Samsung F6300 International Purchase Advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-02-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I want to buy a Samsung F6300 TV, but I have recently moved abroad (New Zealand) so it's making my purchase more complicated than usual.  

(1) Will the tv run PAL as well as NTSC on different inputs?

(2) I know that the power outlets are a different voltage here (110-120US vs 220-240NZ) but I can overcome that with a transformer.  Will using a transformer to "step down" the voltage effect the picture quality?

(3) The model numbers are somewhat different if you buy here, "UA55F6300" vs "UN55F6300", I think that's just to denote the different power plug.  Are there any other differences in the "UA" vs the "UN" designation?  

(4) Most importantly this is the BIG question. I plan to use a VPN service to route my internet through to the states, Can anyone confirm if all the smart apps (Netflix, HBOGo, AmazonVOD, etc.) are there and fully functional with the "UA" version?  My fear is that some apps are purposely firmware locked in international television sets due to licensing restrictions from the US.

(5) For some of the models there is another variant at the end of the number, UA55F6300AMXRD for example.  What does the "AMXRD" mean and what are the differences between that an one without?  There seems to be a price difference but other than that I can't find any solid tech specs or stats to compare the models with.

Thanks!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40f6300 40 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Electronics Un75f6300 75 Inch Smart Led Tv , Samsung Un65f6300 65 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55f6300 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60f6300 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page