Sharp 60" Aquos LC60LE450U - New Lower-End TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 150 Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This TV started showing up on the Canadian sites this week (Future Shop, Best Buy, Visions...). Current price is between $989 and $999 CDN (which probably translates to under $799 US tongue.gif). I can't find this TV on either of the US or Canadian Sharp websites. No online reviews thus far and I can't find any threads here either, so I'm starting this one and I just might make this an owner's thread.
Here are the specs from Visions:

The Sharp LC-60LE450U features an AQUOS 1080P Full HD LED Display for breathtaking images and a 3 million:1 dynamic contrast ratio. Sharp’s 120Hz refresh rate offers precision clarity during fast-motion scenes. Optical Picture Control can automatically adjust your image brightness based on surrounding lighting conditions.

Features:
•Display type: LED
•Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Full HD
•Aspect ratio: 16:9
•Dynamic contrast ratio: 3,000,000:1
•Screen size: 60-in. (diagonal)
•Refresh rate: 120 Hz
•HDTV ready (accepted signals) – 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
•Digital tuner: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
•Optical Picture Control

Inputs:
•3 x HDMI
•1 x USB (photo, music, video, software update)
•1 x video component (Y/Pr/Pb)
•1 x composite video
•3 x audio (L/R)
•1 x PC (15 pin D-sub)

Cheers,
Visor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 150 Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I would steer clear of this TV.

Why?

- only three or four retailers even show it in Google searches.

- there is no mention of it on Sharp's website -- I can't even find and download the manual!

- given the above, and given the commonality with which retailers screw up specs -- it is IMPOSSIBLE to verify anything about this TV

In short.. who knows what they heck it is.  What market it came from, or was dumped from, with who knows what problems.

And, without it being on the Sharp website, good luck if there are firmware related issues that could be fixed by an update.  This TV is a *dump on the market*.

I'd buy it for $500, but that's about it. :/

post #3 of 150 Old 10-19-2013, 02:42 AM

The other thing -- it's not on bestbuy's website either.  Considering they're the same company, and that they have the same purchasers, that's doubly strange.

post #4 of 150 Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 AM

The TV is on Best Buy's website is available at every store in Orlando....Going to buy one for $899 US and will review later.

post #5 of 150 Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM

I'm looking at getting this tv too, looking forward to seeing a review!
post #6 of 150 Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM

I picked this tv up yesterday from BB for 799. I am not impressed. The picture is decent (Dish Hd, blu ray) but you are VERY limited to what you can adjust as far as picture is concerned. You can only adjust brightness, contrast, backlight, sharpness, and tint. That's it! There are no advanced picture settings. I will say that the tv looks pretty good when watching a blu ray, but it will be going back because the flesh/skin tones are HORRIBLE! I have an LG 42lk520 in the master bedroom and it blows this thing out of the water. Spend a little more and get the 550 model or up.
post #7 of 150 Old 10-29-2013, 06:16 AM

Additionally, I was watching the World Series last night and the artifacting and blur were absolutely horrible. I seriously would not waste any time with this television.
post #8 of 150 Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I just bought this tv at Best Buy for 800.00 it looked good at the store,I havnt unboxed it yet,I didnt expect perfection for 800.00 but I hope I didnt screw-up!!! Anyway Ive spent a small fortune on my dedicated HT,so I thought 800.00 was ok for a tv for my living room.
post #9 of 150 Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM

You might be ok. It just depends on what is acceptable to you. My living room is my main room so I wanted a good tv for that room. Unbox it and check it out. Maybe it will work for you! Good luck.
post #10 of 150 Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM

I bought this TV on impulse today with my wife. We couldn't resist the price $800 bucks. I probably should have got the 50" Sony R450 instead, but the 60" screen size was calling to me.

Right now I don't really see what people are complaining about with the quality. Sure, it's not ridiculously awesome, but you get what you pay for. I bought this alphaline TV stand for 88lbs TV's. It came with a mount. The TV is slightly pitching forward and I am super nervous about it. The TV itself is only 61 lbs so I'm not sure what is up. I tightened the hell out of the mount piece into the pole.

Anyhow, I think this a perfectly acceptable TV for it's price. I'm excited to see how the PS3 and future PS4 performs on this TV :-)
post #11 of 150 Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I got this tv 2 days ago & finally got it hooked-up,the pq is great.I watched World War Z & thought the picture was excellent! My cable system is a internet-phone,& cable tv & the highest is only 480i,the company says they are going full HD soon.So for 800.00$ Im pretty happy,besides Ive got enough $$$ in my dedicated HT,the Sharp is for my living room.PS I called Sharp today about this tv not being on there internet site & I was told this is a new model,mine has a August 2013 date on it.
post #12 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 12:31 AM

I just ordered one of these sight unseen for $799 to replace a 10 year old Sony rear projection. I have to think it will be an improvement. I went to the local BB and they didn't have them but I did find a PDF of the manual online. I should have it in a few days and will post back with an uneducated review.

post #13 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 07:24 AM

I just bought this TV at Best Buy yesterday. Paid $799 for it (they call it a sale, regular price is 1099, but I doubt anyone will pay that much for a non-smart Sharp TV). I think the main problem that people are having are the out-of-box settings. The colors were simply horrible when I was watching DirecTV HD. And the motion artifacts were super visible. I've never been a fan of the motion compensation thing... I think it makes movies look like cheap soap operas... anyway... don't be daunted by those initial settings... a little bit of tweaking on the colors and turning off the motion compensation did wonders. We're currently watching a DVD (yes, DVD) and it looks awesome from 12 feet away. Blu-rays look even better. The skin tones are the hardest thing to get right, but I found that bringing the brightness setting down helped a lot. We'll see how the quality holds up with use, but so far I'm happy with the purchase.
post #14 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree we you Landous you got to adust the settings,Ive been playing with this tv for several days and I like it so far.It does have a way to adjust the motion its called MEMC,like i said before my cable only has 480i and the pq is ok,blu-rays look great,i think this worth the 800.00!besides sick of paying 2500-3000$ for tvs that last 3-4yrs!!! they should have priced this tv for around 1200-1500$ more people would have liked it,one more thing the sq of this tv is bad,but I think all tvs sound bad these days,thats the only thing I miss from old floor model tvs they had great sound even the old rear-projection crt had great sound.
post #15 of 150 Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM

I bought this TV this weekend and I like it. I have not changed any of the settings yet. I would like to see the settings other people are using for this TV. I saw that Best Buy bumped the price up another $100 to $899.
post #16 of 150 Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM

Is there a way to switch inputs without having to hit the OK button after selecting the source? I can't get my DirecTV remote to switch inputs on the TV because of that. Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4
post #17 of 150 Old 11-09-2013, 08:32 PM

I bought this TV as well at Best Buy for 799.99. I think the picture is pretty darn good. I've messed with the settings a bit. Curious as to what you guys have your setting levels at to achieve the best picture. Thanks and for a 60in at that price, I have no complaints and no regrets whatsoever. 

post #18 of 150 Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 AM

Liked: 11
I have a similar model that I bought back in January for $899. These tend to be Sharp's black friday or super bowl models and they are very basic. $799 is an even better price. I definitely would not pay more than $899 for it because for a little more you can get a model with more picture adjustments. Overall I've been pretty happy with mine. Is it perfect? No but at $899 or less it's fine. Just a few years ago any 60" would have cost thousands so to now get one at that price is great. I will post settings when I get back to my tv.
Raiders13 likes this.
post #19 of 150 Old 11-24-2013, 10:04 AM

Hello all, I just purchased the LC60LE452U from Target for $699 with 5% with my Redcard. Looks like from Sharp's site, the 450U=452U as they have the same owner's manual. As I read this thread, I wonder if I should return. I'm not videophile by any means, and don't know a ton, but I do know I want a good picture, especially for sports. My TV basically powers on to ESPN and stays there. I will also play my Xbox360 (haven't bought the ONE yet) every so often and would like it to look good too. I have a home theater system, so don't care about audio, recently purchased the Yamaha RX-V573 to go with my Klipsh tower speakers and B&W center channel. I had originally wanted to buy the Vizio M601D with all the frills (240Hz, 3D, smart) but I have a LG BluRay Player that can do that, and at worst I'll get a Roku, plus I have a Chromecast already. Think I made a decent choice? Please do advise, I'm willing to take any criticism here, as I know I'm not very knowledgeable about home theater.
post #20 of 150 Old 11-24-2013, 06:24 PM

I also just picked up this tv from Target. So far I'm fine with everything about it, except that I am having a difficult time fixing the lag when playing games on my ps3.
I know the more expensive models have a "game" option in AV mode that fixes this issue, but this TV does not have that option.
Does anyone have custom settings that have fixed this issue that they can share with me? It's the only thing that I am concerned about and may ultimately be a deal breaker. Inexpensive tv, but worth enough to be able to play video games on without a terrible lag. Help!!
post #21 of 150 Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bullets View Post

I also just picked up this tv from Target. So far I'm fine with everything about it, except that I am having a difficult time fixing the lag when playing games on my ps3.
I know the more expensive models have a "game" option in AV mode that fixes this issue, but this TV does not have that option.
Does anyone have custom settings that have fixed this issue that they can share with me? It's the only thing that I am concerned about and may ultimately be a deal breaker. Inexpensive tv, but worth enough to be able to play video games on without a terrible lag. Help!!

Oh no, I do play my Xbox sometimes. That's no good. Guess I should return then huh? I opted for free delivery and haven't yet scheduled the delivery, I figured I'd try to find out more about it and take my time, especially in case something else better comes on down the road. Please let me know if you figure out how to fix it. Does this lag come from the TV not being able to "process the graphics quick enough"...in layman's terms?
post #22 of 150 Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM

I also got one at Target today. The motion artifacts were terrible unless I set MEMC to Low. MEMC set to Off was also bad.

I did not find that DLC had any effect.
post #23 of 150 Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 AM

The problem I'm having is the DLC (Dynamic Luminance Control) resets back to "On" every time I switch an input. I've toggled between Store and Home modes and the DLC setting won't stay "Off" on either.

This is possibly a dealbreaker. Anyone have any ideas?
post #24 of 150 Old 11-25-2013, 08:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bullets View Post

I also got this tv last weekend. I had the same problem with my ps3 and I figured it out. Turn off the MEMC. Then try and play, should work
mustang9507 likes this.
post #25 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM

I purchased this TV at Target $699 over this past weekend. Little nervous when I made the purchase with the limited reviews and not so great ones. I think the problem is people need to temper their expectations when purchasing a TV of this size at this price. Naturally it is not going to have all the bells and whistles that one twice the price would. For example I have a Sharp 60 Quatros in my main room and yes it is better but not that much. I made this purchase cause I just got the xboxone and needed to upgrade the TV I had in my game room. So given what the xboxone is and capable of I wasn't looking for a smart TV. So to start the Xboxone hooked up with no issues recognized my TV right away. I tested it out to start with COD Ghosts and definetly had turn the MEMC all the way down to low. Also turned the color and brightness down and turned up the sharpness as well and once that was done it looked pefrectly fine. After that I switched to the Xboxone Blu Ray player and watched the New York battle in Marvels Avengers for effect and it looked great. Capped it off watching NFL Network and again it looked good. Mind you it's not as good as the Quatros but you get what you pay for and for this price point the TV is awesome and I'm happy with my purchase.
post #26 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 PM

I agree that people are being a bit too harsh on this TV. Its a barebones, large 1080p TV from a reputable brand and the PQ is perfectly acceptable to me. I am thrilled with mine.

PS3 does have a tiny bit of lag but I found myself used to it in just a few minutes. I am playing Dark Souls which is pretty precise as far as timing goes and I had no issues. 

post #27 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 06:21 PM

is anyone having difficulty connecting with their home theater? I just got this TV and connected it to my Yamaha receiver that I had the old TV connected to. While watching TV/Movies it doesn't seem to be picking up all the speakers (5 ceiling mount speakers). I have reset and tested the speakers with the mic from the receiver however still nothing. Should I be using a separate cord then the HDMI? Is there a setting on the sound menu I should adjust.

Thanks

post #28 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM

So what exactly is the MEMC feature for? Most people are turning it off saying the picture is better without it. ( one guy said it needed to be on low because ff also looked terrible. )

So, I dunno what it really needs to be but if th feature only slows down input lag then why does the feature exist? It must serve some purpose.

Lastly, if there is some lag, how does that play into the audio? Does the audio stay in sync w the video, or staggered?
post #29 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Long time AVS reader, first time poster. I'm really on the fence between this tv or the Vizio M501d-A2R. I love that the Vizio has a 240hz refresh rate, but the fact that this tv is 60 inches and is made by Sharp might have enough to sway me away. What would you guys suggest? I do a lot of gaming and sports, so 240hz sounded ideal but owning 120hz sets in the past have been definitely sufficient. 

I'm also concerned because I didn't see any optic cable capability anywhere.

post #30 of 150 Old 11-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoubledeezy View Post

Long time AVS reader, first time poster. I'm really on the fence between this tv or the Vizio M501d-A2R. I love that the Vizio has a 240hz refresh rate, but the fact that this tv is 60 inches and is made by Sharp might have enough to sway me away. What would you guys suggest? I do a lot of gaming and sports, so 240hz sounded ideal but owning 120hz sets in the past have been definitely sufficient. 

I'm also concerned because I didn't see any optic cable capability anywhere.

I'm in the same boat as you man, so irked that BBY has the M501D for $599 and the cheapest price for the M601D (I need a 60" TV) is $1199, basically double the price. Crazy...I have the Sharp 452U ready to schedule delivery, I guess I'll try it out. The consensus seems to be that a Sharp is better than a Vizio. I did call SharpUSA today, they verified that the 452U is usually sold in Canada, but it was in her system that a lot of retailers would be using it as a Black Friday doorbuster. Here's the link to the tv on sharp.ca:

http://www.sharp.ca/en-CA/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LEDTV/LEDTVs/LC60LE452U.aspx

Sharp rep told me that I would still have full support and 1 year warranty. My concern is that on Sharp's website, many times the comparison chart varies on features than the "full details" page on the TV does. I just don't want to get stuck with a POS TV, that's all.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42lk520 42 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl 40r450a 40 Inch Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl50r450a 50 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread