Official Panasonic TC-L65WT600 4k Owner's Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
panasonic.jp/viera/4k_faq/page011.html found this page which possibly suggests HDCP 2.2 support is coming in June this year. Not sure how reliable the translation is or if it'll ever materialise outside of Japan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 09:12 PM

I just confirmed that my WT600a, Australian model, got firmware update yesterday (29/05/15). That finally allowed Netflix app installation and that indeed performs in UHD (I tried Marco Polo and House of Cards). That said even on my 100 Mbps and cable, not wifi, TV-to-router connection there is an initial gap between sound and picture which clears itself after about a minute or so. Haven't tried BD player though, mine is not UHD yet.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlnau View Post
I just confirmed that my WT600a, Australian model, got firmware update yesterday (29/05/15). That finally allowed Netflix app installation and that indeed performs in UHD (I tried Marco Polo and House of Cards). That said even on my 100 Mbps and cable, not wifi, TV-to-router connection there is an initial gap between sound and picture which clears itself after about a minute or so. Haven't tried BD player though, mine is not UHD yet.
No sign of any update for my UK model, WT600B. That sounds like pretty great news though.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
It does sound like good news and brings hope, but not sure if it will ever make its way to the US.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WT600 vs. AX800

I have the WT600, it had some issues with blacking out during youtube. Best Buy is offering me $3000 store credit to get a new 4K tv. Should I get the AX800 by Panasonic? THat is the 2014 model available for $2199 now. I can use the remaining credit to buy a 5 year warranty and any accessories. Or, should I go for a samsung or a sony? I have 8 pairs of Panasonic 3d glasses that will work on both. Not that I watch 3D, but If i did get the sony or samsung, I would have to buy glasses as an added cost. Just seeing what WT600 owners out there think I should do?? Get the AX800? or, wait for the new Panasonic? I have 30 or 45 days to use my credit, not sure if the 2015 Panasonic will be out by then… I do know that the AX800 will do netflix in 4K, and is also supposed to be HDCP 2.2, which is needed for the blurry 4K coming out in the end of the year. All advice is appreciated…

Thanks!!
Bejoy (bejoy1@hotmail.com)
Old 08-13-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs down

Panasonic TVs that support UltraHD streaming via Netflix:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23877 (Click on the "Netflix in Ultra HD" tab once there)

Quote:
The below list of Panasonic devices currently support Netflix in Ultra HD.

XW804
XW904
XW944
CX600
CX650
CX800
CX850
This TC-L65WT600 is so lame.

Chet
Old 09-25-2015, 06:06 AM

http://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitters...60-444-600mhz/ This might be what we've been waiting for. Should strip HDCP 2.2 so something like the Nvidia Shield with netflix 4k streaming support should work via HDMI 2.0 for 4k.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:19 AM

what could you connect besidws the nvidia shield? is there any other device that does netflix 4k that we can use with the Integral?

Bejoy
Old 10-01-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoy View Post
what could you connect besidws the nvidia shield? is there any other device that does netflix 4k that we can use with the Integral?

Bejoy
I'm not sure yet but I'm sure other devices are coming if they're not already available. SHIELD was just the first thing I could find via Google that was confirmed to have it.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:59 PM

4K on WT600

does anyone know if the new ROKU 4 will be able to stream 4K on the WT600? I think it does hdmi 1.4 or hdmi 2.0, but I don't know if netflix and amazon will stream in 2160P?

any ideas? It is available for pre-oredr on Best Buy for $129 with a release date of october 21st. Just wondering if it will actually do 4K on the Wt600..

Tahnks,
Bejoy
Old 10-23-2015, 09:03 PM

4K on WT600 now!!!

I think I may have found a way to have HDCP 2.2 devices work on the WT600 for less than $50. The Integral is $199 I believe, but this device will strip HDCP 2.2 which will allow us to watch 4K from Netflix on the WT600 with the ROKU 4.

here is the amazon link for the hdmi switch that fixes our tv:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The comment section has people that have the HDCP 1.4 tv like we do that use this $45 box to strip the hdcp 2.2, and then the roku 4 will play 4k on the WT600:
The splitter will strip HDCP 2.2. How you hook everything up will depend on your receiver and if you want 30 FPS or 60 FPS (assuming Roku 4). Option 1 - If your receiver has HDMI 2.0 OR if it does not have HDMI 2.0 and you are fine with 4K at 30 FPS hook the Roku 4 up to the input of the splitter, run one of the outs to your receiver, receiver to TV. Option 2 - IF your receiver does NOT have HDMI 2.0 and you want 60 FPS then Roku to splitter, splitter to TV, and optical out to receiver. 30 FPS should be fine for most TV shows and movies so the first option 1 may suit you well.

I am buying the ROKU 4 and the switch that strips HDCP2.2 and I will report back if everything works as it says.

Thanks,
Bejoy
Old 01-06-2016, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Lots of 4K news coming out of CES. Since this is the only "4K" (I use the term lightly) TV in my house, I'm wondering if you think that any of the following will even be compatible?:

Chet
Old 01-19-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
Lots of 4K news coming out of CES. Since this is the only "4K" (I use the term lightly) TV in my house, I'm wondering if you think that any of the following will even be compatible?:
I think the dish hopper may work, but I didnt have dish to try it out. VUDU UHD and the new UHD players coming out may require HDMI 2 (which this tv has) and HDCP 2.2 (which WT600 does not have, unfortunately...) I have time warner cable and they have no 4k box coming anytime soon. I did try the hdmi splitter from amazon, and it worked to have the roku 4k connect (it bypassed the hdcp 2.2), however the picture quality looks like it is still in 1080P (even though the panasonic says 2160p when you hit info). I ended up returning my WT600 last weekend to best buy, they gave me a $2999.99 gift card, so I bought the new SONY X930C 65 inch for $2999.98 (even exchange). I was having issues with my wt600 blacking out during tv aps (netflix and youtube), so theyreplaced the main board, the pc board, some other board, and after the three repairs, they gave me the authorizatoin to get a comparable replacement. I chose the top of the line SONY 4K with HDR (XBR65X930C) and I love it! I still think the WT600 had a better picture quality for tv viewing, but that is probably because I havent had it calibrated yet. It is set to be calibrtaed on March 5. This is what I got to replace my Wt600
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-...&skuId=2639095
Old 01-19-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think the dish hopper may work, but I didnt have dish to try it out. VUDU UHD and the new UHD players coming out may require HDMI 2 (which this tv has) and HDCP 2.2 (which WT600 does not have, unfortunately...) I have time warner cable and they have no 4k box coming anytime soon. I did try the hdmi splitter from amazon, and it worked to have the roku 4k connect (it bypassed the hdcp 2.2), however the picture quality looks like it is still in 1080P (even though the panasonic says 2160p when you hit info). I ended up returning my WT600 last weekend to best buy, they gave me a $2999.99 gift card, so I bought the new SONY X930C 65 inch for $2999.98 (even exchange). I was having issues with my wt600 blacking out during tv aps (netflix and youtube), so theyreplaced the main board, the pc board, some other board, and after the three repairs, they gave me the authorizatoin to get a comparable replacement. I chose the top of the line SONY 4K with HDR (XBR65X930C) and I love it! I still think the WT600 had a better picture quality for tv viewing, but that is probably because I havent had it calibrated yet. It is set to be calibrtaed on March 5. This is what I got to replace my Wt600
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-...&skuId=2639095
I wish I could get rid of this hunk of junk for $2,999. LOL

Chet
Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

An update about using this TV for 4K viewing:

In February, I was one of the first few to get the Dish Hopper 3 upgrade. I installed the Hopper 3 onto my 1080p plasma, but I also upgraded to a Joey 4K for this Panasonic TV.

The only 4K that is available on the oey 4K is through Dish OnDemand. I was able to watch some free TV shows (Defiance) in 4K without issue. The Joey 4K had an HDMI cable that ran directly to this TV (no surround sound receiver or anything).

Fast forward to today. I tried to pull up some more 4K content using Dish OnDemand and I am now getting this error from the Joey 4K:

Isn't this TV supposed to support HDCP 2.2? I have contacted Dish and they didn't even have this error message in their troubleshooting logs. The have escalated it to the engineers.

Chet
Old 04-08-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
An update about using this TV for 4K viewing:

In February, I was one of the first few to get the Dish Hopper 3 upgrade. I installed the Hopper 3 onto my 1080p plasma, but I also upgraded to a Joey 4K for this Panasonic TV.

The only 4K that is available on the oey 4K is through Dish OnDemand. I was able to watch some free TV shows (Defiance) in 4K without issue. The Joey 4K had an HDMI cable that ran directly to this TV (no surround sound receiver or anything).

Fast forward to today. I tried to pull up some more 4K content using Dish OnDemand and I am now getting this error from the Joey 4K:

Isn't this TV supposed to support HDCP 2.2? I have contacted Dish and they didn't even have this error message in their troubleshooting logs. The have escalated it to the engineers.
From what i remember, this WT600 has HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.0. In order for it to work with ROKU 4 and the Joey 4K it needs HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 version. HDCP 2.2 is available in most 4K tvs that are from 2014 and newer. Since the WT600 is the 2013 model, it has HDCP 2.0 which is incompatible. There is a unit you can buy called HDFury that can be used to bypass that, but it costs $199 I believe. It basically converts the HDCP 2.0 to HDCP 2.2. There was also a HDMI splitter on amazon for only $45 that did the same thing, but it is no longer available because it was "stripping" the HDCP 2.2 copyright or something. I think the only work around is to get that HDFury Integra unit, or try to find something similar. Sorry...
ckenisell likes this.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I guess we can pretty much forget about this set getting a firmware update that supports HDCP 2.2? Thanks, Hollywood, for putting this copy protection crap out there that takes things way too far. When you start blocking paying consumers, that's a real bitch move.

Chet
Old 05-25-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I guess we can pretty much forget about this set getting a firmware update that supports HDCP 2.2? Thanks, Hollywood, for putting this copy protection crap out there that takes things way too far. When you start blocking paying consumers, that's a real bitch move.
Were you able to find a work-around? Is there any 4K content you are able to view on it now? (besides youtube)...
Old 05-25-2016, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Were you able to find a work-around? Is there any 4K content you are able to view on it now? (besides youtube)...
I believe that the HD Fury is the only workaround: https://www.hdfury.com/fix-hdcp-2-2-and-4k60-issues-once-for-all/

I don't have one, but there is at least one thread dedicated to it around here somewhere. Everyone that owns one says it works great. Today, in fact, I called Dish back to get a $50 refund for my Joey 4K since they decided to send a firmware update that implemented HDCP 2.2 for all 4K content. Why should I pay for it if it's not compatible with my TV?

I would like to have the HD Fury, but I can't see myself buying paying that much when I can go out and buy a new 4K TV that has HDR implemented. But I can guarantee you that it won't be a Panasonic. This TV is a bust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv