Sony 65W850a reviews - Page 148 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4411 of 4414 Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
WhiteSand settings.

These are my Standard. Vivid and Custom picture-mode settings I use to get the deep blacks and great colors on my set. I try to keep my set as close to the factory settings as I can. Make sure you do these first two settings in blue first.

Scene Selection, sets to General.....This prevents the TV from auto switching off of your Vivid or Standard settings.

Setting Memory, sets to Common....The settings will be used on all inputs like your blu-ray player and cable box.

PICTURE MODE - STANDARD

Do the Reset here, if you have changed these settings before. Then do these two settings below. All other Standard and Advanced settings are default.

Backlight, set to Max......This one step really brings up the picture quality and color.

Color Temperature - set to Neutral (that's it for standard)

PICTURE MODE - VIVID only 3-settings below

Do the Reset again here if needed. All other Vivid settings are default.

Backlight...set this to 7.

Color, sets to 57

Sharpness, sets to 50

whitesands

Picture Mode - CUSTOM...7 settings below

Do the Reset here to put your settings back to default.

Backlight - Max

Picture - Max

Color - 60

Color Temperature - Neutral

Reality Creation - Auto

Motionflow - Standard

Cine Motion - Auto

Do this by opening the Audio controls by Options or Home, Settings and choose Sound.

The default is Standard, I leave that as is.

Open the Equalizer and move all the frequency's up to the top.
__________________________________________________ _

You can increase your 3D performance big time. 3D looks good on this set anyway.

Put in a 3D disk and start the movie. While it's playing go to Home, Settings, Preferences and open 3D.

On the 3D glassed brightness setting, set this to Full.

Now in 3D you will see normally bright and vivid colors unlike you have never seen before. This set beats out any 3D movie I have seen in the theaters by far.

If you think it's to bright wearing the glasses, then move this setting back to default.

whitesands

Cnet's Noise Filters to Off settings.

These are said to improve your picture and any possible banding you may see during ice hockey games. You might want to wait a few weeks to do these just to see if any picture changes for the better.

The Cnet people sent out a news bulletin a few weeks ago. Consumer Reports also included a similar article in their magazine on how to improve your TV picture.

The article said that turning off these noise filters will give you a better picture.

You might want to wait a few weeks after putting in my other settings.

Carefully turn these to Off below on each of the 3 Picture Modes - Vivid, Standard and Custom.

Noise Reduction,

MPEG Noise Reduction,

DOT Noise Reduction,

Video Area Detect,

Smooth Gradation.

Leave Cine Motion set to Auto which is default.

It's important to leave Reality Creation set to Auto and 'Motionflow to Standard' which is default and works great, especially during pro football games.

I can't see much picture improvement as the set already looks fantastic. This noise to Off looks to have eliminated the little bit of banding I was seeing during some fast panning Ice Hockey games.

My set is now over 7 months old and looks a lot better then when it was new.

If you have questions please PM me and I will try my best to help you.

whitesands Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 4414 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Alright, I have a problem that's been happening the last 3 days and it's really starting to piss me off. It only happens when I use the youtube app but I use that a lot hence my mounting frustration. Basically what happens is I'll be playing a video for a few minutes then all of a sudden youtube freezes and seconds later the TV reboots. This happens EVERYTIME I'm using the app, without fail. On the really special occasions I will get the infamous red blinking light (8 times) and the TV stays turned off instead of rebooting. I unplug it for a minute and turn it back on and everything is back to normal. That is until I go to youtube and the crashing starts all over again. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
post #4413 of 4414 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroundTheTV View Post
It only happens when I use the youtube app but I use that a lot hence my mounting frustration. Basically what happens is I'll be playing a video for a few minutes then all of a sudden youtube freezes and seconds later the TV reboots. This happens EVERYTIME I'm using the app, without fail.
I don't seem to have that problem. My W850A is connected via a wired ethernet cable. Are you using wireless?
post #4414 of 4414 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
I don't seem to have that problem. My W850A is connected via a wired ethernet cable. Are you using wireless?
Yes, I'm using wireless but I don't see how that would have any effect on my TV shutting off. It seems to me like the TV is trying to do too much and simply can't handle it or a much needed firmware patch for youtube needs to be up updated. Anyone else have this problem?

In the meantime I'll hard wire it and see if it happens again.

Last edited by AroundTheTV; Today at 04:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page