Why no love for the LG XXLN5400 series ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I'm just about at the end of my search to replace my 36" 275lb Sony CRT. My cabinet will hold a 46" - 50" display. The room has lots of windows, and the light isn't controled very well, but I do have wide angle needs because of the second couch in the room. I have no interest in 3D, and my BluRay is WiFi Smart. This display will be used in a great room for normal TV, sports, and movies. No gaming. The light in the room, and the reflections took the Panny 50" plasma out of the running. I have a Samsung 42" EH6000 in my bedroom (with a TS Samsung panel) and love it, so I looked at the 50" version that's on it's way out, but everything I found local had the CH panel in it, so it was out. I was at HHG yesterday and was looking at the LG LN5400's in a 47" and 50". The off angle view was good, and the picture seemed to be better than the Vizio E471. Amazon, BB, HHG, and ABT, all have 4+ user reviews of the LG LN5400's, but in searching here, there is little to no information about this panel. Is there some well known fact about these base model LG panels that I am unaware of and you guys are keeping a secret ? Or are these just soooo bad a display, that they aren't even remotely deserving of an "Official LG XXLN5400 owners thread" ? Sorry for the long rambling post. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-21-2013, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Ha . . . I knew it . . . That's just how good these LG 5400's are . . . You guys are keeping them a secret so they don't sell out, and you can put one in every room of the house . . . Or they are just an incredible POS that don't even deserve a single post
post #3 of 5 Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Alright . . . One more try . . . Anybody have any input about the LG LN5400 series ? LG customer service told me that the TruMotion works by inserting black frames in between, instead of creating similar image frames. They said this would minimize the SOE that I really don't care for. My biggest concen is not being able to adjust the TruMotion setting in any of the menus. I guess I could just pull the trigger locally at HHG and take it back if I don't care for it. Again, any input from current or previous owners would be appreciated.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 AM

Liked: 11
I have the 5700 which I believe is the same panel just with smart features. You can adjust the trumotion . Only had it a week but so far I'm really impressed
post #5 of 5 Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I bought a 42ln5400 last week. Waiting for it to arrive on Wednesday. I'll report on my experience if I can ever find this thread again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share
Gear in this thread - 55ln5400 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page