Samsung 6300 LED Smart TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My daughter bought this TV and it's advertised as builtin WIFI. We haven't opened the box yet because I see on the Samsung site a LinkStick is required for Wifi use.

What I don't know is - is that part in the box or not needed at all?

Nobody at the store knows the answer.

O==wrench==C
--------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 116
The Samsung 6300 series sold in America have built-in WiFi, so the adapter is not necessary.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:38 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench View Post

My daughter bought this TV and it's advertised as builtin WIFI. We haven't opened the box yet because I see on the Samsung site a LinkStick is required for Wifi use.

What I don't know is - is that part in the box or not needed at all?

Nobody at the store knows the answer.

Congratulations you have one of the best TVs out there. I have enjoyed it for over two weeks now, the picture is amazing. I did however calibrate my TV, by myself.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Wrench what panel did you get? The easiest way to see is look for the version number on the sticker on the side of the box or back of the TV. In the USA we have panel versions like TSO1 and TUO2.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge View Post

What panel did you get? The easiest way to see is look for the version number on the sticker on the side of the box or back of the TV.

I don't know if this was addressed to me or not. I will answer for myself. My tv was made the first week of September, I received it the second week. So everything is up to date. The panel is a Samsung. I do know all of the panel versions and specs. There were two versions of the 6300.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPERSON View Post

I don't know if this was addressed to me or not. I will answer for myself. My tv was made the first week of September, I received it the second week. So everything is up to date. The panel is a Samsung. I do know all of the panel versions and specs. There were two versions of the 6300.

I was actually asking the the topic creator but I appreciate your input as well.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge View Post

Yes I was asking you. What exact model is your 6300? In the USA we have panel versions like TSO1 and TUO2.

I love reading about panels, every company has different specs for it's panels but all panels for a particular company must perform to it's specs. It makes no difference if the company is LG, Sony Samsung etc. You left out HS01 as a Samsung panel. Don't leave it out for it is Samsung. There are other designations that are also Samsung panels. I contacted Samsung through their chat with their experts. The HSO1 is a Samsung made panel, as are the TSO1 and TU02.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I love reading about panels, every company has different specs for it's panels but all panels for a particular company must perform to it's specs. It makes no difference if the company is LG, Sony Samsung etc. You left out HS01 as a Samsung panel. Don't leave it out for it is Samsung. There are other designations that are also Samsung panels. I contacted Samsung through their chat with their experts. The HSO1 is a Samsung made panel, as are the TSO1 and TU02.

Oops lol. I thought you were the one who started the topic. I was replying on my phone and didn't scroll up all the way but thanks for your answer.

My mystery with panels began years ago when I bought a Samsung lcd computer monitor and received a really poor looking one with a Chi Mei panel. When I exchanged it for one with a Samsung panel I was blown away by the difference in quality. Maybe things have changed and the panels they use in their tvs are more or less the same regardless of manufacturer.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Congratulations you have one of the best TVs out there. I have enjoyed it for over two weeks now, the picture is amazing. I did however calibrate my TV, by myself.

I wasn't so lucky - my UN55F6350 crapped out after 3 days! It's just as well because off-angle viewing was the worst I've ever seen - noticeable degradation in contrast and color at any angle greater than 15-20 degrees from center. Very disappointing as the ones I saw in three different locations had acceptable PQ at up to 20-30 degrees off center. FWIW, the one I purchased had a Samsung panel (Version: TH01), which is supposed to be the best.

I briefly thought about getting a replacement but decided to return it and move on. Best of luck with yours...
Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm View Post

I wasn't so lucky - my UN55F6350 crapped out after 3 days! It's just as well because off-angle viewing was the worst I've ever seen - noticeable degradation in contrast and color at any angle greater than 15-20 degrees from center. Very disappointing as the ones I saw in three different locations had acceptable PQ at up to 20-30 degrees off center. FWIW, the one I purchased had a Samsung panel (Version: TH01), which is supposed to be the best.

I briefly thought about getting a replacement but decided to return it and move on. Best of luck with yours...

Sorry to hear about it. Bad lemons do happen, give it another try.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm View Post

You probably just had really bad luck but also keep in mind the only way to know for sure it was a Samsung panel was to check the service menu as well.

Tags
Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread