Broken LED LCD TV screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I bought LG 55LM8600 LED LCD TV few months ago. I accidentally damaged it recently (it has spider web in the right bottom corner). I called LG and they sent rep who said that their warranty won't cover accidental damages. Reading online, it looks like repair isn't worth it as the screen replacement costs are as much as what new TV would cost. If I sell the TV for parts only, what's a realistic price I should expect? I've all the accessories including the magic remote, and 3D glasses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2013, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by HdtvUser2013 View Post

I bought LG 55LM8600 LED LCD TV few months ago. I accidentally damaged it recently (it has spider web in the right bottom corner). I called LG and they sent rep who said that their warranty won't cover accidental damages. Reading online, it looks like repair isn't worth it as the screen replacement costs are as much as what new TV would cost. If I sell the TV for parts only, what's a realistic price I should expect? I've all the accessories including the magic remote, and 3D glasses.
Can you still get the same model? If so, I'd suggest keeping the "parts" of the old one in case something happens to the new one as well. I tend to go through remotes like crazy. It also wouldn't hurt to have extra 3D glasses either. If you tried to sell the parts of a broken TV, you'd likely be very disappointed at how little you would get in this current era of "disposable" items as opposed to "repairable."

Good luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page