the app it starts back over with the "Acquiring Internet Content" again. Over and over.

Sometimes I get an "Application cannot be launched because of server problems" error as well, but I can't find much info on that error anywhere.

The connection itself is fine. I can connect to my network over wireless or wired, get an IP, see my PC files on the network, etc. When I try to update the tv software it tells me no update is available. There is absolutely no indication at all that there is a connection problem, other than the inability to start up any apps like Netflix, Amazon, MLB.TV, etc.
I don't use the apps very much but have the same basic problem since the last update (or so it seems), have wifi signal but no internet, rebooted the router and then it worked. Two days later...repeat..?? Everything else works fine on router
post #4353 of 4362 Unread 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
no input from users on this settings?
I use clear for cable HD and standard for blu ray with WS settings but slightly twicked in standard for both, I do not use vivid or custom at all.
post #4354 of 4362 Unread 08-25-2014, 04:02 PM

Liked: 26
I rarely use the apps, either, but I just did a quick check of Crackle and Amazon Video. Both of them worked fine on my system.
post #4355 of 4362 Unread 08-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna View Post
I don't use the apps very much but have the same basic problem since the last update (or so it seems), have wifi signal but no internet, rebooted the router and then it worked. Two days later...repeat..?? Everything else works fine on router
I used the WiFi on my earlier Panasonic Plasma this set replaced. I got tired of having to reboot the router each time I wanted to play a music video using the youtube app. I decided to replace the WiFi with a cat-5 cable made by Onn. The 25 foot thin gray cable didn't cost much at all from Walmart. Now the youtube and other apps are their anytime I want to use them.
post #4356 of 4362 Unread 08-26-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 232
It's strange on how so many people are having issues using the app's on their W850. So far I have had zero issues using my app's on my W900 and my internet aint the best at time's in my home. And my W9 has the latest firmware update.
post #4357 of 4362 Unread 08-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Here is a incredible view inside a modern microchip.

Today's microchips contain millions of transistors compared to TI's first back in 1965 which contained about 25 transistors. Advancing nano technology has boosted the electronic industry. Now I can see how they can manufacture a complex 4K screen with maybe billions of microscopic transistors behind it to make the pixels operate.

Not only are these microchips getting faster and more efficient, but they also run somewhat cooler and use less power.

steve1971 likes this.
post #4358 of 4362 Unread 08-26-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post
Here is a incredible view inside a modern microchip.

Today's microchips contain millions of transistors compared to TI's first back in 1965 which contained about 25 transistors. Advancing nano technology has boosted the electronic industry. Now I can see how they can manufacture a complex 4K screen with maybe billions of microscopic transistors behind it to make the pixels operate.

Not only are these microchips getting faster and more efficient, but they also run somewhat cooler and use less power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxv3JoS1uY8

Cool video WS. I wonder how many of these microchips are in our TV's? Interesting.
WhiteSands likes this.
post #4359 of 4362 Unread 08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBetaGuy View Post
I rarely use the apps, either, but I just did a quick check of Crackle and Amazon Video. Both of them worked fine on my system.

I do t use apps either. Between fire tv and my Xbox one, there is no need for me

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV 
Denon AVR-2113CI
Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts)
Polk Monitor 50's (Rears)
Polk CS2 (Center)
Acoustech PL-200
post #4360 of 4362 Unread 08-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I use the Youtube app fairly frequently, enough so that I realized it was simpler to move my chromecast to the bedroom TV which made my wife incredibly happy (she was previously watching Netflix on her laptop).
post #4361 of 4362 Unread Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Managed to buy the tv for 1500 at Fry's, their in store price was lower than their online price. Thanks whitesands for the settings.
post #4362 of 4362 Unread Today, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
It's strange on how so many people are having issues using the app's on their W850. So far I have had zero issues using my app's on my W900 and my internet aint the best at time's in my home. And my W9 has the latest firmware update.
The app's on my 850A have worked flawlessly since day one. I have Comcast Cables and I'm using wifi in my living room.

Hey WhiteSands - how many people have you helped with your settings so far?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread