Official Sony XBR-55X850A / XBR-65X850A Owner's Thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

Old 04-25-2016, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Well, after being part of this thread from the beginning and whining and complaining with everyone else about this set not being able to play internal apps in UHD format, and everyone waiting for Amazon, M-Go, etc being added to the FMP-X10, which never happened. I can proudly say my new set, upgrading from the 850A, is being setup this Saturday. However, since HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 finally incorporated into receivers, we don't have to fight over what component we're going to plug in next.

As a true early adopter of 4K, I can honestly say this thread has had more volatility than most, but I'm still keeping this set, just moving it to the bedroom for now. Thank God technology has grown from what it was. I'm happy to say that I'll probably be the last one who posts in this thread.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 05:06 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 269
So what did you end up getting? Does it have HDMI 2.1?
Old 04-27-2016, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I was dead set on an LG OLED set, but I thought I would give OLED a little more time to mature where more than one manufacturer would be making these panels, so, I decided to buy the new Vizio P75-c1. I'm a little anxious since I haven't been able to find anyone with a model on display, so I'm buying it without ever even seeing it in person.

I've been following both threads, for the Vizio and the LG, and I must say just listening to others who have this set, some who bought it to replace their 2015 LG OLED set, I think this is the set to get the most bang for your buck. The Vizio is UHD, HDR (currently supports Dolby Vision with HDR10 coming soon via firmware update), Wide Color Gamut, 128 zones of local dimming, etc, this set can produce black levels as low as OLED and it's only a portion of the price of OLED. Not to mention, that's comparing it to a 65" OLED. The Vizio is a 75" and the only other OLED close to this size is $25,000. I bought this Vizio for $3700.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kd-55x8504a , kd-65x8504a , Sony , Sony Xbr55x850a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led , Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread