Official LG LA9700 Owner's Thread ( 55LA9700, 65LA9700 ) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any visitors to this thread having doubt on what LG 4K TV can offer you with FALD. I suggest you to download and watch from the usb3 port -Duck roast 4k- video clip that plays less than a minute at 30 frames per second with a data rate of 50mb per second. You will be amazed by the technology that has gone into it and other edge lit 4k tvs can't match to it in any sense. Sony and samsung can't even play that file in their tvs without the aid of external players and high speed USB ports.

This is also one reason why dlna playback do not support 4k content with heavy data rates.

My tv is round the clock connected to 5 drives using an USB hub which has no disconnection issues so far. It is obvious tht the TV takes a while to detect the drives when switched on so force removal may lead to malfunctioning.

The miracast with second display on your smart phone is like a boon with curse. The live streaming without a stutter works only with LG phones. Throws a black screen on all samsung galaxy phones. Streaming doesn't but the screen shot works tht let's you share the TV screen with any app. Frustrating but thats the sad fact making the customers victims in their rivalry games.

Hoping for good days ahead for LG and this TV with the success of Nexus and 4k brands.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 12:56 PM

Liked: 16
Glad you are enjoying the set ... And yes 4k is not supported through DLNA and ARC is surely not working as intended (something we all have to do is call LG and COMPLAIN so they can provide some type of software upgrade solution... I think there Are about 6-7 or more members here who have purchases one of the 4k models... There is always power in numbers ... The More people complain the faster something gets done... I suppose I will have to be patient with the HDMI 2.0 upgrade announcement but all of us can call up and let them know ... We need to know when hdmi 2.0 upgrade will be out .... On another note I have noticed the 4k oled tv will be rolling out in June along with the 3 )4k led models )
Ub9800
Ub9500
Ub8500
I suppose they will pull a (sony) on the new 4k line and split up some of the key functions along 3 tiers .... Making it more affordable to buyers... If the name of the game is to push 4k into more households which seems to be the movement ... They will no doubly have to become more affordable ... I'm sure the only tv in lg 4k led line up that will outshine out version will be ub9800 .... Also we can call LG AND LET THEM KNOW our models need to be part of the new user interface experience ... Unless it's limited to quad-core models then that would suck frown.gif .... BUT The new user interface looks simple and intuitive ... We may have to all knock on LG DOOR AND REQUEST THIS TO BE A FUTURE UPGRADE ..
post #183 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

I compared the picture side by side with my older FALD Samsung set and can't say I noticed a huge difference either, the LG was a tad sharper I would say (with sharpening settings turned way down on both sets), but nothing revolutionary. Honestly I didn't think any of the new 4k sets have any WOW factor to their upscaling abilities despite the marketing around it, all I wanted was for it to not be worse than my old 1080p set.

I agree with you ... See the thing about jumping ahead of the game is that .. You have to wait for industry to pick up ... We didn't buy this tv for 1080p most of us been there and done that ... We want this tv for the 4k content ... And as long as it makes 1080p look like 1080p I don't care we all know upscalers do not do a good job ... Don't matter how well they are built ... For those who have not seen real 4k between 30-60 FPS at 50-75mbs will not see the true capability of this tv and further more no matter how good the decoder ie 265, vp9 4k streaming won't look good as native 4k .... But sony did say that a blue ray has the potential to hold a 4k movie ... So the future looks promising ....
post #184 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post

Any visitors to this thread having doubt on what LG 4K TV can offer you with FALD. I suggest you to download and watch from the usb3 port -Duck roast 4k- video clip that plays less than a minute at 30 frames per second with a data rate of 50mb per second. You will be amazed by the technology that has gone into it and other edge lit 4k tvs can't match to it in any sense. Sony and samsung can't even play that file in their tvs without the aid of external players and high speed USB ports.

This is also one reason why dlna playback do not support 4k content with heavy data rates.

My tv is round the clock connected to 5 drives using an USB hub which has no disconnection issues so far. It is obvious tht the TV takes a while to detect the drives when switched on so force removal may lead to malfunctioning.

The miracast with second display on your smart phone is like a boon with curse. The live streaming without a stutter works only with LG phones. Throws a black screen on all samsung galaxy phones. Streaming doesn't but the screen shot works tht let's you share the TV screen with any app. Frustrating but thats the sad fact making the customers victims in their rivalry games.

Hoping for good days ahead for LG and this TV with the success of Nexus and 4k brands.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Not sure what phone you are using but the smart tv app for iPhones are really easy to use and it quicker to navigate thru... It launches apps with one bottom instead of all that click with the mouse .... I didn't even bother using multicast or the TAG Function ...
post #185 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Liked: 11

My TV is hooked up to an OPPO 103D which is setup to do the 4K upscaling before passing on to the LG TV. Not sure if the LG also does a second round of upscaling. There is a night and day PQ difference from 1080P original bluray material and I can see blemishes and skin imperfections of all the actors/actresses that I have never noticed before. This TV upscaler is not able to produce the same result but when paired with a good player, it more than hold its own reproducing very clear crisp beautiful PQ even for 1080P source material. I am extremely satisfied even with this interim improvement thanks to the ability of this TV until true 4K movies are available in the market.

Another thing, throw away the crappy thumb drive that LG gives out with their 4K samples. I copied these samples over to a Cruiser thumb and also the downloaded Youtube 4K stuff and have left it in the USB 3.0 input since day one and never ever experienced any disconnection or pop up message problem.

I agree we must ensure LG do not leave us behind from any new technology updates forthcoming in their new line of 4K TV just months after our purchase.

post #186 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesouza View Post

Another thing, throw away the crappy thumb drive that LG gives out with their 4K samples. I copied these samples over to a Cruiser thumb and also the downloaded Youtube 4K stuff and have left it in the USB 3.0 input since day one and never ever experienced any disconnection or pop up message problem.

I never got a thumb drive from LG with any content...did that come with your TV? Anything good quality on it?
I am using a USB 3.0 Silicon Power 32GB thumb drive, I will try with a different drive and see if I have any issues...if so it could just be my TV has a faulty USB slot.
post #187 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

For those who have not seen real 4k between 30-60 FPS at 50-75mbs will not see the true capability of this tv and further more no matter how good the decoder ie 265, vp9 4k streaming won't look good as native 4k .... But sony did say that a blue ray has the potential to hold a 4k movie ... So the future looks promising ....

What do you mean by native 4k? H.265 and VP9 can deliver native 4k, and the compression bitrate used depends on whoever compresses it...higher compression equals more artifacts. If you are talking about a raw uncompressed 4k feed there is not many devices that will deliver that outside of the professional video realm.
post #188 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post

Do you have a link to this clip? I googled but found dead links only.

As for the other USB ports or DLNA not being able to play it, surely a 1Gbps ethernet connection on a LAN could easily handle the data rate. Even USB 2.0 can go as high as 280Mbps. I honestly think Sony restricted 4k playback so that more users would buy content from their proprietary streaming service, they make more money that way.
post #189 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:

I never got a thumb drive from LG with any content...did that come with your TV? Anything good quality on it?
I am using a USB 3.0 Silicon Power 32GB thumb drive, I will try with a different drive and see if I have any issues...if so it could just be my TV has a faulty USB slot.

I'm sure it's just your thumb drive and I got a thumb drive from my dealer also ...
post #190 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:

As for the other USB ports or DLNA not being able to play it, surely a 1Gbps ethernet connection on a LAN could easily handle the data rate. Even USB 2.0 can go as high as 280Mbps. I honestly think Sony restricted 4k playback so that more users would buy content from their proprietary streaming service, they make more money that way.

Of course that's how sony plans to trap people into purchasing there content only and no one else's ... If they weren't so selfish I may have considered them .... Also let me clear the air native 4k obviously doesn't exist yet ... But I'm saying that's the problem with having technology that hasn't fully blossomed is that you have to wait for the industry to follow .... I don't consider anything compressed to be native unless it's comes on a tangible optical disk of some sort ( reason for me mentioning sony attempt to dive in to this area and capitalize ... If a 4k movie can fit on a blue ray there is no better company to help that become a reality then sony ... Even thought the early moves do indicate streaming will be the way we receive the content it will never be as impressive as it being on a actually disc...
post #191 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:

I can't lie VIZIO may be a company I may have to look at after catching a glimpse of there reference series ... It looks very impressive .... And the R&D PUT INTO IT
Must equal some of the best picture FALD will be able to achieve ... Specs are crazy ... 384 local dimming zones!!!! That's crazy ...
post #192 of 1393 Old 01-08-2014, 09:02 PM

If I do decide to keep this tv... I will most likely sell it around spring time .... I'm sorry but I can notice a difference between my old tv v.s. This tv ... However minuscule it may be ... I have gotten use to the extra clarity it provides ... Again it will be hard to go back to regular 1080p ... Soooo Upscaling does provide some benefits ... Guess that's up for the user to determine ... I'll prob sell my panel in June and buy the new version in July when the 2014 models will drop or I may consider Vizio in July if there panel proves to be better then LG,PANY,SAMS, SHARP... I may lean that way for right now LG panel is the best thing smoking
post #193 of 1393 Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:

It's official 4k blue rays will hit mainstream by the end of the year ...
post #194 of 1393 Old 01-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

So I tried to get ARC to work some more and could not, I contacted LG about it and they told me their ARC feature doesn't support what I'm trying to do. They said it will work with a satellite receiver or bluray player but not with the internal apps on the TV. Pretty lame implementation of ARC. So I am just using the optical cable, sucks to need another cable but not much we can do about it.

I also asked about HDMI 2.0 support in the future and he just said he has no information about that, said I could call their VIP support line though on Monday.
post #195 of 1393 Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:

So I tried to get ARC to work some more and could not, I contacted LG about it and they told me their ARC feature doesn't support what I'm trying to do. They said it will work with a satellite receiver or bluray player but not with the internal apps on the TV. Pretty lame implementation of ARC. So I am just using the optical cable, sucks to need another cable but not much we can do about it.

I also asked about HDMI 2.0 support in the future and he just said he has no information about that, said I could call their VIP support line though on Monday.

I also contacted LG ABOUT THE HDMI 2.0 update ...of course it was THE VIP CUSTOMER SERVICE.... And I told her that the Vice President of communication assured early adopters that they will solve the hdmi 2.0 upgrade .... My dealer also said there were gonna make a hdmi 2.0. Update in the form of a DONGLE !!!! THE WOMAN SAID THEY DONT HAVE PLANS TO MAKE A UPDATE !!!! I SAID I WILL CALL UP EVERYDAY AND SUMBIT A CONPLAINT UNTIL THERE IS SOMETHING THAT IS DONE ABOUT IT ..... I recently purchase another set so that makes 2 !!!! No way I'm gonna spend that much money and get left behind IDGAF!!! I told the manager to FORWARD THE COMPLAINT TO THE V.P. Of communication office !! I,M NOT PLAYING WITH THESE GUYS ...IM GONNA GO TO THE 8400 owners thread and DEMAND EVERY EARLY ADOPTER CALL UP AND MAKE COMPLAINTS THEY WILL HAVE TO LISTEN DAMMIT ...
post #196 of 1393 Old 01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

I also contacted LG ABOUT THE HDMI 2.0 update ...of course it was THE VIP CUSTOMER SERVICE.... And I told her that the Vice President of communication assured early adopters that they will solve the hdmi 2.0 upgrade .... My dealer also said there were gonna make a hdmi 2.0. Update in the form of a DONGLE !!!! THE WOMAN SAID THEY DONT HAVE PLANS TO MAKE A UPDATE !!!! I SAID I WILL CALL UP EVERYDAY AND SUMBIT A CONPLAINT UNTIL THERE IS SOMETHING THAT IS DONE ABOUT IT ..... I recently purchase another set so that makes 2 !!!! No way I'm gonna spend that much money and get left behind IDGAF!!! I told the manager to FORWARD THE COMPLAINT TO THE V.P. Of communication office !! I,M NOT PLAYING WITH THESE GUYS ...IM GONNA GO TO THE 8400 owners thread and DEMAND EVERY EARLY ADOPTER CALL UP AND MAKE COMPLAINTS THEY WILL HAVE TO LISTEN DAMMIT ...

I wouldn't put too much weight on what the tech support person said, they generally don't have any clue. That being said, I am not sure we will ever see an update either. If we don't though, it is pretty lame of LG to keep selling these units as of today at a premium over almost all other manufacturers only to have them be nothing but upscaling TVs in the future. I must admit I will not buy another LG again if that is the case. Every other major manufacturer has either delivered an update or has promised one, this would look bad on them if we can get vocal about it. We really need someone like CNET or sound and vision to publish something, that will make them notice a lot more than a couple of people yelling at their tech support line.
post #197 of 1393 Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Recently I've found the LG 55LA9700 for $2870 here in Egypt which is very cheap compared to the US and Europe and we always have higher prices here but 65LA9700 is $4300. I can also get the Samsung PS64F8500 Plasma for $3000 which was my best choice before I found the 55LA9700.

Should I take advantage of the lower price on 55LA9700 and get it or should I get the Samsung PS64F8500?
post #198 of 1393 Old 01-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaelromany View Post

Recently I've found the LG 55LA9700 for $2870 here in Egypt which is very cheap compared to the US and Europe and we always have higher prices here but 65LA9700 is $4300. I can also get the Samsung PS64F8500 Plasma for $3000 which was my best choice before I found the 55LA9700.

Should I take advantage of the lower price on 55LA9700 and get it or should I get the Samsung PS64F8500?

It's hard for anyone to really answer that for you. If you are accustomed to plasma black levels and performance you may not be completely happy with the LG set. All I can say is the LG does have very good black level performance for an LED LCD display. Input lag time is not great from my observations, if that is important to you. The price sounds like a great deal. If you want HDMI 2.0 and future proof compatibility you may want to wait for the new sets coming in the spring/summer, but you probably wont get the same low price for a long time on those.
post #199 of 1393 Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Go with the LG with full nano led. I have the LG LV9500(1080p) nano the contrast is better than any plasma, plus at 137 watts power consumption ,you will save a ton of money in electric bills over plasma.
post #200 of 1393 Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

I have the 65la9700
coming from the pn64f8500 which is by far a better display,for me it's like day and night,at least this is what I believe based on my experience with both set.
I was motivated by the the full-array,but,it's a disappointing experience for me as a lg first time users.
post #201 of 1393 Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

I have the 65la9700
coming from the pn64f8500 which is by far a better display,for me it's like day and night,at least this is what I believe based on my experience with both set.
I was motivated by the the full-array,but,it's a disappointing experience for me as a lg first time users.

Can you be more specific about the kind of image deficiencies you are finding with the 65la9700? Have you played around much with the settings (for example turning off local dimming, setting it to 'low' versus 'medium' versus 'high')??

-fafrd
post #202 of 1393 Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
first let me say that my comment was related to a quote that's in it self related to a question regarding both displays (la9700 and f8500 ),and it was solely based on my experience with both sets.
there are factors that contributed to my opinion,and they are:price tag. value vs quality and expectations.
the lg as it's full-array should have a better color uniformity,better contrast and better black levels,not necessarily as the f8500 as they are different panels,but should have a better than offered.
the off-angel viewing is horrible for me,much clouding-like .
there is a clear movement judder when viewing sports like soccer,no matter what I do with the true motion,it's still there.
regarding adjusting the setting,I did try,yet not getting a big improvement.
just let me say it's not a bad set as my comment may implied,but it's not that good if you look at the price tag in which you can get a much more better set at half of the price,say Sony XBR65HX950 for instance!
post #203 of 1393 Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

@TallCoolOne

Thanks for the tip, tested the 4k demos via USB. Man do they justify the purchase lol looked amazing! 

Any tip for gaming? My COD Ghosts looks so horrible that I almost returned my tv lol. I know Ghosts didnt up their graphics like BF4 but still ..in order to enjoy online gaming I need to go on Game Mode and that turns off everything.

Currently I cant see anyone that's shooting at me, its pixelated.

Getting BestBuy calibraiton done next week, hopefully that gives me a better IPS experience with gaming.

post #204 of 1393 Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

first let me say that my comment was related to a quote that's in it self related to a question regarding both displays (la9700 and f8500 ),and it was solely based on my experience with both sets.
there are factors that contributed to my opinion,and they are:price tag. value vs quality and expectations.
the lg as it's full-array should have a better color uniformity,better contrast and better black levels,not necessarily as the f8500 as they are different panels,but should have a better than offered.
the off-angel viewing is horrible for me,much clouding-like .
there is a clear movement judder when viewing sports like soccer,no matter what I do with the true motion,it's still there.
regarding adjusting the setting,I did try,yet not getting a big improvement.
just let me say it's not a bad set as my comment may implied,but it's not that good if you look at the price tag in which you can get a much more better set at half of the price,say Sony XBR65HX950 for instance!

Thanks for the additional detail. The LA9700 costs about as much as a Sharp Elite (the best FALD panel so far), and from what you are describing, it does not perform anywhere close to the same level. So to rephrase what you are saying, it should be possible to get better picture quality by spending that much money and/or it should be possible to get a similar picture quality for significantly less money.

-fafrd
post #205 of 1393 Old 01-24-2014, 07:50 AM

I don't know why people are having issues with off angle viewing and motion blur. I have none of that I do have the 55LA9700 though.Could there be a difference between the 55 and 65 inch panel?
post #206 of 1393 Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icykle View Post

@TallCoolOne
Thanks for the tip, tested the 4k demos via USB. Man do they justify the purchase lol looked amazing! 

Any tip for gaming? My COD Ghosts looks so horrible that I almost returned my tv lol. I know Ghosts didnt up their graphics like BF4 but still ..in order to enjoy online gaming I need to go on Game Mode and that turns off everything.

Getting BestBuy calibraiton done next week, hopefully that gives me a better IPS experience with gaming.

no prob, yes true 4k does wonders...just hope we will be able to take advantage of it in the future with this set.

You say you cant see anyone shooting at you due to pixelation...pixelation is not an artifact of motion blur or input lag so not sure why you are seeing that. Or did you mean to just say things are blurring at high speed? Pixelation CAN be caused by the deblurring settings though, if you have the TruMotion (I think thats what its called) setting high it will cause pixelation and artifacts...try turning it completely off for gaming (although Game Mode should do that for you). Calibration will only calibrate your colors, I don't think it will solve the gaming issues. Maybe post a small movie clip of the problem you are seeing? I tried a couple of games and I don't see any major issues. If you see my previous posts on input lag, there is definitely some lag which may affect hardcore gamers, but those are not visual issues...i don't see any major artifacts that affect gameplay.
post #207 of 1393 Old 01-28-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icykle View Post

@TallCoolOne

Ummm yeah!!! you have to turn the game setting on because it turns off all the processing for image quality which u don't need when gaming... True motions has to be off ... I am a hard gamer and I have both Xbox and playstation and I see everything clearly and I sit 5 ft away when playing COD ect.....
As for picture quality you really have to calibrate this tv ... If you don't know how to calibrate it spend 200-400 to have a professional calibrate it ... Hell after spending 5-6 thousand that should be a no brainer ...
Also I don't know why people compare different panels because LCD will never output the same contrast as PLASMA. At least no time soon .... I don't know about anyone else but image quality is exceptional
Poor off axis Viewing angles is not one of this panels best attribute as states in earlier post ... Every panel has problems .. People should keep in mind THIS TV IS SUPPOSE TO RUN 4K natively and can also do HD but for anyone who seen this TV handle for 4k would be hard pressed to say any tv produces better colors / uniformity as this 4K tv because the facts are 8,6 million pixels will produce better colors and density then standard HD ... I would advise anyone who owns this tv that HD IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT!! Blue rays are a step -up but Remember we paid for 4K and this TV DOES THAT WONDERFULLY no matter how scArce the content is .... You just can't compare HD TO 4K.....
post #208 of 1393 Old 01-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

So I was under the impression that these sets support HEVC, but I think the North American sets do NOT. This is directly from the LG India website:

"Directly Play Ultra HD Content via USB;
Unlike other Ultra HD TVs, LG 4K Ultra HD TV comes equipped with HEVC Decoder which enables it to play Ultra HD content Directly via USB. There is no need to purchase UHD/4K Player or an additional Kit. The inbuilt HEVC(High Efficiency Video Coding) Decoder enables LG 4K Ultra HD TV to play highly compressed high resolution files. *HEVC is the normally used video compression standard with double the data compression ratio compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality. It can alternatively be used to provide substantially improved video quality at the same bit rate."

They also show the HEVC graphic under Key Features, but not on the US website. The US site does not mention HEVC anywhere. So I tried to play some HEVC files from USB and it says the file type is not supported. Looks like we are screwed in more ways than one with no HEVC support (which I was led to believe it did have), and no HDMI 2.0. Toshiba sets just got their HDMI 2.0 upgrade, LG seems to be the only major manufacturer not saying or doing anything about it. Granted there are no uses for it yet, so I'll give them until the point where it does become a factor...
post #209 of 1393 Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

So following up on my previous post, I contacted LG because of my problem with flaky USB ports. After a long painful process of trying pointless things, they will be sending someone out to take a look at it. I also inquired about HEVC and HDMI 2.0. I was told the US model does NOT have HEVC as I suspected, and they have no plans to update these for HDMI 2.0. He was excited to tell me their new models will have it though. That's very deceiving of LG, can't say I am impressed with their customer service or lack of support for loyal customers.
post #210 of 1393 Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM

One Month Report on 65LA9700 from Indian user:

Needless to say this 'WAS' the best 4K TV in the market at the time of my purchase (Dec 2013) from the available UHD models from Samsung & Sony comparing the Pros & Cons. I do not regret my decision yet but I have some trouble points that is eating my inner peace. I am sharing only my disappointments hoping that I can be positively convinced by any other fellow 65LA9700 owners here.

> CANNOT PLAY FULL 4K RESOLUTION VIDEOS ??? Grrrhh!!!!

With all pumped up chest I have been proudly showcasing my large collection of 4K videos to my neighbors and family members until one of them pointed out why I cant play some of the files. I ignored the error all this while thinking it could be some weird codec file issue. But the bitter fact is my million dollar TV (as I call it) cannot play any video which is above 3999 pixel resolution. So this is why it asks me to skip playing these video files around 4096X2306 resolution having the same normal video codec H264-MPEG4-AVC-PART10-AVC1 as others.

4096X2304 - mp4: https://db.tt/K65JIBMD

> CANNOT PLAY VIDEOS WITH THE 4K STD CODEC H265.

Awful!!! When universally this is agreed as the best codec for loss less compression of 4K resolution and possibly going to be the standard in the near future.

3840X2160 - mkv (H265):  https://db.tt/JSLV2eNb

> LARGE WHITE PATCHES ON THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE TV SCREEN

Very often I see large white patches on the four corners of the dark black/blank screen for few seconds. This appears only when the TV is switched ON just after the LG logo and stays for few seconds before the picture starts. I am not talking about the FALD that you can see around the cursor on a black screen. Though this is not seen all the time but still it is a worry indicating a possible picture tube defect.

> FLICKERING SCREEN WHEN RETURNED TO INPUT LIST FROM USB FOLDER

Rarely but surely I keep seeing the picture wobble a bit on the bottom left edge near the connected device menu when I press back and return from the USB folder. Adding to the picture tube fears above.

> WIFI DISCONNECTS BETWEEN EVERY 30-45 MINS  OF CONTINUOUS YOUTUBE VIDEO PLAY 

I wish if this is my netgear wifi router issue, but tested playing the same video in youtube from my boxeebox without any trouble. I could repeat this everytime I played a full movie from LG smart TV youtube app. Very frustrating as I have to switch off and on again to see the wireless connect again.

> LAG CONNECTING WIFI AND DETECTING USB DRIVE

This is small yet tests my patience everytime I switch on my TV to see that it takes around 10 seconds to connect to my WIFI and even to detect my connected USB drive. Does this really have a processor, forget dual core ?

> UPSCALING HD PICTURE IS BAD AND SD IS EVEN WORSE

I can understand SD for this large screen could be worse but even HD up scaling is not any good. All my video collection with 720P resolution looks like crap on this TV now. Cant always practically watch 1080i/p and the blu rays.

> SMART TV APPS FOR ASIAN MODEL SUCKS AND THEY ARE REGION LOCKED

For the fact that the smart content and its available apps only in LG TV are region locked as you have good alternatives to access video streaming apps like Netflix in other TVs using proxy DNS servers like unblock-us.com on any other brand TV you name. Even using service remote I could not change the region and unlock Netflix. LG customer care could not help either.

> HDMI2.0 AND 4K CHANNELS

After having trouble with the basics above I don't even see HDMI2.0 and a 4K channel as serious issue at all.

I request any of you to carefully observe the above said issues on your set and share your comments and practical opinions so that I can decide on keeping or returning this TV.

Having said all this if I watch a compatible 4K video again I am too impressed to complain. Alongside the famous duck roast video this LG demo (Greece - Norway) is also my favorite.

LG 4K Demo: https://db.tt/C1yWQiqi

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 65la9700 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55la9700 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv
Gear in this thread