Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

I have the same exact problem, and have been saying this from day one - every motion setting on the 850 introduces artifacts.. watching skyfall and even animated toons like despicable me on blu-ray have borderline annoying (smooth motion flow setting being the worst).. turning motion enhancements off made the picture look numb (don't know how else to describe it). This was really why i was complaining, i feel like motion processing has come nowhere in the past 5 years since my last 120 hz samsung set. Note i've had 2 850s personally, and have viewed multiple (assuming calibrated) sets in magnolias at best buy - all had similar issues, the w900 on the other hand did a much better job in handling motion blur.

Ditto to what esdeezy, my sisters hx850 was just awesome no motion blur problems whatsoever but i guess its because that set is 240hz (comparable to the w900); really wish they made a 65in 240hz set - id be willing to pay the extra $ for it.

Wow, finally someone who see's what I see. Could it be our sets is from a defective batch? I'm going to go look at demo display units this week before I go through the hassle of exchanging my set.

I upgraded from a HX850 so I instantly noticed the motionflow video processing right away. The HX850 is an amazing TV, only reason I replaced it because 55" just isn't cutting it for movies in the main room anymore.

As happy I am with the 65w850a, the extra 10" makes a huge difference for viewing pleasure but the motionflow video processing and black levels are inferior to my previous set. I agree with you on the 65" 240hz set, the w900a in 65" version would have been awesome!

Well the good news is I hate the SOE, I leave motionflow off and no more blocks. And I finally got my netflix settings to stay with the motionflow off so all is well I guess. Netflix is now watchable. 

My set does have vertical banding/clouds when the screen is black. It doesn't really bother me much because I only notice it on all black screen but I can't help to think should I just exchange for a new set anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdeezy View Post

Wow, finally someone who see's what I see. Could it be our sets is from a defective batch? I'm going to go look at demo display units this week before I go through the hassle of exchanging my set.

I upgraded from a HX850 so I instantly noticed the motionflow video processing right away. The HX850 is an amazing TV, only reason I replaced it because 55" just isn't cutting it for movies in the main room anymore.

As happy I am with the 65w850a, the extra 10" makes a huge difference for viewing pleasure but the motionflow video processing and black levels are inferior to my previous set. I agree with you on the 65" 240hz set, the w900a in 65" version would have been awesome!

Well the good news is I hate the SOE, I leave motionflow off and no more blocks. And I finally got my netflix settings to stay with the motionflow off so all is well I guess. Netflix is now watchable. 

My set does have vertical banding/clouds when the screen is black. It doesn't really bother me much because I only notice it on all black screen but I can't help to think should I just exchange for a new set anyway.

A good method to figure out if it is a batch problem is to share your serial numbers and date of manufacture. This would be interesting to see.

I just got my w850 on 12-31 so I am just getting started observing this set. I am coming from a 8 year old Sony Plasma so time will tell. Thanks.
post #543 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Once I get home from the holidays ill look into the serial number / date. Considering I've seen the set in 2 diff states from 3 diff magnolias I doubt they were all from the same batch. I really just think some people are more weary to seeing this type of video processing problem.

With its deficiencies it still handles motion flow better than even the 8000 Samsung led flagship which is true 240hz. But better doesn't mean it's flawless - really only flawless led sets I've seen have been the hx850 and the w900.

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
post #544 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi everyone, the first review for the european version of the 65W850 is online.
It is in dutch, but you should be able translate it using google translate:

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/5082/sony-bravia-w805-w55-en-w905-tv-review-high-end-full-hd

The black levels and contrast are really good, just check this comparison table that resulted from the test:

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/5082/7/sony-bravia-w805-w55-en-w905-tv-review-high-end-full-hd-vergelijkingstabel
post #545 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudboek View Post

Hi everyone, the first review for the european version of the 65W850 is online.
It is in dutch, but you should be able translate it using google translate:

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/5082/sony-bravia-w805-w55-en-w905-tv-review-high-end-full-hd

The black levels and contrast are really good, just check this comparison table that resulted from the test:

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/5082/7/sony-bravia-w805-w55-en-w905-tv-review-high-end-full-hd-vergelijkingstabel

Their tests are complete garbage. Extremely inaccurate testing done here.
post #546 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Liked: 15
Ok, would you care to share your arguments?
post #547 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudboek View Post

Ok, would you care to share your arguments?

They claim the w850 has twice the contrast ratio as the w900. You don't need a meter to see that the w900 produces a picture with much deeper contrast than the w850.
post #548 of 4340 Old 01-02-2014, 05:13 PM

Liked: 18
Thank you for the reply. I have a HTC DNA and can't get it to work. Any other thoughts from owner would be great, since I am trying to help a friend that wanted to specifically use these features.

RickyU
post #549 of 4340 Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by acermen1212 View Post

A good method to figure out if it is a batch problem is to share your serial numbers and date of manufacture. This would be interesting to see.

I just got my w850 on 12-31 so I am just getting started observing this set. I am coming from a 8 year old Sony Plasma so time will tell. Thanks.

Ser. No. 6600554   Manufacture date October 2013 - issues vertical lines banding issues on black screen. smooth - setting motion flow creates macroblocking artifacts pixelation.

post #550 of 4340 Old 01-03-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Ser. No. 6600554   Manufacture date October 2013 - issues vertical lines banding issues on black screen. smooth - setting motion flow creates macroblocking artifacts pixelation.

What type of scenes do these issues come up. Is it all the time or just specific type of scenes. Is it just cable or blue ray?

On my set I get artifacts blocking when there is a lot of red and fast motion on a cable. I believe this is the cable issue since my 50 inch plasma does it also nut it is more noticeable because the new tv is 65 inches and the plasma is 50 inches. Thanks.
post #551 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:

I never have seen any banding or clouding on my set now for the over 3 months I have owned it. If I were you I would try different sources of picture input for comparison. See if it does it with the blu-ray player from your regular source of TV from Cable-TV, Fios, Dish or Direct TV. Another would be to connect a outdoor TV antenna if it's easily available. If you see the banding or clouding on one source and not the other the problem would be the source and not the TV.

If these settings using Vivid below don't clear your black picture banding and clouding I would suggest having Sony replace the set.

I stopped using my last posted picture-mode settings. Even though using a calibration disk they were still to dark for me. I went back to Picture Mode, Vivid and touched up a few of the default settings to make a great picture. I much prefer Vivid with the backlight set to 5, 6 or 7 to make a excellent picture.

The factory default settings are in 'black', my settings are in 'blue'.

Scene Select - Auto General

Setting Memory - Common (all inputs)

Picture Mode - VIVID

Backlight - Max Set to 5, 6, 7 or 8 for brightness and your best picture quality.

Picture - Max

Brightness - 50 (default) best for deep blacks

Color - 60

Hue - 0

Color Temp - Cool

Sharpness - 75 change to 50

MPEG Noise Reduction -AUTO

DOT Noise Reduction - AUTO

Reality Creation - - - -AUTO

Video Area Detection - OFF

Noise Filtering - - - - - -25 (grayed out)

Smooth Gradation -LOW set to OFF

Motionflow - Standard set to OFF

Cine Motion - AUTO set to OFF
post #552 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 09:11 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

They claim the w850 has twice the contrast ratio as the w900. You don't need a meter to see that the w900 produces a picture with much deeper contrast than the w850.

That's odd.  I thought the W850 and W900 picture looked remarkably similar.  I'd actually be very surprised if the W900 had a measured contrast ratio higher than the W850.  I know you're a huge fan of the W900 and it is a great TV but I personally think you wildly overstate it's superiority to the W850.

DaverJ likes this.
post #553 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post

jlukes-Yeah I did check out your settings as well. Similar to MakDonald's settings. Only change I made of MakDonald's settings is that I have Colour Temp to Neutral as I like the whites more than the tan/yellowish look to the pictures.

I have also tired WhiteSands' setup as well.

The winter classic hockey feed isn't the best to see the blurred ads on the boards as the colours are not as vivid to a game being played indoors.

JackBurton1986 what settings are you using on your set?

redevil,

My settings are very boring and barely different from what comes stock.

Screen Select:  Auto (24p Sync)

Picture Mode:  Standard

Color:  59 vs 60 (stock setting)

Motionflow:  Standard

CineMotion:  Auto

Everything else is pretty much the stock settings.  Every now and then I play with the Motionflow settings but other than changing the brightness of the TV I don't notice much difference between them.  Standard, Smooth, and Off have the brightness level that I like.  The only time I've noticed a big difference in motion handling qualities between them was when I was watching the Chick Fil A bowl a couple days ago and occasionally the score crawler at the bottom of the screen would get sticky when I was watching using Standard Motionflow but when switched to Off it was always smooth.  What's funny is the game play always looked super smooth under both settings.  Never any judder or sticking or macroblocking, etc.

post #554 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton1986 View Post

That's odd.  I thought the W850 and W900 picture looked remarkably similar.  I'd actually be very surprised if the W900 had a measured contrast ratio higher than the W850.  I know you're a huge fan of the W900 and it is a great TV but I personally think you wildly overstate it's superiority to the W850.

Im not a "huge fan" of the w900a. It is good for what it is, but in all honesty I am not a fan of LCD tech. The w900a however is truly a superior to the w850a in all ways but size. There is a reason why they didn't name the w850a part of the w900a. I have done extensive testing between the w850a and w900a side-by-side and there is no comparison. You can turn live color off on the w900a and live color on high for the w850a and the w900a will still have a deeper picture. There is also a major problem with the w850a that no one seems to mention, and that is picture processing. If you look closely, you will notice that even with motion smoothing completely off, moving images such as white letters on top of a blue background become extremely pixelated. Then if you turn on motion smoothing, it gets 10x worse. I wanted the w850a to be amazing because I need a dedicated gaming tv that has low input lag and is 65". The w900a is tiny, and I don't even use it anymore because of this. I am back to using my 60" plasma until a decent 65" set comes out.
post #555 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Liked: 10
post #556 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Is the customer reviews from amazon for real? 16 reviewers of 17, gives 5 stars!

post #557 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Im not a "huge fan" of the w900a. It is good for what it is, but in all honesty I am not a fan of LCD tech. The w900a however is truly a superior to the w850a in all ways but size. There is a reason why they didn't name the w850a part of the w900a. I have done extensive testing between the w850a and w900a side-by-side and there is no comparison. You can turn live color off on the w900a and live color on high for the w850a and the w900a will still have a deeper picture. There is also a major problem with the w850a that no one seems to mention, and that is picture processing. If you look closely, you will notice that even with motion smoothing completely off, moving images such as white letters on top of a blue background become extremely pixelated. Then if you turn on motion smoothing, it gets 10x worse. I wanted the w850a to be amazing because I need a dedicated gaming tv that has low input lag and is 65". The w900a is tiny, and I don't even use it anymore because of this. I am back to using my 60" plasma until a decent 65" set comes out.

I agree with you on plasma versus LCD.  In a lot of ways I just plain prefer a plasma picture to LCD.  Unfortunately, plasma image retention and burn-in were a deal killer for me after going through two Panasonic ST60's that both quickly developed permanent burned in images that made them unwatchable in my opinion.  I went with LCD because I got sick of returning plasma TV's and its resilience to burn-in is very good.  What I liked about the Triluminous display Sony's was that there were similarities to plasma that I had never seen in an LCD screen before.  The deep blacks and rich colors without being sickeningly bright as many LCD TV's truly impressed me.

I don't have a W850A and W900A sitting side by side in my house to be able to constantly compare them.  From what you're describing, it sounds like you have them both in your house?  I wish I were so lucky as I'd love to have the 55" W900A for my spare bedroom to replace my ancient CRT TV.

I did compare them for about 1/2 hour in Best Buy one day though and honestly they looked remarkably similar to me.  I do think the W900A must have been set to "warm" or though because the whites weren't as cool white as they were on the W850A.  The W900A also had a dimpled look to the finish of the screen when you looked at it from the side that I didn't like but the picture, definition, and color were essentially identical to the W850A.  I don't really care what number designation Sony uses to identify their TV's (850 series vs 900 series).  What matters to me is how well they perform.  In that sense their $4,000 4K set didn't look any better to me than the 850 or 900 showing 1080 content even though it's a higher series in their line.

Can you tell me where I can tune in to see moving white letters on a blue background?  Is that the colors used for the crawler on a news station or something?  I want to check it out because I've never even seen pixilation on this TV unless I was watching 480 content or something awful like that.

So far the only "flaws" I've noted are:

- faint vertical banding on some hard panning shots against a light colored background (I always use the Premiere League soccer zoom out panning shot as an example).  This is not unique to the W850A though, it's very characteristic of LCD and if you look hard enough you'll see it in nearly every LCD set out there.

- screen uniformity - including faint vinetting on the sides of the TV and against a white or sky blue background you can see some ever so slightly darker streaks running vertically down the screen.  This is different from the vertical banding because I can see it on fixed background scenes not just panning shots.  Again, screen uniformity seems to be the biggest weakness in LCD tech, especially the edge lit stuff.  Full array micro dimming sets solved some of these issues but introduced other problems so they are largely becoming extinct in the industry.

In your case I think you made the right decision to continue watching your plasma set until something better comes along.  If you don't like LCD then you don't like LCD simple as that.  In another 5 years we may all be watching 65" OLED TV's although from what I've read there are still some issues with that technology as well.

post #558 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Im not a "huge fan" of the w900a. It is good for what it is, but in all honesty I am not a fan of LCD tech. The w900a however is truly a superior to the w850a in all ways but size. There is a reason why they didn't name the w850a part of the w900a. I have done extensive testing between the w850a and w900a side-by-side and there is no comparison. You can turn live color off on the w900a and live color on high for the w850a and the w900a will still have a deeper picture. There is also a major problem with the w850a that no one seems to mention, and that is picture processing. If you look closely, you will notice that even with motion smoothing completely off, moving images such as white letters on top of a blue background become extremely pixelated. Then if you turn on motion smoothing, it gets 10x worse. I wanted the w850a to be amazing because I need a dedicated gaming tv that has low input lag and is 65". The w900a is tiny, and I don't even use it anymore because of this. I am back to using my 60" plasma until a decent 65" set comes out

UFO Thanks for all that extensive research. Sounds like you need to be in a plasma forum.. Most of the owners in this forum are well aware of your views RE the w850; and you have made your points multiple times. Since there are great deals available in 65" plasmas that you state are so much better, you should endeavor to purchase one and post in those arenas where owners may be more attuned to your views.
Cayloe likes this.
post #559 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

A good scene to view the issue I am talking about would be the opening disney castle that has the white arch moving across the castle. I guess I should not have said I dont like LCD tech, but rather current LCD tech is disappointing. I have a 1440p samsung PLS monitor and it is amazing. The viewing angles are excellent and the colors are extremely vivid. Why they can't make a TV with PLS tech is beyond me. All the benefits of IPS with higher contrast. Add true local dimming and were in business. biggrin.gif
post #560 of 4340 Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:

redevil,

Everything else is pretty much the stock settings.  Every now and then I play with the Motionflow settings but other than changing the brightness of the TV I don't notice much difference between them.  Standard, Smooth, and Off have the brightness level that I like.  The only time I've noticed a big difference in motion handling qualities between them was when I was watching the Chick Fil A bowl a couple days ago and occasionally the score crawler at the bottom of the screen would get sticky when I was watching using Standard Motionflow but when switched to Off it was always smooth.  What's funny is the game play always looked super smooth under both settings.  Never any judder or sticking or macroblocking, etc.

When I use standard for motion flow I get the soup opera effect which I do not like. The only settings I can tolerate is OFF or CLEAR, CLEAR PLUS is too dark, I use general for Screen Select.. What does Cine Motion really do? I usually turn it off?
Why do you use Auto 24 as appose to just Auto?

Thanks for your help.
post #561 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Liked: 16
D5xQi5

Mine(us vpn) n66u is only on 5GHz to reduce interference with my main router daisy chained to it.

post #562 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acermen1212 View Post

When I use standard for motion flow I get the soup opera effect which I do not like. The only settings I can tolerate is OFF or CLEAR, CLEAR PLUS is too dark, I use general for Screen Select.. What does Cine Motion really do? I usually turn it off?
Why do you use Auto 24 as appose to just Auto?

Thanks for your help.

I know a lot of guys are really sensitive to soap opera effect.  For some reason though I don't see a big difference between standard and off when viewing good 1080 content but obviously many do.  I'm certainly not a fan of the sterile video quality of daytime soap operas so if it was causing the programing that I watch to do that I'd ditch it immediately.  As I was saying before the one place I notice a flaw with the Standard Motionflow setting is the crawlers on sports programs.  Sometimes it makes them judder but I've never noticed it to make the action on the field to judder.  I think what the manufacturer's are trying to due with motion smoothing is a tough balance.  They need enough motion blur to make movement look natural but not so much that it's unnatural.

I don't know what the technical difference between CineMotion and Motionflow is.  Somehow CineMotion is supposed to be optimized for movies so I'm guessing it has to do with many movies being filmed at a relatively "slow" 24 fps frame rate as opposed to 30 fps and higher for TV shows, news networks, etc.

Auto24 is basically the same as Auto in that it automatically chooses what it thinks is the correct screen selection based on the content being watched.  The only difference is it's somehow supposed to have a setting that helps with 24 fps films.  Again, the technical aspects of how this works is unknown to me.  I just watch the stuff man, I don't know what makes it tick.  :)

post #563 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

redevil,

Ok Jack and the others using the default Standard Picture Mode setting. I agree, the picture does look fantastic just as is or should I say right out of the box when new. The Standard setting has just the right amount of color, brightness, blacks and picture sharpness for a really great picture.

I'm giving up on using the Vivid setting as the picture enhancements are to strong to tone down for general viewing. Vivid will work great for older faded movies or older TV shows.

Very few changes I would make like maybe setting the Scene Selection to General. I still prefer the Picture Mode - Standard, it's Color Temp, default is Neutral set to Cool. I don't know yet about the CineMotion, default is Auto. When set to Off it don't seem to make a difference that I can see. Could be i'm not looking up close enough to the screen to see any difference. Maybe by next Fall hopefully we will have this TV all figured out.
post #564 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Liked: 11
So, kinda an off topic question: I'm looking to grab this in the near future, and would like to wall mount it. From an optimum position setting, how high on the wall should this be? So, the distance from the top (or bottom) from the floor? I'm in need of a TV upgrade and this is what I'm looking to get.

Thanks! - M

"If I had a nickel for every nickel I had..."
post #565 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmukalian View Post

So, kinda an off topic question: I'm looking to grab this in the near future, and would like to wall mount it. From an optimum position setting, how high on the wall should this be? So, the distance from the top (or bottom) from the floor? I'm in need of a TV upgrade and this is what I'm looking to get.

Thanks! - M

The rule of thumb for computer monitors is to place them high enough you can sit and comfortable see directly into the center of the screen. This being a large 65" TV screen I think ours may be a few inches higher due to the 59" wide TV stand we put the set on.
post #566 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:

A good scene to view the issue I am talking about would be the opening disney castle that has the white arch moving across the castle. I guess I should not have said I dont like LCD tech, but rather current LCD tech is disappointing. I have a 1440p samsung PLS monitor and it is amazing. The viewing angles are excellent and the colors are extremely vivid. Why they can't make a TV with PLS tech is beyond me. All the benefits of IPS with higher contrast. Add true local dimming and were in business. biggrin.gif

Okay, I'll pay attention to the Disney castle the next time I see it to check for pixilation.  We have a copy of Snow White saved on FIOS for when our niece comes to visit.  I tried checking it out to see if they showed the Disney castle at the beginning but unfortunately they didn't.  Still I have to ask, even if for some reason it does show pixilation on the white arch around the Disney castle would you really consider that a "major problem"?

Regarding your monitor, I haven't had the opportunity to see that for myself but from what you're describing it does sound impressive.  Maybe one day Samsung will scale that up and make a TV out of it and it will be the perfect solution to large flat screen TV technology.

Thanks.

post #567 of 4340 Old 01-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmukalian View Post

Thanks! - M

Yes, what Whitesands said.  Ideally, a TV should be mounted so that your line of site while seated is the center of the TV picture.  My entertainment stand is actually slightly higher than that but it's no big deal.  What drives me crazy is when I visit someone's house and they have their TV mounted over the fireplace.  I liken that to sitting in the first couple rows of a movie theater when you have to turn your head to look up at the screen the entire time.  It's just uncomfortable to watch that TV that way.

post #568 of 4340 Old 01-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Okay, I'll pay attention to the Disney castle the next time I see it to check for pixelation.  We have a copy of Snow White saved on FIOS for when our niece comes to visit.  I tried checking it out to see if they showed the Disney castle at the beginning but unfortunately they didn't.  Still I have to ask, even if for some reason it does show pixelation on the white arch around the Disney castle would you really consider that a "major problem"?

I took a picture of the screen when the arch is at it's brightest. I did use a tripod with the camera set to manual so I could get a good focus on the screen. I did zoom in at two levels trying to show any possible pixelation. I just don't see it on this W850 set or in this arch. They were 4 of us watching the wildcard game. At half time I put on the blu-ray disc with the Disney castle and arch. I played it through 3 times and nobody could see any pixelation problems.

When the first wildcard game started on Sunday I switched over to the off-air antenna out behind our house. The TV transmitters are located 75 miles line-of-site south of here in El Paso. I tried channel 4.1 which is in HD which usually has a great picture quality. This time the pixelation was horrible on the edges of the players. I tried channel 13.0 also in HD which is a TV repeater on a 500 foot tower up on a mountain about 7 miles from our house. Their are many tall TV towers their as they feed the city of Alamogordo and this whole Southern New Mexico desert area. The feed for this tower is microwaved 200 miles over the mountains from Albuquerque, NM where the main TV station is located. This same wildcard game on this channel also had some visible pixelation but was nothing compared to the El Paso station. I did check the signal strength and the El Paso station read 75% which is high enough for good picture quality.

I ended up watching the game on the Dish Network that includes all the Network channels. In our state Dish gets their network stations for this state from Albuquerque. I did notice the picture looked enhanced with better color and definition. I saw absolutely no pixelation throughout the game. So what i'm saying here some pixelation you see may be your signal source, or perhaps a HDMI cable problem.

Here is are few pictures of the arch and castle in question. Look closely and see if you can see any pixelation in the arch. Thanks to UFO for bringing up this subject of the arch and possible pixelation. No doubt he has a keen eye for great picture quality.

left click picture for lager view.

first zoom

second zoom

Cayloe likes this.
post #569 of 4340 Old 01-06-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22

Greetings, first time poster, I am planning on purchasing the 850A within the next couple of months.  I came her specifically to see the settings you all are using for this awesome set.  I have read a few posts mentioning Xbox One / PS4 but don't see any specific settings that take advantage of the low 18ms lag rate 'Gamer' setting.  I was hoping someone here would have a setting for this that would utilize the 'Gamer' setting but still have an optimal picture setting.  Any gamers here or can one of you give any insight as to how you may think the settings should read for gaming?  Thanks in advance.

post #570 of 4340 Old 01-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayloe View Post

Greetings, first time poster, I am planning on purchasing the 850A within the next couple of months.  I came her specifically to see the settings you all are using for this awesome set.  I have read a few posts mentioning Xbox One / PS4 but don't see any specific settings that take advantage of the low 18ms lag rate 'Gamer' setting.  I was hoping someone here would have a setting for this that would utilize the 'Gamer' setting but still have an optimal picture setting.  Any gamers here or can one of you give any insight as to how you may think the settings should read for gaming?  Thanks in advance.

Cayloe, I've got my 850a hooked up to xbox one. The 850a has 2 gamer modes, I found the game - original mode is what I needed to use while playing Battlefield 4; in essence it turns off all picture processing. With this there was no lag at all. The pic still looks great - and of course you can experiment with turning on certain settings and see what it does to your game. If your not playing FPS then I'd use the other game setting.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread - Xbr65x850a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page