Sony 55X850A for 55HX950. Good deal or not? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After 11 months, my 55HX950 started showing several horizontal lines of stuck pixels, which turns out to be a known problem. Sony sent out a reconditioned 55HX950 to replace it, but it was damaged when I got it (2" scratch on the front glass). I sent it back and received another replacement TV today. This time, they sent a new 55X850A instead of a reconditioned 55HX950. I assume they are out of recon'ed 55HX950's because I didn't ask for a new TV, didn't complain about the original TV going bad, didn't complain about the replacement arriving damaged, etc. Or maybe the sent me a new one because I didn't complain.

On paper, it sounds like they did me right. The new one lists for $1000 more, and based on the current Sony sales price of $3500, it's still $500 more than I paid for the HX950. But, I really like the HX950. I like the "local dimming full array backlight". I'm very happy with the TV's performance (until the pixel problem started). I like the aesthetics of my current TV. I doubt I will have any 4K sources in the next few years.

I haven't even unwrapped the X850A yet. I want to see it in the store first, which I will do tomorrow.

So, the question is, should I look at this as a "step up" for no charge, or a "step down" even though the new TV is more expensive.

Thanks,
ibroussard

Editing to subscribe
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr55x850a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page