Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1135 Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
Is HDCP not a form of digital copy protection across connections such as HDMI and DVI? I think HDCP for Netflix only applies when you have an external device that supports Netflix and you wish to connect it to your TV.
I wouldn't put it past LG or netflix as to that being the reason it doesn't have 4k netflix despite it being for hdmi external devices. The few reports I've read of the new hdmi 2.0 board seems to suggest it allows 4k netflix after the upgrade even if the upgrade isn't necessary unless it includes a cpu upgrade.

LG 55LA970W - Oppo 103D - Denon Avr - Kef Q2,5,6 speakers and Rel 150 sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1135 Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
I wouldn't put it past LG or netflix as to that being the reason it doesn't have 4k netflix despite it being for hdmi external devices. The few reports I've read of the new hdmi 2.0 board seems to suggest it allows 4k netflix after the upgrade even if the upgrade isn't necessary unless it includes a cpu upgrade.
It could also be that the new upcoming board has an updated HEVC codec which is required for Netflix to work. The Samsung HEVC clips all have color issues, could be some incompatibility like that.
post #1113 of 1135 Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just bought the 65" model. Need more information on the best calibration.

Since this model is being discontinued here now, I've searched for LG models that are similar with "Screen" and component tech.

FYI:

Yes - the HDMI in the UK is different for NOW (Upgrade Coming).

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-65UB980V

http://hi-tech.mail.ru/review/LG_65UB980V-rev.html

Last edited by mpeg3s; 07-10-2014 at 12:30 AM.
post #1114 of 1135 Old 07-10-2014, 12:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Of course, TallCoolOne is correct, HDCP is involved with digital connections, like HDMI or Display Port, so it SHOULD not be a factor with our TV's internal Netflix app. HDCP2.2 would be required for external devices like a Roku. I did not parse out the requirements for Netflix 4K. That's not the first time either.
post #1115 of 1135 Old 07-10-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
It could also be that the new upcoming board has an updated HEVC codec which is required for Netflix to work. The Samsung HEVC clips all have color issues, could be some incompatibility like that.
I still say if we have a HEVC codec which we do. It's only down to a software update to update it's standards and thus can play the same stuff as the 2014 models. A codec isn't hardware based last time I looked. Like the codec packs you get on a Pc. It should be the same.

post #1116 of 1135 Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I still say if we have a HEVC codec which we do. It's only down to a software update to update it's standards and thus can play the same stuff as the 2014 models. A codec isn't hardware based last time I looked. Like the codec packs you get on a Pc. It should be the same.
Not necessarily...codecs can be programmed into dedicated ASICs to make it fast to decode, a dedicated hardware decoder frees the CPU for other tasks. Of course even a dedicated hardware component has a software component to it as well and that can possibly be updated (i.e. firmware). I am almost certain the TV is using a dedicated SoC for its video decoding...it would be interesting to dissect the TV and find out which one. Based on the time this TV came to market, my guess is it uses a ViXS SoC which came out at the beginning of 2013 and supports up to a specific profile of HEVC. Other possibilities is an ST or Broadcom. So it's not always updatable, they may need a newer chip to support the latest HEVC format that services like Netflix use.
post #1117 of 1135 Old 07-11-2014, 08:50 PM

I got this greyscale issue. Turn your contrast and color down to 0 to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractor View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex

Notice the horizontal lines that go from left to right of the panel it may look like ripples to some but it's permanent shadows that I cannot get away from and this is my second set

Did you say horizontal lines or vertical? I cannot see them. Can you please point them out?

Last edited by mpeg3s; 07-11-2014 at 11:35 PM.
post #1118 of 1135 Old 07-11-2014, 08:52 PM

Regarding MKV support I noticed that the TV doesn't detected my second Audio track. If I'm correct, this is a Plex media OS TV.
post #1119 of 1135 Old 07-12-2014, 09:30 AM

Liked: 0
Hi everybody,

i own the 55LA970V and I suffered also the AV sync issues with all the sources coming from my amplifier.
I was able to resolved them by selecting in the parameters menu in the audio section the audio sync to "on" on the TV set.
Hope it will help
post #1120 of 1135 Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi, is there an ETA on when they will release this new board, and how easy would it be to install it? Any ideas??
post #1121 of 1135 Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM

Also seem to be having problem connecting ARC to my AVR which is a denon 3312c, hdmi control is set to on on the receiver, and magic remote can't bind with the receiver either none of the denon settings on the TV work for my receiver, anyone have any solutions to this?
post #1122 of 1135 Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterrr View Post
Also seem to be having problem connecting ARC to my AVR which is a denon 3312c, hdmi control is set to on on the receiver, and magic remote can't bind with the receiver either none of the denon settings on the TV work for my receiver, anyone have any solutions to this?
So I'm not sure from your explanation what is not working for you, ARC in general so you are not getting any sound from the TV apps to the Denon or just a power/volume issue with the Magic Remote?

I have a Denon 2311CI so it should not be much different from your setup. To get mine to work so that I get all the sound from TV apps through my Denon (and external speakers) and the Volume button on the Magic Remote also controls my Denon:

1) From the TV Settings in the Sound section, set Speakers to External/ARC
2) Turn on Simplink. Go to Smart TV apps and load the Simplink one, and turn it on for the Denon.
3) If you want the TV remote to power the Denon on and off there is a separate setting for that in the TV settings also, I set this to off since I use a Logitech Harmony remote to turn all my devices on/off.

Hope that helps.
post #1123 of 1135 Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 PM

Or press input then the green button on the remote for simplink options quickly

post #1124 of 1135 Old 07-18-2014, 05:00 PM

yea i am talking about sound to receiver will try that when i get home, thanks.
post #1125 of 1135 Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
So I'm not sure from your explanation what is not working for you, ARC in general so you are not getting any sound from the TV apps to the Denon or just a power/volume issue with the Magic Remote?

I have a Denon 2311CI so it should not be much different from your setup. To get mine to work so that I get all the sound from TV apps through my Denon (and external speakers) and the Volume button on the Magic Remote also controls my Denon:

1) From the TV Settings in the Sound section, set Speakers to External/ARC
2) Turn on Simplink. Go to Smart TV apps and load the Simplink one, and turn it on for the Denon.
3) If you want the TV remote to power the Denon on and off there is a separate setting for that in the TV settings also, I set this to off since I use a Logitech Harmony remote to turn all my devices on/off.

Hope that helps.

Thanks that helped however with the audio out of sync and me finding out that this tv might never support hdmi 2.0 depending on them releasing the new board or not I have decided to return this tv back to the store and instead get the samsung un65hu9000, hope I am making a right choice.
post #1126 of 1135 Old 07-19-2014, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Any one knows what the latest 04.25.24 firmware contains?
post #1127 of 1135 Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gukkie View Post
Any one knows what the latest 04.25.24 firmware contains?
Nothing new here. Where are you based?

post #1128 of 1135 Old 07-19-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Nothing new here. Where are you based?
Nothing new for me too...im based in asia..

Anyone having issues with jerky motion and blurring with tru motion off?

Ive tried every setting possible but it either judders or has a soap opera effect when watching from my digital box...i give up on the tv..
post #1129 of 1135 Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Nothing new for me too...im based in asia..

Anyone having issues with jerky motion and blurring with tru motion off?

Ive tried every setting possible but it either judders or has a soap opera effect when watching from my digital box...i give up on the tv..
I use dejudder and deblur set to 1. It gives me much smoother motion with almost no noticeable SOE.

You won't find any LCD based tv that won't have this issue though.
post #1130 of 1135 Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Quote:
I use dejudder and deblur set to 1. It gives me much smoother motion with almost no noticeable SOE.

You won't find any LCD based tv that won't have this issue though.
I used the same settings, i do notice a better viewing experience on normal tv viewing but once it comes to blu ray movies there is noticable SOE.

I connect all my devices to an a/v receiver and only 1 hdmi cable goes into my tv so everything uses the same settings on my tv.

Also there is a very weird effect when it shows large grass areas or gravel on the tv..its like the grass or gravel is moving..
post #1131 of 1135 Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I used the same settings, i do notice a better viewing experience on normal tv viewing but once it comes to blu ray movies there is noticable SOE.

I connect all my devices to an a/v receiver and only 1 hdmi cable goes into my tv so everything uses the same settings on my tv.

Also there is a very weird effect when it shows large grass areas or gravel on the tv..its like the grass or gravel is moving..
Yeah it's all a matter of what your eyes have adjusted to also. For Bluray movies I usually turn TruMotion off completely. I can't say I notice jerky motion though, the credits at the end of movies are always perfectly smooth...but there is motion blur for sure...but my old flagship Sammy had that too and so has every other LCD based panel I have ever seen, so nothing new there...
post #1132 of 1135 Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
just noticed the new update installed,didn't see any changes yet,just 15 minutes ago.
post #1133 of 1135 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post
just noticed the new update installed,didn't see any changes yet,just 15 minutes ago.
Yeah I installed it last night, didn't notice anything new either...what played before through USB still plays, what didn't still doesn't. Nothing new in Netflix. That's all I tested.
post #1134 of 1135 Old Today, 04:27 PM

I just got the update as well

I wish the Netflix app played 4K, Is there any way to check if its even playing 1080p? Breaking Bad just says HD.

I have 100Mbps Internet and the TV is directly connected into the router using ethernet, so shouldn't be an issue.

Its a real struggle to find content that is 4K

:/
post #1135 of 1135 Old Today, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I tell you this shows like House Of Cards look better then any 1080p Blu-ray I saw.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 65la9700 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55la9700 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page