Sony 65W850a reviews - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1801 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post

I so wish I could see a 65W850A running in person.
The only one near me is at best buy magnolia and they have some dark and pointless loop from the avengers on that makes the display seem washed out and devoid of color.

If anyone in NH has one running and wants to invite me over to see your awesome TV send me a PM.

Call your local Best Buy store and ask for the manager. Ask if they can provide a different blu ray display disk or feed so you can see some brighter content including colors to better judge the TV.

Call Sony's customer service and ask for other TV outlets in your local area that are selling this same set..
WhiteSands is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1802 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Scenic screen shot. click picture for a large view.

GlockFan likes this.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1803 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Member
 
TrickyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is there any sort of break-in time on these panels? Because it's not just the angle thing kind bugging me. The clouding and flash lighting on black backgrounds is making me want to pull my hair out. I just tried out blade runner on Blu-ray and it's got terrible light patterns all over the black backgrounds. Does this fade at all? I tried turning the brightness down to the lowest, I'll make sure the LED dynamic is one, but this is nuts. I'll take a picture of it.

I REALLY want this TV to work out for me.
TrickyT is offline  
post #1804 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Member
 
TrickyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This is what I see with Blade runner. Not sure now normal this is for this model but it's driving me nuts. The higher brightness on the right side is what I see on everything sitting on my left couch seat. Which as you see from my picture is not like I am sitting as some crazy angle.



TrickyT is offline  
post #1805 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
AVmanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post

This is what I see with Blade runner. Not sure now normal this is for this model but it's driving me nuts. The higher brightness on the right side is what I see on everything sitting on my left couch seat. Which as you see from my picture is not like I am sitting as some crazy angle.




Goto setting there is a reset button press it and reset it to the factory display setting. Then turn ECO off that controls the backlight from adjusting to the room.
I never had that when I had the W850. So if you look up my Standard setting about 7 or more pages back and put them in. See if that helps. But don't forget to turn ECO off. There are a bunch of great guys here that will help as well..
AVmanic is offline  
post #1806 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Member
 
TrickyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVmanic View Post

Goto setting there is a reset button press it and reset it to the factory display setting. Then turn ECO off that controls the backlight from adjusting to the room.
I never had that when I had the W850. So if you look up my Standard setting about 7 or more pages back and put them in. See if that helps. But don't forget to turn ECO off. There are a bunch of great guys here that will help as well..

Eco is off, LED Dynamic is on, tried most of the settings here and from the sound and vision review. When a picture is playing it's pretty much fine. But even then, in the letter box bars, I see a slight brightness in them on the right side unless I sit in middle of couch. Looks great there, but annoyed I can't moved 1 foot to the right or the left without everything getting completely out of whack..
TrickyT is offline  
post #1807 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
stickboy2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post

Call your local Best Buy store and ask for the manager. Ask if they can provide a different blu ray display disk or feed so you can see some brighter content including colors to better judge the TV.

Call Sony's customer service and ask for other TV outlets in your local area that are selling this same set..
I specifically asked the magnolia guy just that and he basically said they could not do that. That the loop was preset by the manufacturer. I knew he was just being a lazy jerk so I gave up.
stickboy2k is offline  
post #1808 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Member
 
TrickyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post

I specifically asked the magnolia guy just that and he basically said they could not do that. That the loop was preset by the manufacturer. I knew he was just being a lazy jerk so I gave up.

That is ridiculous.. Sorry to hear they are being rude.. Heaven forbid you get to try a TV out before handing over a pile of cash for one.
TrickyT is offline  
post #1809 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post

Is there any sort of break-in time on these panels? Because it's not just the angle thing kind bugging me. The clouding and flash lighting on black backgrounds is making me want to pull my hair out. I just tried out blade runner on Blu-ray and it's got terrible light patterns all over the black backgrounds. Does this fade at all? I tried turning the brightness down to the lowest, I'll make sure the LED dynamic is one, but this is nuts. I'll take a picture of it.

I REALLY want this TV to work out for me.

You didn't mention which picture mode you were using, Vivid, Standard or Custom. I would assume Vivid and if so leave all your brightness settings at 50 which is default. If not, you will loose your deep blacks. Try using the backlight settings instead.

On Vivid try from 5 to Max, 7 seems to work well for me. Standard from 5 to max but I like Max best on Standard. I run my Custom backlight also to Max.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1810 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post


Eco is off, LED Dynamic is on, tried most of the settings here and from the sound and vision review. When a picture is playing it's pretty much fine. But even then, in the letter box bars, I see a slight brightness in them on the right side unless I sit in middle of couch. Looks great there, but annoyed I can't moved 1 foot to the right or the left without everything getting completely out of whack..

I tried turning off my ECO/ room light sensor setting one time and my living room lit up like it was out in the sunlight. I set the room light sensor back to on which is default and then the picture looked great. I don't see any reason when doing calibration the need to shut off the room light sensor. That would make the picture much brighter than the backlight being set to Max. I guess I don't understand this reasoning.

I don't know where the LED Dynamic setting is or what it does. I leave my TV set very close to default may be why it plays as good as it does.

You can do a full set reset by pressing and holding the tiny black on/off button on the left back side of your TV with the TV turned Off. Bring your remote while holding this button in and then turn on the TV using the remote. I don't remember but I think I had to hold the button for a maybe 15 seconds for the TV to start it's full reset which took a while.

Try watching the blu ray your talking about with the set back to factory settings is a good way to see if the set is ok or not. Try Vivid then Standard to compare. I would move the Standard backlight up to Max for a better picture. The Vivid backlight again down to 7.

You should never see any clouding and flash lighting on black backgrounds with this set. In fact between scenes on some these newer movies my picture will go fully black between scenes, just like the set is turned off for a few seconds. This was while watching the TV in Vivid or Standard picture modes.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1811 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post

I specifically asked the magnolia guy just that and he basically said they could not do that. That the loop was preset by the manufacturer. I knew he was just being a lazy jerk so I gave up.

Amazon don't charge tax and includes free delivery. If you buy from Amazon then try the set out in your home. If you don't like it you have 30 days from the shipping date to return it for a full refund. Amazon covers the return shipping. They will also give you a one time 14 day price match if you find a lower price from a online or other Authorized Sony dealer that has the sets in stock. Their still including their 2% back in Rewards which is like $48 for you to buy other Amazon items.

Read the 5-star reviews on this set, I don't see how you could go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL65W850A-65-Inch-1080p-Internet/dp/B00ES5YZD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394575567&sr=8-1&keywords=w850a
Brundy likes this.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1812 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Read this nice review today placed in Amazon's customer reviews on this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony is back on top with the W series, March 11, 2014

By GH (Denver, CO)
This review is from: Sony KDL65W850A 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Internet LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
The best by far I have seen. The color is far superior to it's challenger's best offering. Sony captured the CRT market years ago with the Trinitron system. Now they are going to dominate the market again with the TRILUMINOS display. The color and contrast are so spot-on, you really do forget that you are watching TV. And, this was right out of the box, no color setup required.
This is one TV I can really recommend.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1813 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Amazon charges tax to California. I just checked on Amazon and they were going to charge me $212 tax on a KDL-65W850A. I'm still on the fence as to what to get. frown.gif
Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1814 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post

Amazon charges tax to California. I just checked on Amazon and they were going to charge me $212 tax on a KDL-65W850A. I'm still on the fence as to what to get. frown.gif

Bummer on tax in California. I learn something new everyday. Still Amazon is a huge world wide operation and their easy to get along with customer service is tops along with their price match people on large items like TV's.

On the fence on what set to get. I only see this 65W850a and the older 55W900a set with mostly 5-stars. Is their another set listed on Amazon with 5-stars that I may have overlooked.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1815 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I can pickup a XBR-55X900A for $2,999 if I want - it was originally what I was ready to get until I discovered this forum.
Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1816 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
WhiteSands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post

I can pickup a XBR-55X900A for $2,999 if I want - it was originally what I was ready to get until I discovered this forum.

I had a 55" panasonic plasma and believe me it looks small compared to this new large screen 65" Sony set with a much brighter picture.
WhiteSands is offline  
post #1817 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I still have time to decide - my 46XBR4 still has a nice picture - but it's on it's way out. frown.gif

Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1818 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post

I had a 55" panasonic plasma and believe me it looks small compared to this new large screen 65" Sony set and a much brighter picture.

After looking at the 55'" TV's next to the 65" TV's had made me look into the non-4K models. I really want a 65" in my living room - that is one of the things holding me back from the 4K 55"
Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1819 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Brundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post

I can pickup a XBR-55X900A for $2,999 if I want - it was originally what I was ready to get until I discovered this forum.

 

Unless you are going be to sitting within 4 feet of your screen you will see no difference in PQ.  The ultra HD tv's are not worth the money at this point IMHO.  Even at 3000 you would be better off saving the 500 and getting the w850a.  Plus you will gain 10' of viewing pleasure which in my opinion is money better spent.  The only valid argument i have heard so far for these tv's is that the added resolution allows a better passive 3D viewing experience. The active 3D on the w850a is excellent so again save the 500 and buy an oppo 103.  ;)

Brundy is offline  
post #1820 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundy View Post

Unless you are going be to sitting within 4 feet of your screen you will see no difference in PQ.  The ultra HD tv's are not worth the money at this point IMHO.  Even at 3000 you would be better off saving the 500 and getting the w850a.  Plus you will gain 10' of viewing pleasure which in my opinion is money better spent.  The only valid argument i have heard so far for these tv's is that the added resolution allows a better passive 3D viewing experience. The active 3D on the w850a is excellent so again save the 500 and buy an oppo 103.  wink.gif

I agree with what you say, and the extra ten inches of the 65" will be a big improvement. I read something like almost 40% more picture. I was really feeling the KDL-65X850A was the one and then TrickyT got one and mentioned the poor viewing from off dead center. The way our TV is, no one will be able to sit dead center - we have easy chairs with a walkway through the dead center area. That alone has me concerned. frown.gif
Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1821 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Brundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post


I tried turning off my ECO/ room light sensor setting one time and my living room lit up like it was out in the sunlight. I set the room light sensor back to on which is default and then the picture looked great. I don't see any reason when doing calibration the need to shut off the room light sensor. That would make the picture much brighter than the backlight being set to Max. I guess I don't understand this reasoning.

I don't know where the LED Dynamic setting is or what it does. I leave my TV set very close to default may be why it plays as good as it does.

You can do a full set reset by pressing and holding the tiny black on/off button on the left back side of your TV with the TV turned Off. Bring your remote while holding this button in and then turn on the TV using the remote. I don't remember but I think I had to hold the button for a maybe 15 seconds for the TV to start it's full reset which took a while.

Try watching the blu ray your talking about with the set back to factory settings is a good way to see if the set is ok or not. Try Vivid then Standard to compare. I would move the Standard backlight up to Max for a better picture. The Vivid backlight again down to 7.

You should never see any clouding and flash lighting on black backgrounds with this set. In fact between scenes on some these newer movies my picture will go fully black between scenes, just like the set is turned off for a few seconds. This was while watching the TV in Vivid or Standard picture modes.

 

Turning the ECO sensor off was a main deciding factor in me keeping this TV.  The Eco feature allows sony to claim that average energy consumption is 90.5 per annum. Plus it reacts to ambient light.  When I had the ECO set to on I had a heck of a time calibrating the TV.  The whites would not reach spec.  Now that it is off the picture is stunning.  I do a fair amount of gaming as well and this really made a big difference for me.  One point that should not be overlooked is that I do not watch my TV in a pitch black room unless I'm watching 3D.  With that being said turn off the eco sensor and then decrease the backlighting and picture settings as desired.

Brundy is offline  
post #1822 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Member
 
Brundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post


I agree with what you say, and the extra ten inches of the 65" will be a big improvement. I read something like almost 40% more picture. I was really feeling the KDL-65X850A was the one and then TrickyT got one and mentioned the poor viewing from off dead center. The way our TV is, no one will be able to sit dead center - we have easy chairs with a walkway through the dead center area. That alone has me concerned. frown.gif

 

My room is 12 feet wide by 20 feet deep.  I have a sectional at one end and the tv at the other.  My viewing distance is about 15 feet. I have very rarely seen the off axis viewing troubles described on this forum (obviously).  Would it be possible to flip the room to the wide walls to avoid the walkway through the centre? I realize this seems extreme but no other TV i have seen can equal the depth of contrast and colour range of the w850a.  Others on this forum have dropped down to a samsung 7100 but I would not recommend that route, as it has its own issues.  This set has the best value per dollar for a 65 inch on the market in my opinion. 

Brundy is offline  
post #1823 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
My viewing distance is between eight to ten feet from the TV. The TV has always sat in a corner of the living room and the sofas are along the back wall about twenty five feet away. There are three huge floor to ceiling windows looking out at Mt Tamalpais that have always been the focal point of the living room. As I got older my eyes started to get worse so I put two easy chairs up close to the TV with a walking area betwween them. I can't be more than twenty degrees off to the side. Here is a photo from where I sit looking at the TV.

Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1824 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Member
 
Brundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post

My viewing distance is between eight to ten feet from the TV. The TV has always sat in a corner of the living room and the sofas are along the back wall about twenty five feet away. There are three huge floor to ceiling windows looking out at Mt Tamalpais that have always been the focal point of the living room. As I got older my eyes started to get worse so I put two easy chairs up close to the TV with a walking area betwween them. I can't be more than twenty degrees off to the side. Here is a photo from where I sit looking at the TV.


Wow! Now I understand. If the samsung f8500 plasma is within your price range that would give you the best uniformity edge to edge from any angle. It is also the brightest of all plasmas givin your large windows. If IR is a concern for you than the led f8000 series is the w850a 's direct competitor. It is a very nice TV.
Brundy is offline  
post #1825 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Member
 
Fairfax-Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundy View Post

Wow! Now I understand. If the samsung f8500 plasma is within your price range that would give you the best uniformity edge to edge from any angle. It is also the brightest of all plasmas givin your large windows. If IR is a concern for you than the led f8000 series is the w850a 's direct competitor. It is a very nice TV.

I just Googled the F8500 and it said it was around $3,000 - and that is within my budget. I'll have to read up on them.
Fairfax-Franko is offline  
post #1826 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Newbie
 
jonwooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Hi folks,

 

My first post and I really enjoyed this thread.  Upon shopping for a new TV, this thread lead me to buy a 850a over the sammy and panasonic plasma competitors around the same price range.  I have been particularly impressed with WhiteSands posts.  Thank you WhiteSands!

 

At any rate, my shipment arrived and it appears they have shipped me the incorrect TV.  On the sony box, it says I received an XBR x85.  I can only assume this is the 4k version of the 850 model am I correct?

 

At any rate, thank you all for the terrific content in this tread and hope you are all enjoying the lovely 850 models!  I was very impressed by them.  :)

 

Take care,

/Jon

WhiteSands likes this.
jonwooz is offline  
post #1827 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Member
 
hx820atl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30

I'm in agreement with Brundy concerning checking out the samsung 8500 plasma . ^    You do need to stick with 65 inches either way.  If you do try the w850a, do it through amazon to give option of returning and acourse very carefully save all packing. 

hx820atl is offline  
post #1828 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Member
 
hx820atl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwooz View Post
 

Hi folks,

 

My first post and I really enjoyed this thread.  Upon shopping for a new TV, this thread lead me to buy a 850a over the sammy and panasonic plasma competitors around the same price range.  I have been particularly impressed with WhiteSands posts.  Thank you WhiteSands!

 

At any rate, my shipment arrived and it appears they have shipped me the incorrect TV.  On the sony box, it says I received an XBR x85.  I can only assume this is the 4k version of the 850 model am I correct?

 

At any rate, thank you all for the terrific content in this tread and hope you are all enjoying the lovely 850 models!  I was very impressed by them.  :)

 

Take care,

/Jon

 

What vendor did you buy it from and were you billed simply for the w850a?  They may never know.  Won't tell you what I would do.

hx820atl is offline  
post #1829 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Member
 
hx820atl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax-Franko View Post


I just Googled the F8500 and it said it was around $3,000 - and that is within my budget. I'll have to read up on them.

Take into account the legs which are attached to ends of the samsung I believe to assure it will fit on your present stand or that you can make revision to stand/table.  That's one advantage of the w850a I like concerning it's center chrome ring.

hx820atl is offline  
post #1830 of 4437 Old 03-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Member
 
Cayloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx820atl View Post

I'm in agreement with Brundy concerning checking out the samsung 8500 plasma . ^    You do need to stick with 65 inches either way.  If you do try the w850a, do it through amazon to give option of returning and acourse very carefully save all packing. 
If you use amazon's enhanced delivery you do not need to keep the packaging.


"You can keep all the packaging materials or request the specialty shipper to dispose of these materials for you. You don't need to save the packaging materials at the time of delivery. If you choose to return an item after the specialty carrier has left and disposed of the packaging, the carrier will return to collect the item without requiring you to provide any packaging material."
Cayloe is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off