Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1447 Old 01-21-2015, 03:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinWilliams View Post
I have also just received the paperwork so have signed, scanned and sent back to them today. I'm in central London.. hopefully we will all get our upgrades soon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey141 View Post
That is good news :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey141 View Post
Just had this reply back from them:

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm this has now been attached to your file and forwarded to the relevant department.

One of our agents will be in contact with you shortly.
Yep well they got 3 so im hoping its within the next couple of weeks. Really itching to watch some breaking bad in 4k again now !

Having just spoken to LG they are currently waiting on stock of the Upgrade Kits and then they call their courier company to go and fit them.

LG 55LA970W - Oppo 103D - Onkyo TX-NR636 - Kef Q1,5,9C speakers and Rel 150 sub - Sennheiser HD650 Headphones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1447 Old 01-21-2015, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
Yep well they got 3 so im hoping its within the next couple of weeks. Really itching to watch some breaking bad in 4k again now !

Having just spoken to LG they are currently waiting on stock of the Upgrade Kits and then they call their courier company to go and fit them.
Thanks for the update. I am itching to watch some 4K Netflix too. Fingers crossed it will be soon.
post #1443 of 1447 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Sorry for the late responses everyone, was out of town the last week.

@ldeveraux : Yes 2 boards were removed and one was added, and they let you keep the old boards. All you do is remove the connectors from the boards, take off a few screws and it's out. New cables come for connecting the new board to the existing other boards, speaker system, etc. You also install some foam pads in specific places and some strips of tape come for securing the cables. The instructions tell you exactly where to put the tape and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmcguir View Post
This is VERY promising... I am very tempted to give it a shot, but it says not in stock right now. Was there any software update he did, or is the software preinstalled on the new board and you just flip out the boards and you're good to go?
Any chance you can upload the installation instructions for people who want to try and do this on their own?
Well it says not in stock because it is a special order item, they order it when you place your order. It says ETA of 1/29 as of right now, so that is when you can expect your order if you order today.

Yes he did install a firmware update but it was initiated through the service menu, how to do it yourself is all in the instructions. The only other thing he did was go in the service menu and restore the settings for white balance for each color temp setting to same settings as before the hardware swap. He also entered the serial number and model name in manually through the service menu so it appears in the user screens properly. That's all in the instructions also. You may want to make sure you can access the service menu before ordering, try this perhaps?:

http://www.askvg.com/secret-service-...ony-and-lg-tv/

I have scanned the instructions as well as the spec sheet that came with the upgrade, you can grab them here:

http://d.pr/f/10QQE/2A03f1Op
http://d.pr/f/11a7m/5wyQCI1W

Last edited by TallCoolOne; Yesterday at 04:58 PM.
post #1444 of 1447 Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

@ldeveraux : Yes 2 boards were removed and one was added, and they let you keep the old boards. All you do is remove the connectors from the boards, take off a few screws and it's out. New cables come for connecting the new board to the existing other boards, speaker system, etc. You also install some foam pads in specific places and some strips of tape come for securing the cables. The instructions tell you exactly where to put the tape and everything.

Well it says not in stock because it is a special order item, they order it when you place your order. It says ETA of 1/29 as of right now, so that is when you can expect your order if you order today.

Yes he did install a firmware update but it was initiated through the service menu, how to do it yourself is all in the instructions. The only other thing he did was go in the service menu and restore the settings for white balance for each color temp setting to same settings as before the hardware swap. He also entered the serial number and model name in manually through the service menu so it appears in the user screens properly. That's all in the instructions also. You may want to make sure you can access the service menu before ordering, try this perhaps?:

I have scanned the instructions as well as the spec sheet that came with the upgrade, you can grab them here:

Thanks again for your great posts on this TV. I finally, finally got ahold of someone in "VIP" customer service (lol) and got my paperwork signed!

One thing that's disappointing is they note that ARC will no longer function. Oh well, I guess that's the price one has to pay to get access to 4K on a TV we purchased that was a "4K" TV.
post #1445 of 1447 Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, you are awesome, thank you very much!
post #1446 of 1447 Old Today, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm checking tonight whether I can access the Service Menu. If so, I'm going to place that order. Excited!
post #1447 of 1447 Old Today, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
I'm checking tonight whether I can access the Service Menu. If so, I'm going to place that order. Excited!
Any luck? Note you also need to be able to access the In-Start menu, as shown on page 15 of the instructions. I just tried accessing the service menu (EZ ADJUST menu) and In-Start using my Harmony remote with the discrete codes, it works fine, I can access all the secret menus. All sorts of neat options in there...the codes on this site work perfectly:

http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph..._menus_/_modes

Of course be careful in there, it is easy to brick your TV by messing with these.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 65la9700 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55la9700 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page