Official LG LA9700 Owner's Thread ( 55LA9700, 65LA9700 ) - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #1981 of 2004 Old 11-14-2016, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
I can't understand that. What version of TV is that? How are 65UC9700 and 65LA9700 the same?
My guess is that 65UC9700-UA is the model of the TV after it has the upgrade done to it... since it got that firmware update.. and I am also from the USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2004 Old 11-14-2016, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am afraid that 65UC9700 is a curved model...nothing to do with the LA
post #1983 of 2004 Old 12-11-2016, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any ideas on where i can get the upgrade in Australia?

post #1984 of 2004 Old 12-24-2016, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 15
New firmware automatically downloaded to the TV today.
post #1985 of 2004 Old 12-31-2016, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bees1 View Post
New firmware automatically downloaded to the TV today.
What version?
post #1986 of 2004 Old 12-31-2016, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 15
post #1987 of 2004 Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

first of all I'd like to wish you all a happy new year and express my appreciation for all the valuable information and advise shared in this forum in general and in this thread in particular.
Like most of you, I was an early adopter and bought my 65LA9700-TA in early 2014 in the UAE, on the premise that it would receive the UHD hardware upgrade some time later. Apparently, the upgrade kit has been made available in a few markets but not in the Middle East and LG Middle East is denying its existence. The model (-TA) I have seems to be identical to the one sold in Australia and as posted 2 years ago by "aussiegreg", the upgrade kit part no. would be AAA75845927.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone could share a picture of the kit before installation and ideally, of the box showing the LG part number. I could use that information to prove to LG ME that the kit does exist and they just need to order it for me. I'm also happy to do the upgrade myself, thanks to the valuable instructions shared in the forum.

Also, I would be interested to know if anyone has successfully managed to install the US upgrade kit (Part. no. AGF77602209) on a non-US LA970x device because a few users in Europe were considering that option but I don't recall reading any updates.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback.
post #1988 of 2004 Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
65LS9700 gray block on screen

Has anyone seen this ?
Does anyone know what causes this? or how to fix it? its not completely blacked out you can still see images
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9437.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1871873  
post #1989 of 2004 Old 01-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kvfr800 View Post
Has anyone seen this ?
Does anyone know what causes this? or how to fix it? its not completely blacked out you can still see images
Thanks!!
Is this patch consistent for all video input devices? i.e. if you connect a DVD player through another HDMI input, do you get the same patch? how long have you had it? There are many possible causes for it but I would first try to unplug the TV from the power outlet for a couple of minutes and turn it back on. If that doesn't make the patch disappear, then I would try connecting other devices, changing HDMI inputs, changing cables, etc...
post #1990 of 2004 Old 01-03-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindib View Post
Is this patch consistent for all video input devices? i.e. if you connect a DVD player through another HDMI input, do you get the same patch? how long have you had it? There are many possible causes for it but I would first try to unplug the TV from the power outlet for a couple of minutes and turn it back on. If that doesn't make the patch disappear, then I would try connecting other devices, changing HDMI inputs, changing cables, etc...
Yes it is consistent of all video inputs and sources.. it slowly appears over 3-5 minutes then will not go away. the image is still viewable, the pixels are not off, just not the proper color. it has been power cycled and played the pixel fix video on youtube that flashes colors fast.
post #1991 of 2004 Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Yes it is consistent of all video inputs and sources.. it slowly appears over 3-5 minutes then will not go away. the image is still viewable, the pixels are not off, just not the proper color. it has been power cycled and played the pixel fix video on youtube that flashes colors fast.
Sounds like a possible failure in the panel itself or its control module. If the patch appears after 3-5 minutes, this could be due to overheating of the concerned component(s). I suggest you contact LG service.
post #1992 of 2004 Old 01-07-2017, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
also in Australia, keen to get the update but don't really want to pay $800 for it can anyone confirm that seq electronics has the upgrade kits and can mail to melbourne for self installation??
post #1993 of 2004 Old 01-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Correction:it is not consistent in all video modes, and a power cycle will reset issue. and depending on the input source, may or may not come back.
see below
HDMI 1 everything works with 1080p/4k video signal
HDMI 2 gray pixels with 1080p video signal no 4k available on this input
HDMI 3 gray pixels with 1080p video signal no 4k available on this input
internal apps with no Hdmi input.. gray box randomly but takes much longer to show up.
HDMI 1 UHD input source is ok not gray box.
I tried all HDMI 1080p signals with 2 different cables and the result was the same.

IT sounds like the Mainboard being it carries with inputs and the onboard apps such as (netflix and amazon in HD or UHD) or could it be the T-con board?
post #1994 of 2004 Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi everyone,

first of all I'd like to wish you all a happy new year and express my appreciation for all the valuable information and advise shared in this forum in general and in this thread in particular.
Like most of you, I was an early adopter and bought my 65LA9700-TA in early 2014 in the UAE, on the premise that it would receive the UHD hardware upgrade some time later. Apparently, the upgrade kit has been made available in a few markets but not in the Middle East and LG Middle East is denying its existence. The model (-TA) I have seems to be identical to the one sold in Australia and as posted 2 years ago by "aussiegreg", the upgrade kit part no. would be AAA75845927.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone could share a picture of the kit before installation and ideally, of the box showing the LG part number. I could use that information to prove to LG ME that the kit does exist and they just need to order it for me. I'm also happy to do the upgrade myself, thanks to the valuable instructions shared in the forum.

Also, I would be interested to know if anyone has successfully managed to install the US upgrade kit (Part. no. AGF77602209) on a non-US LA970x device because a few users in Europe were considering that option but I don't recall reading any updates.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback.
Hey

Just tell them to talk to the Israeli team. I managed to get the hardware upgrade here in Israel.
My model is LA970Y

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1493360-official-lg-la9700-owner-s-thread-55la9700-65la9700-post45825385.html

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Last edited by staticx1; 01-17-2017 at 01:43 AM.
post #1995 of 2004 Old 01-17-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx1 View Post
Hey

Just tell them to talk to the Israeli team. I managed to get the hardware upgrade here in Israel.
My model is LA970Y

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk
Thanks. Do you know the part number for the upgrade kit you received?
post #1996 of 2004 Old 01-17-2017, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks. Do you know the part number for the upgrade kit you received?
Nope... But this what left on TV...

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk
post #1997 of 2004 Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx1 View Post
Nope... But this what left on TV...

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing. The label is part of the kit but too bad it doesn't give the part #!
post #1998 of 2004 Old 02-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPiz7 View Post
also in Australia, keen to get the update but don't really want to pay $800 for it can anyone confirm that seq electronics has the upgrade kits and can mail to melbourne for self installation??
if you find anything can you let me know? Im in melbourne as well.
post #1999 of 2004 Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I wonder if there is a new HDMI 2.1 upgrade board being designed for this particular model and if so how much would it cost?
post #2000 of 2004 Old 03-13-2017, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Has anyone seen this ?
Thanks!!
My 65LA9700 has just started showing two dark patches identical to the one yours has. I can only put it down to a failure in the LEDs in the local-dimming backlighting. Power cycling/changing input/switching backlight options doesn't fix the problem, it is as though the LEDs have burnt out or have a bad solder joint and no longer function.

This coupled with the non-4k compliance, AND a bad diffuser screen my TV had when I purchased it (I was told by the salesman / LG this diffuser issue was 'normal', but later found out it was not - by which time LG refused to replace the TV)... I've lost all faith in LG as a television manufacturer.

This is a shame as they're the last 4k/Passive3D tv manufacturer out there with the LG 65UH950T. I don't think I can justify the expense on even a discounted "last year flagship model" when the 65LA9700 (supposedly a flagship model) has had so many disappointments in such a short time.

I'm curious what 65LA9700 owners who are looking to replace their TV are opting for - are you passing up on 3D and just making a move to 4K? I'm so very glad I got the run around by a non-helpful LG when I tried to source a 4k upgrade kit and wasn't able to purchase one when I wanted, what a waste of money given my particular set is now almost dumpster worthy.
post #2001 of 2004 Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDuck View Post
My 65LA9700 has just started showing two dark patches identical to the one yours has. I can only put it down to a failure in the LEDs in the local-dimming backlighting. Power cycling/changing input/switching backlight options doesn't fix the problem, it is as though the LEDs have burnt out or have a bad solder joint and no longer function.

This coupled with the non-4k compliance, AND a bad diffuser screen my TV had when I purchased it (I was told by the salesman / LG this diffuser issue was 'normal', but later found out it was not - by which time LG refused to replace the TV)... I've lost all faith in LG as a television manufacturer.

This is a shame as they're the last 4k/Passive3D tv manufacturer out there with the LG 65UH950T. I don't think I can justify the expense on even a discounted "last year flagship model" when the 65LA9700 (supposedly a flagship model) has had so many disappointments in such a short time.

I'm curious what 65LA9700 owners who are looking to replace their TV are opting for - are you passing up on 3D and just making a move to 4K? I'm so very glad I got the run around by a non-helpful LG when I tried to source a 4k upgrade kit and wasn't able to purchase one when I wanted, what a waste of money given my particular set is now almost dumpster worthy.
It is a bad panel, Called LG a year and a half out of warranty, and they gave me a "courtesy" warranty extension to cover parts and labor of my repair. I was shocked, but very happy. Tech came to the house "officially" diagnosed it as a bad panel, ordered the new panel, new panel was bad as well. No more panels are available.

Last week LG offered me a Pro-rated based refund based on the "life -expectancy" and how far out of warranty it was. I was not offered a replacement TV, because I was out of warranty.

You need to call LG VIP Customer support. Im not sure if you have your own LG support in Australia, or if you call the US LG.. you need to call LG customer support and ask for the VIP customer support, if they don't automatically transfer you.
They want happy "loyal Customers".
post #2002 of 2004 Old 04-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Okay guys, US model 65LA9700 is gone and returned to LG. Now I have this upgrade kit that was removed from my tv laying around.

the service guy removed it when he changed the panel. But the "new" panel was bad, so the old tv had to be put back together. The tv was going back to LG so The original board(s) went back in I will be doing a inventory of what's there. However it should be complete minus maybe one of the rubber cushions. If anyone is interested in this kit let me know by PM.
Everything worked (besides the panel) when he removed it.

I know this kit will work for a USA model, but I do not know about any other models. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2003 of 2004 Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Okay guys, US model 65LA9700 is gone and returned to LG. Now I have this upgrade kit that was removed from my tv laying around.

the service guy removed it when he changed the panel. But the "new" panel was bad, so the old tv had to be put back together. The tv was going back to LG so The original board(s) went back in I will be doing a inventory of what's there. However it should be complete minus maybe one of the rubber cushions. If anyone is interested in this kit let me know by PM.
Everything worked (besides the panel) when he removed it.

I know this kit will work for a USA model, but I do not know about any other models. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry about your defunct TV and too bad I can no longer take the upgrade off you because I had ordered mine from MCM a few weeks ago and successfully installed it a couple of days ago. For all those interested, I ordered the AGF77602209 upgrade kit from the US for my non-US 65LA9700-TA and it works perfectly. Just follow the upgrade instructions shared earlier in this thread and the entire procedure should not take more than 2 hours at most. Please note that the stock MR400 magic remote that came with the set in some markets no longer fully works with the upgraded board, so you will have to use the newer MR500 that is included in the upgrade kit. The upgrade kit is set to the US as a region but I will attempt to change that once I have all the right region/country codes. WebOs is a bit slower than the previous system but definitely more future-proof.
post #2004 of 2004 Old Today, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry about your defunct TV and too bad I can no longer take the upgrade off you because I had ordered mine from MCM a few weeks ago and successfully installed it a couple of days ago. For all those interested, I ordered the AGF77602209 upgrade kit from the US for my non-US 65LA9700-TA and it works perfectly. Just follow the upgrade instructions shared earlier in this thread and the entire procedure should not take more than 2 hours at most. Please note that the stock MR400 magic remote that came with the set in some markets no longer fully works with the upgraded board, so you will have to use the newer MR500 that is included in the upgrade kit. The upgrade kit is set to the US as a region but I will attempt to change that once I have all the right region/country codes. WebOs is a bit slower than the previous system but definitely more future-proof.
UPDATE: As it turns out, I cannot change the country group code in the EZ-Adjust or In-Start menus (grayed out). The upgrade board come with the Area Option "22282", which translates to the following:
Country Group Code = 02
Country Group = US
Country = US
Although WebOs allows me to install all apps available on the US LG store, the time settings are automatically set to US time zones. It seems possible to change only the Area Option in the EZ-Adjust menu and when entering some different 4 or 5 digit codes the 3 other codes automatically change but I haven't yet found the correct Area Option for "Global", which is equivalent to Country Group Code "00" previously. Would be grateful if anyone can help with the Area Option Codes that have so far been "decrypted" for the various regions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 65la9700 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55la9700 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv
Gear in this thread