Sony 65W850a reviews - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 4360 Old 03-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The difference may be the number of hours the panel was powered up for testing at the factory.
WhiteSands likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 4360 Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleader View Post

This panel looks to be a much safer place for people to go to get info. It also has the panel number and serial number, and I assume errors if you have any.

You are correct.  I've read somewhere that one should never try to make changes on the "volume up" screen period unless they absolutely know what and why they are doing it

On the "volume down" screen, there is a way to zero out error codes, if you do google search.  I've seen that also somewhere but prefer to keep history intact on my sonys.

WhiteSands likes this.
post #2163 of 4360 Old 03-24-2014, 11:29 PM

Liked: 19
OK fellow Sony 65W859a owners, I am about ready to pull the trigger on this amazing panel. I've done a ton of research and this forum has been incredibly helpful. I will be purchasing the TV from a local store. My question is on the extended warranty. I am a big believer you need one on these expensive electronics. The store sells a 5-year warranty for $400. If you do not use the warranty during the 5-years, you will get half of it back ($200) in store credit. Kind of nice. My other alternative is to purchase the warranty from SquareTrade (ST). They offer a 4-year warranty that I can get for $140 (for some reason they do not offer a 5-year warranty). I've used ST for several smaller items like iPods and they are great to work with, however, the way their warranties work is that the purchase price of the item is what they will pay out minus any previous repair bills. So what this means is if the item is repaired by them, ST will deduct the value of the repair over the remaining cash value of the warranty. For example, if the purchase price of the item is $2000 and say you have a $500 repair bill, the most ST will pay out in cash to replace the item is $1,500. It could happen you have a couple repairs over the 4-years and if it gets to the point that the panel cannot be repaired or is too expensive to repair the cash value will be whatever is left after the repairs have been deducted. With repair bills being expensive with these panels I can see that possibility that cash value payout could far less than what I paid for the panel. So what would you guys do? It hurts me to pay $400 for a 5-year warranty, however I do have the chance of getting half of it back in store credit if I never use it and I am not limited like I am on the ST warranty. The ST warranty is one year less and at $140 it is a much easier pill to swallow. Looking forward to hearing what you guys would do as I'm really torn on which way to go on the warranty.
WhiteSands likes this.
post #2164 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 424
I love the colors this set makes. Scenic screen shot from my TV.

click picture for a larger view.

post #2165 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 03:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagster1 View Post

I bought my set from Amazon over six months ago. I did pay more for the 5-year policy due to my set costing around $2698 although I got a nice price match a week later.

I have seen the Amazon's list of Square-Trade which shows a 5-year extended warranty on this set priced at $248 when the set cost was $2498 and now $2298. ST still charged the same for their 5-year coverage. It was listed in their $2000 - $2500 list for TV's.

Now I don't see that listed in the W850a Amazon page like it was not that many weeks ago. You might call Amazon and ask whats going on with ST and their 5-year TV plan.

I prefer the Amazon people due to not charging Tax were I live. That's a nice savings and I have had really good attention when I call customer service to help me with anything. A 30-day set return and a 14 day one time price match.

Good luck with your decision. One thing for sure your gonna like this set.
post #2166 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagster1 View Post

OK fellow Sony 65W859a owners, I am about ready to pull the trigger on this amazing panel. I've done a ton of research and this forum has been incredibly helpful. I will be purchasing the TV from a local store. My question is on the extended warranty. I am a big believer you need one on these expensive electronics. The store sells a 5-year warranty for $400. If you do not use the warranty during the 5-years, you will get half of it back ($200) in store credit. Kind of nice. My other alternative is to purchase the warranty from SquareTrade (ST). They offer a 4-year warranty that I can get for $140 (for some reason they do not offer a 5-year warranty). I've used ST for several smaller items like iPods and they are great to work with, however, the way their warranties work is that the purchase price of the item is what they will pay out minus any previous repair bills. So what this means is if the item is repaired by them, ST will deduct the value of the repair over the remaining cash value of the warranty. For example, if the purchase price of the item is $2000 and say you have a $500 repair bill, the most ST will pay out in cash to replace the item is $1,500. It could happen you have a couple repairs over the 4-years and if it gets to the point that the panel cannot be repaired or is too expensive to repair the cash value will be whatever is left after the repairs have been deducted. With repair bills being expensive with these panels I can see that possibility that cash value payout could far less than what I paid for the panel. So what would you guys do? It hurts me to pay $400 for a 5-year warranty, however I do have the chance of getting half of it back in store credit if I never use it and I am not limited like I am on the ST warranty. The ST warranty is one year less and at $140 it is a much easier pill to swallow. Looking forward to hearing what you guys would do as I'm really torn on which way to go on the warranty.

One option to investigate is sony extened warranty which must be purchased before the sony original factory warranty expires at year point for kdl and 18 months for xbr.

Open this link to read up on it.  (or link similiar in UK?)

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=681

then http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?template_id=1&info_id=1186 for what it covers

http://store.sony.com/-cms-page.content.extended.service.plans

On tv less than $2500, 5 year is around $280.  All extended warranties are really a year less than advertised because in small print they state they all start on date of purchase even say for instance you buy a sony extended warranty on day 363 from date of purchase.  The first year is always covered by factory warranty and all extended warranties default ot this.  Pretty rediculous.

Sony extended warranty is actually third party warranty contracted out and different than factory.

the terms again here repeated link http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?template_id=1&info_id=1186

The advantage of Sony extended warranty is you can put off decision for almost a year and by that time if you have confidence in your set, don't buy it.  It's hell to use any warranty (factory or extended) if something goes bad.  They are not what one may believe they are so again really read the fine print period before making decision.   I personally don't believe in them and reationalize putting the money saved towards new tv if mine fail but then I have multiple tvs so money saved is substantial.

Oh, btw I bought sony extended warranties but canceled within a 60 day or 90 day grace period (forget which - read up on above link) for full refund after I thought it over.  They are transferrable to new owner but then pricing for used tvs suck so its a questionable help.

Bottom line to me is electronic devices are such a commodity and technology advance always make a 5 year tv kind of outdated.

So replacement of 4 year tv under extended warranty is at best going to give you what model of refurbished unless you take cash payout which would make sense to me if one actually is given that option.  There are so many unknowns when actually dealing with warranty people so have blood pressure medication handy.

WhiteSands likes this.
post #2167 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 06:50 AM

Liked: 46
I went to both service menus (Volume+ and Volume-) and could not find the manufacturer date.
Can someone point out the location of the screen with this parameter.
post #2168 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Jagster1 - I bought my TV from Sony with a Sony credit card - which adds another year on the warranty. I feel the free two year warranty is enough for me - I'm not an extended warranty person and so far it's saved me a ton of money - but if it makes you sleep better at night it's worth it.
post #2169 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM

Liked: 26
So no one has opinions on the 70R550 vs. this set?

On this site: http://televisions.reviewed.com/products/sony-bravia-kdl-60r520a which is essentially same panel as the 70 inch, it gets good reviews and they quote "peak white of 370.70 cd/m2 against a rich black level of 0.065 cd/m2 giving the 60R520A a contrast ratio of 5703:1, which is very good for its tech type"

They did not review the W850 but did review its cousin the 55W900 and said this: Peak white of 345 cd/m2. Coupled with a decent black level of 0.069 cd/m2 , Sony's new LED achieves a contrast ratio of 5000:1.
We should point out that if you're using the Impulse motion processing mode, it will drastically decrease the W900A's brightness. With this setting turned on, its peak white level of 345 cd/m2 was decreased to 104.9 cd/m2 , although its black level also dropped to 0.026 cd/m2 . This drops the TV's contrast ratio to 4035:1, which is still more than acceptable" I have no idea if they had the panel at full brightness or with local dimming enabled as Sound and Vision give a number of 0.006 ft/L which = 0.02 cd/m2. I do not know what the impulse setting they refer to is (is that the LED dimming feature). Also there is a French article that mentions a value as low as 0.01 cd/m2 with led dimming enabled....

So my question to you all is:
Does the 65W850 possess better black level and shadow detail than the R550 series? Triluminous and Xreality pro are nice and all but triluminous's main advantage is in Sony extended color range mastered blerays which is not my usual viewing medium. Also I am satisfied with the color on the R550. Also I don't have banding or significant DSE seen on hockey or skiing type viewing. Where I am un happy with it is late night viewing where the blacks could be more desirable and most importantly the flashlighting (mostly in the right corner) is distracting leading me to turning down the panel brightness to minimum and also adjusting another mode on the TV to dim the panel more so as not to distract.
Will I be happier with the blacks on W850. Does the Edge dimming prevent clouding and flashlighting? I am very eager for a set that allows me to watch late night viewing with programming with a lot of dark scenes that doe snot have to many noticeable flaws. I know plasma would be my best choice, but the Samsung 8500 series in 65 inch is1000-1500$ more and I can't justify the expense.
WhiteSands likes this.
post #2170 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis3 View Post

I went to both service menus (Volume+ and Volume-) and could not find the manufacturer date.
Can someone point out the location of the screen with this parameter.

On back of tv, the 2" by 4" white sticker - at least on my 55w900a, a date nov 2013 is listed under serial #

steve1971 likes this.
post #2171 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hx820atl View Post

On back of tv, the 2" by 4" white sticker - at least on my 55w900a, a date nov 2013 is listed under serial #

It's the same for this W850a set and it's easy to see if you go around on the right back side of the TV with a small flashlight.
post #2172 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post

It's the same for this W850a set and it's easy to see if you go around on the right back side of the TV with a small flashlight.

And if you can't get behind it for whatever reason - a handheld mirror and a flashlight works too - that's how I got mine. smile.gif
post #2173 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 04:18 PM

Liked: 46
Got it. The label in the back says Oct, 2013, not sure if this is good or bad.

I thought this info was available in the Service Menu.
post #2174 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadoc View Post

So no one has opinions on the 70R550 vs. this set?

On this site: http://televisions.reviewed.com/products/sony-bravia-kdl-60r520a which is essentially same panel as the 70 inch, it gets good reviews and they quote "peak white of 370.70 cd/m2 against a rich black level of 0.065 cd/m2 giving the 60R520A a contrast ratio of 5703:1, which is very good for its tech type"

They did not review the W850 but did review its cousin the 55W900 and said this: Peak white of 345 cd/m2. Coupled with a decent black level of 0.069 cd/m2 , Sony's new LED achieves a contrast ratio of 5000:1.
We should point out that if you're using the Impulse motion processing mode, it will drastically decrease the W900A's brightness. With this setting turned on, its peak white level of 345 cd/m2 was decreased to 104.9 cd/m2 , although its black level also dropped to 0.026 cd/m2 . This drops the TV's contrast ratio to 4035:1, which is still more than acceptable" I have no idea if they had the panel at full brightness or with local dimming enabled as Sound and Vision give a number of 0.006 ft/L which = 0.02 cd/m2. I do not know what the impulse setting they refer to is (is that the LED dimming feature). Also there is a French article that mentions a value as low as 0.01 cd/m2 with led dimming enabled....

So my question to you all is:
Does the 65W850 possess better black level and shadow detail than the R550 series? Triluminous and Xreality pro are nice and all but triluminous's main advantage is in Sony extended color range mastered blerays which is not my usual viewing medium. Also I am satisfied with the color on the R550. Also I don't have banding or significant DSE seen on hockey or skiing type viewing. Where I am un happy with it is late night viewing where the blacks could be more desirable and most importantly the flashlighting (mostly in the right corner) is distracting leading me to turning down the panel brightness to minimum and also adjusting another mode on the TV to dim the panel more so as not to distract.
Will I be happier with the blacks on W850. Does the Edge dimming prevent clouding and flashlighting? I am very eager for a set that allows me to watch late night viewing with programming with a lot of dark scenes that doe snot have to many noticeable flaws. I know plasma would be my best choice, but the Samsung 8500 series in 65 inch is1000-1500$ more and I can't justify the expense.

Was hoping someone else would respond.  I will make this simple.

http://store.sony.com/70-class-69.5-diag-r550a-series-led-internet-tv-zid27-KDL70R550A/cat-27-catid-All-Sony-HD-TVs;pgid=N9lku_w9ENVSRp2FHOcuGVI800006Nbpc4hE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3D70r550

• Full HD 1080p
  • Edge LED backlight
  • Motionflow™ XR 240
  • Receiver-less TV for DirecTV customers
  • Built-in Wi-Fi
  • Wireless mirroring
  • Clear Resolution Enhancer
  • Smartphone ready
  • Watch 3D with 4 pairs of passive glasses

Now open up http://store.sony.com/65-class-64.5-diag-w850a-series-led-hdtv-zid27-KDL65W850A/cat-27-catid-All-Sony-HD-TVs;pgid=N9lku_w9ENVSRp2FHOcuGVI800006Nbpc4hE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3D65w850a

• Brilliant color with TRILUMINOS
  • X-Reality™ PRO
  • Multi-angle speakers
  • Dynamic Edge LED backlight
  • Motionflow™ XR 480
  • Built-in Wi-Fi

Also click on specifications of each tv for each detail (65w850a will show active 3d)

In my opinion, the       triluminous,     x-reality Pro,      dynamic edge LED backlight,        motionflow xr480   

makes the decision obvious - period.   I would have to double check on panels.  I know the 65w850a has panel Samsung S-PVA inherently giving better blacks.  You would have to google or read up on avs forum for the 70r550a to confirm panel but given it is passive 3d, it might be S-IPS not having as good blacks.  I don't know.

post #2175 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
I know the 65w850a has panel Samsung S-PVA inherently giving better blacks.

I'm not being a dickhead here, but how do you KNOW the panel is Samsung S-PVA? Do you have a reference or link to this info?

I KNOW my panel # is NUD3Y650LN0103. The TV told me so. Do you know if this is a Samsung S-PVA panel?

post #2176 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 06:08 PM

post #2177 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleader View Post

I'm not being a dickhead here, but how do you KNOW the panel is Samsung S-PVA? Do you have a reference or link to this info?

I KNOW my panel # is NUD3Y650LN0103. The TV told me so. Do you know if this is a Samsung S-PVA panel?

http://uhdtv.ro/tech/101-ghid-specificatii-tv-led-sony-generatia-2013

copy and paste

Sony KDL 65W855 A 65" FHD XCA 7 LSI (X-Reality Pro) Samsung S-PVA Ref: xD3Y650LN010 100Hz XR400 EdgeLED

Triluminous | 3D activ

Ref numbers will probably differ slightly depending on manufacturing sites since this link is, heck, what country is this site?

post #2178 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 07:22 PM

Liked: 20
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm
If you look here you can see the pixels that make up the arrays. If you look at your TV under magnification you will see the same thing. It is an S-PVA panel. I have done this that's how I know and my panel number is the same as yours.
post #2179 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 PM

Liked: 20
But these sets don't have quantum dot triluminos or x-tended dynamic range.
post #2180 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Was hoping someone else would respond.  I will make this simple.

In my opinion, the       triluminous,     x-reality Pro,      dynamic edge LED backlight,        motionflow xr480   

makes the decision obvious - period.   I would have to double check on panels.  I know the 65w850a has panel Samsung S-PVA inherently giving better blacks.  You would have to google or read up on avs forum for the 70r550a to confirm panel but given it is passive 3d, it might be S-IPS not having as good blacks.  I don't know.

On paper yes it seems much superior however other things to consider:

70 vs. 65 inches
Passive vs. active 3d
Triluminous from what I have read does not have much effect except on sony mastered 4k blurays and the implementation doe snot have quantum dot tech
motion flow 480 vs 240 is software based as both are 120 hz panels. Most people argue to turn off all those motion settings anyway
TO me the big one is the edge lit local dimming is a big one. IF this works well it should bring the blacks down deeper.

Panel- who knows? The only other 70 inch panels out there are made by sharp so I am guessing it is a sharp panel.
Reading on the site I quoted the numbers for the r5 series were not much different than the w900 which is similar to the w850a

In the end to me I want a good black similar or better than my 4 year old plasma which should be attainable with current LED tech.
I also don't want to deal with bad clouding or flash lighting .
The 70 inched I got is great for daytime viewing or viewing regular tv shows
But watch blade runner or Vikings or LOTR in dim lighting and the blacks could be deeper and there is some flashlighting bothering me in the bottom right corner.
Been watching on this set for 3 weeks now and I hope going to a 65 inch won't suddenly feel small by comparison.
I hope to be wowed by the picture but worry about the whole "panel lottery" issue with these tv's
I would gladly give up a bit of deeper blacks if I had great uniformity of picture.
Also how are the viewing angles on this? How much contrast do you lose? I find on my couch if i sit at one end or the other the blacks start getting a bit grey. Does that happen with this set too or does the really deep blacks lead to bigger viewing angles before noticeable contrast drops?
Finally can someone comment on active 3d on the W850a? Really enjoyed it on the little I used it so far on the R550.
post #2181 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by toadz View Post

But these sets don't have quantum dot triluminos or x-tended dynamic range.

Yes, but articles talk about the subject matter so one can have a better undrstanding of the succession of technology so one can compare differences between the 70r550a and the 65w850a.

For instance - edge led backllight 70r550a, dynamic edge led backlite 65w850a, new 2104 x-tended dynamic range 65w950b, x-tended dynamic range pro in x950b.

65w850a is triluminous and 70r550a is not.  Quantum dots article talks about sony's triluminous

Having some degree of understanding is my only intent.

post #2182 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

http://uhdtv.ro/tech/101-ghid-specificatii-tv-led-sony-generatia-2013

copy and paste
Sony KDL 65W855 A 65" FHD XCA 7 LSI (X-Reality Pro) Samsung S-PVA Ref: xD3Y650LN010 100Hz XR400 EdgeLED Triluminos | 3D active

Ref numbers will probably differ slightly depending on manufacturing sites since this link is, heck, what country is this site?

I think part of the confusion at least for me is that you need to include a location Romania or UK with your name. If your interested in buying the W855a tele, you would be really impressed with this set.
I had mentioned a page or so back that the UK or Romanian W855a set uses a Samsung XD3Y650KN010 Triluminos panel. This should be the same exact Triluminos LG panel, NUD3Y650LN103 made for Sony for the US version W850a set. These sets make a deep black enhancing the picture quality and colours.

Forget thinking plasma's as Panasonic, Samsung and LG are stopping making and selling them this year and I think LG in early 2015.
hx820atl likes this.
post #2183 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 PM

Am familiar with the terms and the tech. thanks
Neither set I am comparing have the extended dynamic range that is on the w850b and w950 sets
Motion flow as I mentioned above is a feature I will most likely disable as I hate the SOE.
Triluminous in this tv with no quantum dots is of how much benefit?
Xreality pro is nice improvement I guess and my understanding is this tv feels faster in booting up etc. Right now I let my AV receiver do upscaling and processing as it has a Marvell Qdeo processor. not sure if this is better or worse than the sony....

So for me the w850a will need to have better blacks and better uniformity (flash lighting clouding DSE etc) than the r550 to offset the advantage of larger size and the subjective possible benefits of passive 3d tech.
Price for me is a wash.
Also is it worth another 380 for a 4 year warranty?
post #2184 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes, but articles talk about the subject matter so one can have a better understanding of the succession of technology so one can compare differences between the 70r550a and the 65w850a.

For instance - edge led backllight 70r550a, dynamic edge led backlite 65w850a, new 2104 x-tended dynamic range 65w950b, x-tended dynamic range pro in x950b.

65w850a is triluminous and 70r550a is not.  Quantum dots article talks about sony's triluminous

As long as you buy a Sony set that included the Triluminos feature you will have a LED edge lit set with the deep black, great picture quality and vivid colors so for me it was easy to decide. No reason to talk about quantum dots as Sony uses their on method at a lower price which works wonders for the picture's vivid and true colors.
post #2185 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Am familiar with the terms and the tech. thanks
Neither set I am comparing have the extended dynamic range that is on the w850b and w950 sets
Motion flow as I mentioned above is a feature I will most likely disable as I hate the SOE.
Triluminous in this tv with no quantum dots is of how much benefit?
Xreality pro is nice improvement I guess and my understanding is this tv feels faster in booting up etc. Right now I let my AV receiver do upscaling and processing as it has a Marvell Qdeo processor. not sure if this is better or worse than the sony....

So for me the w850a will need to have better blacks and better uniformity (flash lighting clouding DSE etc) than the r550 to offset the advantage of larger size and the subjective possible benefits of passive 3d tech.
Price for me is a wash.
Also is it worth another 380 for a 4 year warranty?

SOE is caused at least in this set by the smooth graduation setting which we turn off. If that don't fully stop the SOE then we turn off the motionflow. One problem is that the motoinflow setting works best when set to Standard if you enjoy fast paced live sports games.

The Yamaha A/V receiver I bought also enhances the picture so I set it to off as this Sony set don't seem to need it. You mentioned Sony's X-Reality Pro in this set. It's a 2.2 ghz quad processor.
post #2186 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Yes, but articles talk about the subject matter so one can have a better undrstanding of the succession of technology so one can compare differences between the 70r550a and the 65w850a.

The dynamic edge LED backlight is what will allow the more inky blacks.   I have highlighted my previous post tp emphazizes the r550a does not have the "dynamic"  in LED edge backlite.  Big difference!

For me triluminous is everything and that is from my experience with my 55x900a.

post #2187 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSands View Post

SOE is caused at least in this set by the smooth graduation setting which we turn off. If that don't fully stop the SOE then we turn off the motionflow. One problem is that the motoinflow setting works best when set to Standard if you enjoy fast paced live sports games.

The Yamaha A/V receiver I bought also enhances the picture so I set it to off as this Sony set don't seem to need it. You mentioned Sony's X-Reality Pro in this set. It's a 2.2 ghz quad processor.

Thx. So far on my r550 motion in hockey or golf has not been an issue. So the dded motion flow on this set I am sure will be overkill for me.
Got the call from delivery dept. MY w850a arrives tomorrow morning. After setup will do some comparative viewing (MY AVR can output hdmi to 2 tvs at once. Winner stays loser goes back!
May the best TV win lol!
post #2188 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:

The dynamic edge LED backlight is what will allow the more inky blacks.   I have highlighted my previous post tp emphazizes the r550a does not have the "dynamic"  in LED edge backlite.  Big difference!

For me triluminous is everything and that is from my experience with my 55x900a.

I hope you are right. The one site I quoted the differences in measured blacks was not so different . Now not sure if they had local dimming enabled in their test however!
My w850a arrives tomorrow. Will do some comparative viewing tomorrow. Will try to take some pics with both running at same time.
WhiteSands likes this.
post #2189 of 4360 Old 03-25-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Thx. So far on my r550 motion in hockey or golf has not been an issue. So the dded motion flow on this set I am sure will be overkill for me.
Got the call from delivery dept. MY w850a arrives tomorrow morning. After setup will do some comparative viewing (MY AVR can output hdmi to 2 tvs at once. Winner stays loser goes back!
May the best TV win lol!

Lol I look forward for the results and the set you choose.

WhiteSands likes this.
post #2190 of 4360 Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
The 65W850A is 2069.99 via Sony EPP right now.

You can get an EPP account if you are a AAA member via http://discounts.autoclubmo.aaa.com/offer/index/offerid/364452/uSource/ttmnm
WhiteSands likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page