Help! I Changed the TCON Board on my Sony Bravia KDL-52XBL4 and I Now Have a Large Yellow / Green Vertical Stripe? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Using the fantastic advice of this forum, I ordered and changed out the TCON board on my four year old KDL-52XBR4 LCD because of the dreaded white screen / negative image issue.

All went well until I turned on the TV - the picture problem was corrected and looked good, but there is now a large yellow and green vertical stripe on the right side of the screen running from the bottom to the top of the TV.  Each color is 2.75" (for 5.5" total width) wide (pictures below).

Can anyone suggest the problem that this indicates and a corrective action?  Thanks in advance!

FlyTowny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi   Any progress?   My KDL-52XBR4 just started flipping white negative image screens up every 20 minutes.  Once it stayed that way for two hours.   The TV is six years old.    From what I read elsewhere, and I see what you did, the TCON board is the needed replacement.   Where did you purchase it and did it come with instructions?   Did you get a bad board and return it to the seller?

I have to replace the board the USB plugs into as HDMI2 won't work. I had a bad cable that bent the pins on the TV side.

<first post to forum>

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page