Sharp 60" Aquos LC60LE450U - New Lower-End TV - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 147 Old 01-05-2014, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

120 Hertz?? Anyone? Still can't find how to adjust that setting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 147 Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 AM

I just got this set last night in time to watch the Saints beat the Eagles...which sucked. I immediately applied the settings provided a few posts back. Thank you for those. I have a decent Pioneer AVR with 4 or 5 HDMI inputs and a Roku so SMart and sound are a non-issue. I just wanted 60" and the best picture I could find. The PQ looks pretty damn good to me after I used those settings. The football game looked awesome. The settings state Low or Off for memc. You get soap opera effect at low but not at off so I left it at off.

I tested a Roku Netflix movie Flight. Awesome picture. For sure there may be better sets out there but this one is hard to beat for $700. I'll keep it.

picture setting: user
contrast; 60
brightness; 48
color; 44
tint +2
sharpness 10
color temp normal
memc ; either off or low
backlight 70-75
under setup
noise reduction: off or weak
dlc: on
home mode display mode
post #93 of 147 Old 01-05-2014, 05:20 PM

I purchased this tv two days ago and so far I am happy with it, does anyone know the 3 digit remote code number for this tv?

I am unable to program my cable box to operate this tv, I am trying to avoid having to use two remotes. I have tried every code number I could find.

post #94 of 147 Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topanga73 View Post

120 Hertz?? Anyone? Still can't find how to adjust that setting.

go into menu

then select picture....then scroll down to MEMC...that is the 120hz adjustment where you can make adjustments

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #95 of 147 Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

go into menu

then select picture....then scroll down to MEMC...that is the 120hz adjustment where you can make adjustments

Warren

But which setting. There are no numbers just: Low,Normal, Strong, Demo, off

How do I set it to 120?
post #96 of 147 Old 01-08-2014, 11:05 AM

I got this TV yesterday, 01/07/13, up here in Alaska at Fred Meyer and I paid $749 with my 10% senior discount and $30 sales tax. As far as I can tell with this tv is you get what you pay for. For the size and price I am happy with it. I also was wondering about the 120hz refresh rate and why the tv only shows 60hz. I am hooked up to a Dish VIP722 and am told it can only put out 60hz max. The tv then takes that signal and converts it to 120hz all by itself. The display shows 1080i and 60hz but I am told that that is the rate coming out of the 722 and not what I am actually seeing. That may all be a bunch of bovine scatology but I'll believe it until I hear a better explanation. Now I have a question: What is DLC and why, after I shut it off, does it always comes back on? I read at Sharp that is because I am in Store mode but according to the tv I am in Home mode.

post #97 of 147 Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasilof View Post

I got this TV yesterday, 01/07/13, up here in Alaska at Fred Meyer and I paid $749 with my 10% senior discount and $30 sales tax. As far as I can tell with this tv is you get what you pay for. For the size and price I am happy with it. I also was wondering about the 120hz refresh rate and why the tv only shows 60hz. I am hooked up to a Dish VIP722 and am told it can only put out 60hz max. The tv then takes that signal and converts it to 120hz all by itself. The display shows 1080i and 60hz but I am told that that is the rate coming out of the 722 and not what I am actually seeing. That may all be a bunch of bovine scatology but I'll believe it until I hear a better explanation. Now I have a question: What is DLC and why, after I shut it off, does it always comes back on? I read at Sharp that is because I am in Store mode but according to the tv I am in Home mode.

It seems kind of odd that I get the same 1080i at 60hz with Comcast cable and the HD box.
Re: your question. I read it reverts to DLC on every time you turn the set on...in other words you have to turn it off each time. One guy returned it for this reason. I bought mine Saturday PM, used the above settings and I am very pleased. Paid $50. Less than you did and no tax so I'm happy.
post #98 of 147 Old 01-09-2014, 08:32 AM

I get the same 1080i 60hz as well.  I have never seen 120 in the display.  I too have Comcast with the HD box.  

Also, I am thankful to come across this thread, because right out of the box I was completely frustrated with the picture. Pixels, colors, soap opera.  The settings posted here have helped, thank you!  But more so, the reminders that this is a 60inch tv for a great deal ($699 target, with 20% coupon).  These posts have kept it in perspective.  I hate feeling like I've settled, but for what I've paid, its pretty good.

HOWEVER, that said, I also purchased the Vizio 50" M series for $799.  1080/240hz/3D/Smart   Comparing the pictures between the two... Vizio's looks like a 4k screen to the Sharp.  And I was almost persuaded not to get the Vizio!

I kept both, am pleased with both, but really am puzzled by the 60hz with the Sharp, when 120hz was indicated.  Anyone have any solutions?  

post #99 of 147 Old 01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hey all,

In your opinions, what are the best 60" Sharp models to look for currently on the market?

A buddy of mine just had his LG die on him and he loves my Sharp 70" (632) and wants to hop on the Sharp wagon, but I'm not sure which direction to steer him with regard to the current models available since mine is a couple of years old now.
post #100 of 147 Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Please help! We just purchased this tv from BB and are having difficulty hooking up a Vizio soundbar. I called Sharp and they claimed that you can't use a soundbar with this model. There is no digital optical port and only one audio port. The vizio does have a coaxial cord too but we couldn't get it to work. Called BB Tech service- worst ever. No help there. Thinking of returning tv in the morning. Any suggestions? I am NOT tech savvy as you can probably tell. Thanks.
post #101 of 147 Old 01-19-2014, 07:49 PM

Just bought this tv today. Love the pic on it, but am stumped on the audio. Am I able to run my 5.1 Surround Sound ?? Will the Coax-Optical Digital Audio Converter do the trick? If so, am I running it from my receiver to the cable connection on the tv?
Thanks for any info/help. smile.gif
post #102 of 147 Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAz View Post

Just bought this tv today. Love the pic on it, but am stumped on the audio. Am I able to run my 5.1 Surround Sound ?? Will the Coax-Optical Digital Audio Converter do the trick? If so, am I running it from my receiver to the cable connection on the tv?
Thanks for any info/help. smile.gif

Coax port on TV > Radio Shack Coax to Optical Digital converter > Soundbar or 5.1 System.

If a system works with optical it should work with coax. The 1s and 0s are the same, the transmission method is the difference. Like carrying a semi load of 1s and 0s or a train-load to the same destination at the same speed.

Not to confuse the issue, but I would imagine that people that buy these lower end TVs could still have older audio equipment as well. If you have an OLDER 2 channel audio system that only accepts stereo L/R RCA inputs (what so many TVs seem to be ridiculously lacking these days, especially missing the variable audio out), you need the Radio Shack Digital to Stereo L/R RCA converter box. This one offers BOTH Optical and Coaxial INPUTS and old fashioned analog left and right stereo RCA OUTPUTS.
post #103 of 147 Old 01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakmaster View Post

But which setting. There are no numbers just: Low,Normal, Strong, Demo, off

How do I set it to 120?

that is the setting....120hz is a capability of the picture processing

You can set it to different levels to match programming or preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKARO View Post

I get the same 1080i 60hz as well.  I have never seen 120 in the display.  I too have Comcast with the HD box.  

Also, I am thankful to come across this thread, because right out of the box I was completely frustrated with the picture. Pixels, colors, soap opera.  The settings posted here have helped, thank you!  But more so, the reminders that this is a 60inch tv for a great deal ($699 target, with 20% coupon).  These posts have kept it in perspective.  I hate feeling like I've settled, but for what I've paid, its pretty good.

HOWEVER, that said, I also purchased the Vizio 50" M series for $799.  1080/240hz/3D/Smart   Comparing the pictures between the two... Vizio's looks like a 4k screen to the Sharp.  And I was almost persuaded not to get the Vizio!

I kept both, am pleased with both, but really am puzzled by the 60hz with the Sharp, when 120hz was indicated.  Anyone have any solutions?  

it is showing what signal is being fed into it from your source

All the 120hz function does it take the signal and interpolate( add extra frames)....turn it off and then on strong and see if you can see a visible difference

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
post #104 of 147 Old 01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weteach View Post

Please help! We just purchased this tv from BB and are having difficulty hooking up a Vizio soundbar. I called Sharp and they claimed that you can't use a soundbar with this model. There is no digital optical port and only one audio port. The vizio does have a coaxial cord too but we couldn't get it to work. Called BB Tech service- worst ever. No help there. Thinking of returning tv in the morning. Any suggestions? I am NOT tech savvy as you can probably tell. Thanks.

if your TV has a coax out and the Vizio soundbar has a coax in...you should be in good shape

did you change the input on the Vizio soundbar?

Warren

post #105 of 147 Old 01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post

Hey all,

In your opinions, what are the best 60" Sharp models to look for currently on the market?

A buddy of mine just had his LG die on him and he loves my Sharp 70" (632) and wants to hop on the Sharp wagon, but I'm not sure which direction to steer him with regard to the current models available since mine is a couple of years old now.

8 series models

post #106 of 147 Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 PM

Contrast 75
Brightness 40
Color 40
Tint 2
Sharpness 34
Color temp normal
MEMC low
Backlight 75

Transparency off
View mode normal
Noise reduction off
DLC on
Display mode home
post #107 of 147 Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Coax port on TV > Radio Shack Coax to Optical Digital converter > Soundbar or 5.1 System.

If a system works with optical it should work with coax. The 1s and 0s are the same, the transmission method is the difference. Like carrying a semi load of 1s and 0s or a train-load to the same destination at the same speed.

Not to confuse the issue, but I would imagine that people that buy these lower end TVs could still have older audio equipment as well. If you have an OLDER 2 channel audio system that only accepts stereo L/R RCA inputs (what so many TVs seem to be ridiculously lacking these days, especially missing the variable audio out), you need the Radio Shack Digital to Stereo L/R RCA converter box. This one offers BOTH Optical and Coaxial INPUTS and old fashioned analog left and right stereo RCA OUTPUTS.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have to order it. Any special cable I'm gonna need to go with it??
post #108 of 147 Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAz View Post

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have to order it. Any special cable I'm gonna need to go with it??

Nothing special, except for obviously one optical/toslink cable. Supposedly there are "certified" cables for the coax side of the equation but being completely honest I have used plain jane old fashioned normal RCA cable to make that connection (this is the connection from the TV to the little adapter box) and never had a problem.
post #109 of 147 Old 01-27-2014, 05:20 PM

I just bought this TV from BB yesterday, replacing my 47" Vizio. Love everything so far (I'm not a gamer or anything up the above) But I'm upset I can't seem to hook up my Sony sound bar. It was hooked up via an optical cable before. And as stated earlier in the thread, there is no optical cable port on the TV... I've done some research and still haven't found anything that works. My sound bar does have an optical port, as well as a coaxial port and a red/white rca jack... I've hook wires up to every port possible but nothing seems to work.

I can hook the sound bar up to my HD Cable box, but then I get a delay in the sound and sounds like it's echoing. And if I hook it up that way, I won't have the sound bar working for when I watch blue ray's.

Reading through the instruction manual, under connecting external equipment, under the NOTE, it stats that "Digital Audio Output is not available through HDMI hook up." Being that the Digital Audio Output seems to be the only output port on the tv itself, one would assume that this port is needed in order to make any and all sounds from the tv to work through an external sound bar/amp.

But if I'm understanding the instruction manual correctly, that port doesn't work if the video input is through HDMI, which both of my cable and blue are. So even if I were to purchase the converter, I'm afraid that it still wouldn't work either...

I tried hooking the sound bar up via analog, as well as coaxial since my sound bar is equipped with both. And I couldn't get sound out of either connection.

Any idea's or helpful info for a newbee?

post #110 of 147 Old 01-31-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by val22 View Post

Press on remote MENU 0000 for 1st menu and INPUT 2580 for 2nd

Thanks for this info! To access these service menus, do you hold the Menu button then hit 0 0 0 0, or do you press and release the Menu button then hit 0 0 0 0? Same question for Input 2580. I have tried but couldn't seem to get the menus to come up.
post #111 of 147 Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ld3v1lrydr View Post

I tried hooking the sound bar up via analog, as well as coaxial since my sound bar is equipped with both. And I couldn't get sound out of either connection.

Any idea's or helpful info for a newbee?

I had the same problem. No direct solution unfortunately. I ended up taking the digital audio output from my source (DirecTV box in my case) and went directly to the sound bar.
post #112 of 147 Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 PM

Do you get an echo using the Digital output from the Direct tv box??  I tried using the RCA audio outs from my Direct tv box to my Yamaha receiver/amp, and got a very distinct echo.  The headphone jack works for an input for the receiver, but kills the tv speakers.

Pg 17 in the manual makes it look like a 3.5mm mini mike jack will plug into the Digital Audio connection, but, it won't fit!!  An RCA plug fits, but provides no output (unfortunately).  But....I guess I can live w/it.

BTW the 1080i Display is just what's being broadcast....

Anyone been able to find a response time for this set??

post #113 of 147 Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 PM

from FactorySM

post #114 of 147 Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ive had this tv since 10-30-13 and like it alot for the money I paid,blu-rays look great but cable tv sometimes looks odd, blacks are sometimes blue mainly on the clothes people are wearing.On the 120hz issue blu-rays do show on the Sharp as 1080p 24hz,cable on mine shows 720p 60hz
post #115 of 147 Old 02-01-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHardmanJr View Post

I had the same problem. No direct solution unfortunately. I ended up taking the digital audio output from my source (DirecTV box in my case) and went directly to the sound bar.

I get the echo or delay in sound when I go from the cable box out to the sound bar. Thinking of taking the tv back unfortunately..

post #116 of 147 Old 02-02-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ld3v1lrydr View Post

I get the echo or delay in sound when I go from the cable box out to the sound bar. Thinking of taking the tv back unfortunately..

I didn't get any kind of echo when using the digital out of the DirecTV box.

Do you have the speakers off on the TV itself? That would certainly cause an echo.
post #117 of 147 Old 02-02-2014, 06:26 AM

On the 120Hz vs 60Hz issue ... I read somewhere that what the TV displays is what it is getting from the source. So, if it shows 60Hz, that's because the TV is getting a signal from the source that is 60Hz. Internally it uses 120Hz, but that doesn't get displayed anywhere. So, I guess one must "trust" that the TV is operating at 120Hz.
post #118 of 147 Old 02-02-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks for this info! To access these service menus, do you hold the Menu button then hit 0 0 0 0, or do you press and release the Menu button then hit 0 0 0 0? Same question for Input 2580. I have tried but couldn't seem to get the menus to come up.

Ok ... I got this working now ... it's press and release of menu then 0 0 0 0 ... same goes for Input 2580. Mine seemed a little finicky with how it was pressed, especially the Input 2580 menu, but it does work. Next up ... calibration!
post #119 of 147 Old 02-02-2014, 06:30 AM

Re:the 120hz issue and overall PQ...don't forget to check the settings on your cable box,Bllu-Ray player and Roku box. I did and and made adjustments on all.
post #120 of 147 Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:

I didn't get any kind of echo when using the digital out of the DirecTV box.

Do you have the speakers off on the TV itself? That would certainly cause an echo.

Yes that is what's causing the echoing sound, but If I turn off the tv speakers then The sound coming from the sound bar doesn't match the mouths of people on the tv. And that's just as annoying.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42lk520 42 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl 40r450a 40 Inch Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl50r450a 50 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page